Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, am really starting to miss XI now as well. I just hope that XIV can recover as I suspect I'm way, way too far behind to catch up with anything in XI these days.

Besides, I'd probably just log in and fish between BRD invites, of which I suspect would be very few and far between as I don't have any of the abyssea packs (and March REALLY isn't a great month to be suddenly adding new purchases to!)

Comment

I tried coming back a month or so ago but the game has moved on and it's damn near impossible to catch up now.

I still have a few more subjobs I needed to level and couldn't get any party invites on DNC so gave up (this is even at the previously 'optimum' East Ronfaure [S] level range). Seems the only way to do low level EXP now is hope you can leech an Abyssea group opening chests or something. I even tried EXPing NIN and RNG from 75+ and again nothing there either.

So, for the first time since October 2003 I do not have an active FFXI account. It's a shame as the game does sound like a lot of fun these days.

Comment

I just hope my account and characters haven't been blitzed into Oblivion, having had them canceled since I stopped playing last July.

SE seem to have had enough of those 'welcome back' promotions on in the past though, so maybe a worst case scenario is just reactivating at the next one they decide to do.

Comment

It nowhere near being impossible to do anything, i've just last week started a 2nd account with my unused ffxvi machine, currently leveling a whm which i have gotten to 19 solo without any PL from my main. The increase to xp(double what it was) means higher exp again with exp bands than can be found in abyssea if you make a standard party and solo i was doing 4.5k an hour with no subjob on whm against ep/dc mobs using the now unlimited FoV missions. And skilling up is faster after last weeks patch for skills under 200 points and decent afterwards, enhancing which is a bastard to level was netting me .4 to .5 every other use.

So, so many changes have happened and there many, many shouts for exp to atma hunts.

Comment

Tobals right, if anyone is thinking about a come back now is the time to do it. Double XP in normal zones, High skillup rates, and lots of shouts for XP. (Abyssea required!)

Nobody flags up any more, you just head to port jeuno and say "Yes Please" to one of the 100000 shouts that are going on. I mean since starting back almost 2 months ago I Lvls all sub jobs and 3 new 90 jobs. Abyssea bosses aint hard any more, as in last night I solo'd one and duo one regular for nin trial weapon.

Tobal -

I solo'd KI and Cirein-croin yesterday, which I beleive your gonna need. I need to do a couple more if you want the lanterns. (Faming Jewels and Stones) I farmed Frog KI on nin and NQ and HQ Fish on blm. Went 1/1 with no red. (Lucky I expect)
            Last edited by djtickle; 02-03-2011, 10:32.

Comment

Looks like both FFXI and FFXIV will be down for at least a week due to the quakes.

Comment

I'd have to agree with DJ and Tobal, it's never been easier to level than it is now. You can basically solo to 30 or party if you can fancy putting one together then head into Abyssea to key. I took MNK 20 to 78 recently just taking a pause to unlock Asuran Fists.

Good gear for all jobs is simple to get now Empyrean +1 can be done fast by either jumping on a shout, setting up your own aprty or solo on any EVA job. Think I started chasing emp +1 about 2 months ago and I play spordically now, in that time I'm

3/5 BRD
                3/5 PLD
                1/5 MNK
                1/5 WAR
                3/5 THF
                1/5 WHM
                1/5 BLM

Though in all honesty I've always been more interested in Atma and of coure the twilight gear from Shinryu.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
                  Looks like both FFXI and FFXIV will be down for at least a week due to the quakes.
                  Fund-raising page for GlobalGiving earthquake and tsunami relief fund here.

V
                  Last edited by vwilsonuk; 15-03-2011, 16:59.

Comment

Glad to hear your safe Hic, as I'm sure others are

Might have a play about with this next week, probably been a good 4-5months since I last logged on. I'll never forgive myself If I don't finish WotG and Abyssea Especially since XIV is a big bag of turd

Comment

Packed a bag at 3am Tuesday morning and caught the first train south. Am now in Fukuoka. Wondering when it will really be safe to go home to Tokyo!

Thank you for your thoughts, Rep

Comment

Servers are back up.

Comment

Let's hope their servers aren't in a blackout group

Not sure if you've seen this but it's new to me today.

This town (Kesennuma) burned through the night on Friday 11th March.

Have raised £400 so far for the GlobalGiving campaign which has had teams on the ground in Sendai since the days after the quake and tsunami hit. Would be great if you would forward the link to friends and family who may not know a good way to offer support. If you can spare a pound or two please consider making a donation, every little will make a huge difference to someone who has lost everything they own and perhaps all of their family too.

Also have contributed a short entry to Quakebook which should be released soon with all proceeds going to the Japan Red Cross.
                          Last edited by vwilsonuk; 27-03-2011, 15:09.

Comment

Raise.

It's been five months since I last logged on now and I've been toying with the idea of returning, then last night I was given a little push.

So what are all the cool kids into these days? Is it still pure Abyssea? Is anyone other than Tobal still playing? Am I ever going to finish WotG?!

I don't even know what the current level cap is.

Comment

Keep meaning to log back in myself, just to check out the changes for a month or so at least. Really do miss not having an MMORPG on the go, being a part of two since 2002 up until last summer now.

Outside of a PS3 version of XIV which is looking less and less likely to happen now, and The Old Republic which my sage-like PC will have a better chance of ****ting out gold than running, XI is my only real option until I can afford to replace my desktop.

The only drawback to actively partaking in one however, is that the vast majority of my games collection suffered to the point where I've got shelves full of still factory sealed PS2/360/PS3 games

Comment

Still Abyssea mainly centred around empy farming being it can all be low maned or building AF3+2's or makig fake empy's, not played much myself just leveling my 2nd up to 30 and doing quests to open up the world(chocobo's, airships passes, Toau), caps still 90 but could change after the delayed patch which will be coming soon'ish. I hope it stays 90 for a couple of patches yet.
                                Stuff we know that is in

*Dynamis remade in an abyssea styled zone, and you can enter once a day.
                                *Rebalancing Relic and Mythics so there not outclassed by fake empy's and real empys.
                                *Aug'able rare/ex gear from sky,abj's,nyzul,assualt.
                                *Fellowship improvements (lvl cap 85, more quests)
                                *new Hnm
                                *Campaign improvements.

Comment

Working...
                                X