This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C' View Post
    Right, well then according to the Wiki you should be able to land proper nukes instead of the full resists you were getting. Apparently the Seed Crystal has a massive amount of Magic Defence but you need to focus of elemental magic skill to ensure they land rather than improve the damage output.
    I'm altering my gear sets as we speak I'm still a little suprised at the level of resist though. Going to try and enhance Elemental Debuffs too, sure i could squeeze afew extra INT to push it over 150.

Edit: Ok sorted i think, pushed Elemental Skill to 317 and added some Magic Acc. Hopefully will make a difference.
    Last edited by Rep; 24-07-2009, 16:06.

Comment

Not going to make the sky fall, but still a very, very nice piece for my first attempt. Really made up with it, and had fun. FoV is an awesome system, long may it continue.

Comment

A straight HNM set should do it using Skill > MACC > INT > MAB, I can land unresisted on RDM around the 300 mark.

Cleared the Sandy WotG quest line yesterday, Orc was a cake walk and the BC after was a simple duo no tougher than fighting the real NQ. I need to catch up windy and bastok now

Comment

Did you guys ever manage to redo ACP?

I'm back home tomorrow morning rather than monday so I'm available to help out if needs be. What's happening with Moogle btw? I'll get it ordered tomorrow when I get in -do the quests running up to the boss fight take long to do?

Comment

Obtained the Navaratna Talisman and ready for the BC battle at Chamber of Oracles for A Moogle Kupo d'Etat.

Comment

Got to do some real testing with Yonin and Innin this weekend and I’m really, really impressed.

Firstly Yonin. I knew from solo work that the evasion boost was noticeable and the Ninja Tool Expertise is obviously pretty sweet (when is this getting fixed? ) so just needed to see what the enmity bonus was like. The answer is pretty damn awesome.

Me and Rep duoed some Fields of Valour in Ru’Aun Gardens as NIN/DNC and BLM/RDM. Started with no ability active and I asked Rep to go nuts and do everything he could to get hate. I cast Jubaku to get a mobs attention then engaged and activated Yonin whilst Rep landed a tier IV spell (Thunder I think) which did approx. 1100 damage. He actually did get hate following but 2 attack rounds later I got hate back with no use of any other abilities or curing. He followed up with Stun (a high enmity spell) and another tier IV neither of which managed to take hate. And the Flamingo was dead.

Further battles went even better with Rep launching volleys of magic (including 1400+ AMII) and the mob not budging from my attention. And this was all with /DNC but no use of Steps (so no Animated Flourish for Provoke). I’d imagine the effect would be even better with /WAR or /DRK (depending on the situation).

So with Yonin officially classed as ‘AWESOMESAUCE” that left Innin which I tested in a merit party yesterday. We EXPed at Mamool Ja Staging Point (near the Jade Sepulcher zone) and setup was NIN, NIN, NIN, SAM, BRD, RDM. I used Marinara Pizza +1 and previous experiences at this camp have been that accuracy was generally fine except for Mamool Ja Infiltrators (NIN) and Mamool Ja Lurkers (THF).

With the accuracy bonus from Innin (whilst behind the mob) Infiltrators became no problem whatsoever (near enough capped accuracy) and Lurkers become much more tolerable (although accuracy was notably worse as the effect of Innin degraded over time). The critical bonus was difficult to eyeball on TP but I did find that my Blade: Jins landed for more consistently higher numbers when launched from behind. Spikes of 900+ were seen prior to the update but were happening more often now which gives us more consistency with Jin (whose damage can be described as inconsistent at best).

Obviously this party’s particular setup meant I got more use of the bonuses as although I did my fair share of provoking other there was plenty of times where hate was on the other ninjas. In a more traditional party at birds (where I would expect to be the only NIN) I may end up facing the mob more often although the enmity reduction may make that less of an issue.

I’m not going to argue that this was the best merit party I’ve ever had although I can say with honesty that my NIN was better equipped than the other 2 so with other comparable DDs could have made a really good party into an excellent one and although Innin doesn’t take NIN up to the top tiers of DD (the very best 2 handers will still be at the very top) it does seem as though the ability allows NIN to more than hold their own.

Both job abilities are very much appreciated and probably work a lot better than anyone ever expected.

Comment

Are we planning to complete MKD this evening?

I managed to reach the Quicksand Caves mission this morning at about 1.30 but I got too tired to actually complete it. Should have it sorted in an hour or two this afternoon maybe though.

Am I ok on BLM or do you want me to job change?

Comment

I can be on this evening for BC (i have the 9 items, just need to trade them), i'd sooner wait till tomorrow if that's ok? Also got a TE Arcade stick today as a present, playing with it now

Comment

Will tomorrow interfere with your Dynamis?

Comment

It's Valkurm so hopefully not, should be an early finish.

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Guys, I might have a problem regarding this evening.

I was out for most of the morning/afternoon, intended to get the collection mission from Quicksand Caves sorted when I got in. Unfortunately, having just discovered there's to be maintenance until 7pm it's scuppered my plans.

Can we sort this and the remaining missions tomorrow, or are people ok with going ahead at 9-10pm or so?

Comment

only if you give rare a kiss!!!

Comment

No ta! <.<

Comment

Talisman sorted! What sort of time we looking at for doing this tomorrow? Do we have a full group going or do we need 2 pick ups?

Comment

Working...
                                X