Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, i just helped some NIN named Boxxy do the Valley of Sorrows NM (thinking she knew what she was doing). The mentor symbol should have been a give away. We get there, she pops it and she says: "Oh ****, it has enStone effect xD" then Firega III and we die. Serves me right for helping random people.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X View Post
      Could anyone give me a brief overview of how this Augements stuff works? All the information i've read seems abit vague, and i always seem to be missing something. Starting from square one, i want to turn my Weskit into a 14million Salvage piece, how do i do it (i get it's based on luck)
      Augmented items are available in a number of ways. However, what you want to do is available via the Elite Training Regimes in Fields of Valor.

The first thing you are going to need is 'Tabs'. Tabs are rewarded by completing regular FoV training regimes (the higher the level of the regime, the more tabs you receive). Once you have enough tabs, you can purchase an Elite Training Regime. There are 8 of these at the moment (Introduction and Chapters 1-7). The higher the training level, the more tabs it requires to purchase.

The level of the Elite Training Regime you purchase determines the level of equipment you can add an augment to (so for level 70+ equip, you need to defeat the tougher NMs). You then have your Elite Training Regime and equipment you want to augment and you travel to the appropraite Field Parchment (in the field).

Trade the equipment and the NM will spawn. Defeating it provides you with a treasure chest which you can open and inside will be your (randomly) augmented equipment.

Comment

Haha, she traded a Hauby too, which has now been lost.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X View Post
          Haha, she traded a Hauby too, which has now been lost.
          Which is why you don't want to be trading your HQ weskit

The most likely average stat additions will not be worth the potential risk of you losing it.

Comment

Can we Argument Daragon?

Comment

Sure, why not?

I could do with some extra stats that won't end up costing me eleventeen million gil <.<

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                Chances are you're not going to get your weskit THAT close to it.

I would not advise using up an HQ weskit for augmenting either - once an item becomes augmented you can't sell it and you can't choose what to augment it with. I know that certain items can have their augments removed, but I think that's restricted to the new weapons and that can be only done 5 times with the augment becoming permanent on the 6th.

If you want a piece that's at least slightly comparable to the Morrigan's robe, you probably won't do much better than the ACP body with M.Att and M.Acc on it.
                This is pretty damm close, even better resist wise then Morrigans.

Comment

Eh, maybe it is possible then.

Still, is it really worth chancing the piece for potential gubbins?

Comment

I don't have a HQ Weskit, i've been saving for it. I do have four NQ ones though So wouldn't mind trying to augument those. Someone managed to get INT+5 on one, but in some cases -2

Was beginning to believe the new base weapons didn't drop from Camp. battles, until a RNG bow popped up earlier, sadly came in 2nd. They few and far between.

Comment

Oh right, well go nuts then if you're using the NQ hehe.

I'd assumed you wanted to try an HQ.

Comment

Thanks to Rep for helping me duo the tree NM for the WotG mission in Jugner Forest. Was an incredibly long, but fun, battle.

And thanks both him and Tobal for helping me clear A Nation on the Brink a little later on. Another fun mission but for totally different reasons. I really like these large scale missions with a ton of helper NPCs and lots of weaker mobs. Really feels more like a war effort.

And the cut scenes for the entire WotG line is easily the best S-E have done since. The entire sequence of

Lilisette battling the orcs

was so incredibly well done and the script with the All Your Base… reference was unexpected (but appreciated).

So we’ve got a fair few missions/quests on the go.

A Crystaline Prophecy – Final Battle (Kerushi/Reploidx)
                        Windurst Rank Missions – Rank 6 onwards (Daragon/Kerushi/Rarehero/Tobal)
                        Wings of the Goddess – Nation quests after A Nation on the Brink (Rarehero/Reploidx/Tobal)
                        A Moogle Kupo d’Etat: Evil in Small Doses – Full Mission Line (Daragon/Rarehero/Reploidx/Tobal)

Need to focus a little I think. Tonight we have agreed to complete the ACP final battle. We are gathering at 7pm with the following participants/jobs:

Rarehero – RNG
                        Reploidx – WHM/BLM
                        Tobal – RDM/COR

Rush, I think you said you needed this so that would be our fourth so we’re looking for 2 more people so if anyone wants another shot at a decent augmented ring now’s your chance. We’d like to begin as close to 7pm as possible so if you don’t want to take part and need the key item for a new reward try and get that sorted prior to the time agreed. If you want to help without receiving a new reward, you don’t need to re-obtain the key item.

Once this is done, I think we should focus on Moogle Kupo d’Etat.
                        Last edited by C'; 23-07-2009, 10:44. Reason: Added Daragon to list of names for A Moogle Kupo d'Etat

Comment

I can help out with ACP this evening, but I'm away again this weekend and really would like to get Moogle sorted out too.

Is there much chance of delaying that for monday, or would you all be willing to help out with everything a second time?

Edit: Scratch ACP, just remembered I'm out this evening too If you don't happen to get enough I'm available for anything as of monday.
                          Last edited by Daragon; 23-07-2009, 10:21.

Comment

I'm not delaying starting MKD as I've had this weekend designated for trying to clear as much as possible for a while now. If you need it later I'm sure we'll be willing to help for the random augmentation rewards.

Comment

How much later? I don't want to have to force myself onto a pickup group

Comment

I should be able to make it for 7 but ill only be free for 30 mins i think. I have the key item already just need to get there. You want me sam or war?

Comment

Working...
                                X