Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant you change to UK billing now in PoL?

Comment

Does that change the region of the account as well though?

Everything associated with my current install of the game, including the security token is tied to a US account - is it possible to change that?

Comment

Not sure, i really cant remember what they did. Tobal, Rare prob gonna be the best to inform you.

How come you need a new DL version anyways? Why dont you just install your old version, update then buy the addons you want from PoL?

Rep was the code for your in game item separate to the game content code?

And im all ready for tonight tobal, what time will you get on?
        Last edited by djtickle; 17-05-2011, 10:41.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
          How come you need a new DL version anyways? Why dont you just install your old version, update then buy the addons you want from PoL?
          Well because I still need all 3 abyssea packs as well as ASA. Buying the 4 separately would cost me a fair bit more, I'd have them all under one handy download pack and I'd get a very nice in-game item, albeit one which probably has zero use now that pretty much all the jobs I'd ever bother taking beyond 30 I have done, and in all honesty who does level 30 capped content these days?

Comment

Yes, it came in an email about 9 hours after I ordered It That service SE used was pitiful, will be avoiding it in the future.

Also, I finished my BLM +2 legs helping a mate with his laterns too, we finished his 75 Ise Hearts last night too.

Comment

Sweet in no rush ima order it now too!

Ordered it and it came within a min!! Chocobo cap mine!!
              Last edited by djtickle; 17-05-2011, 13:20.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                Sweet in no rush ima order it now too!

Ordered it and it came within a min!! Chocobo cap mine!!
                Didn't you have a US account as well Tickle? If I can't get this new collection through any of the US channels, how do I go about changing the region of my account?

Comment

No my account is a UK one. From when i started again in the 360 beta.

I know you can change to UK billing in the billing section as i did that for maria but i dont know if that lets you use UK codes or not. Tobal and Rare should be about soon they be the best to ask.

Comment

Just so peeps know, i added the abyssea collection i bought to marias account, and even though she has some content the code just activates the rest! Also i get to use the free item code on Dj!!

Rocking night last night me and tob ripped up Cara to put me 25/50 already on Gems. Rep gonna do more tonight if you interested in card/coin of voyage? thf ftw.

Also how have you been doin Isgebind? Have you been low manning it, if so whats involved? or brew fest?
                    Last edited by djtickle; 18-05-2011, 08:24.

Comment

Just about to buy me a new laptop (or in this case probably closer to a notebook) for general PC gaming (including this if I can get myself a new collection sorted) since being out of the loop for over a decade now.

As such I'm not arsed about something that will run days old games at ultra high settings, besides - the best part of a grand is rather much for me and found myself a quite reasonably priced Alienware M11X for just over 400 quid

As I understand it, it will run most games at mid to high settings quite reasonably, and since never actually owning a laptop figured that this would be a good enough time to invest in one.

Only reason I hesitate is because of Dell's purchase of Alienware, and by all accounts Dell aren't exactly purveyors of fine goods and their service is, well, lacking. I was aware of a hinge issue with this particular AW model, but they're now replacing faulty units with a brand new, improved part regardless of warranty if the fault develops.

Any of you IT experts able to improve with anything better for under 500 quid, just as a possible alternative? The only thing that puts me off the AW spec wise is an average sounding Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 1.3GHz/800Mhz FSB/3MB cache processor chip (the screen size I can live with). Pretty much all the video reviews I've read seem to have recent games like Starcraft 2 and GPU heavy games like Crysis running quite well, so the GT335M card is evidently going quite a way to compensate for the CPU.

The budget is strictly 500 quid as it's all i can spare until about Christmas.

Comment

You fighting Isgebind at the moment then Rep?

I'm in need to a Triplus at some point to complete my THF dagger collection, think you have one is it any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                          Alienware M11X for just over 400 quid.
                          I've found one here 2nd hand for about that. Just need to convince the mrs. that I 'need' one for other things other than SC2, which is hard. I've even been forcing myself to work late to make it look like I could be working from home instead.

Comment

Looking at this Acer http://www.kikatek.com/product_info....ucts_id=184797 I'd be quite happy to go over budget by 21 quid - I'm assuming it's in a different league to the Alienware (even though I could get that for just shy of 450 through Dell)

Only problem is I have no idea who Kikatek are - never heard of them up until today. Anyone more familiar with the name? Not sure i can trust an unknown seller with my cashmonies.

Comment

Stick with the Dell, don't expect any kind of quality control with Acer, they'll fall apart just by looking at them. Game should run fine these days on integrated graphics, just don't expect to have everything maxxed out.

Comment

Cheers for the input, was secretly hoping that someone would persuade me against the Acer in favor of the Alienware.

I am after a multi purpose gaming laptop/notebook however, if I wanted something exclusively for this I'd stick with my Xbox version. Any idea how it would handle other games? I have seen video reviews handling Crysis and the like quite nicely, but what do you reckon the overall performance difference between the two would be? The specs do look quite a bit better on the Acer, but if build quality is that bad then yeah, I shouldn't be going for it.

I'd like to imagine though, that the AW could handle XI at least several times better than my Xbox would - then again, MMOs are usually demanding with their requirements.

Edit: Can get this for about 529 quid, worth taking over the AW? http://configure.euro.dell.com/dells...l_id=xps-l502x
                                Last edited by Daragon; 19-05-2011, 00:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X