Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I think we can agree Mythic Weapons were a resounding success then.

Zero Axes!

Bit concerned that S-E may see the (relative) popularity of NIN and the high number of Kannagis and consider the job fixed but based on my own experiences since returning, NIN is only "fixed" now in Abyssea and outside many of the same problems still remain and Dj is right, if the final batch of content for 90-99 exists in the main world seperate from atma buffs then I would expect the old job tiers to come back into play pretty qucikly if no changes are made.

Originally posted by Rep View Post
    I'd say the most surprising is PUP, I keep hearing PUP is haxx, it ended up getting nerfs etc, with everyone leveling it, but the results suggests a different story.
    I imagine this is down to the fact that it's pretty hard to play well and damn expensive.

How depressing are the numbers for WotG pogress? Rivals CoP as having the best storyline, characters and cutscenes. I think the incredibly slow start pretty much killed it which is a shame.
    Last edited by C'; 28-06-2011, 17:32.

Comment

Did any Windows 7 users have any trouble loading the game? Just done with the download from amazon, installed the game and POL won't start up for me - just keeps saying that Playonline viewer has stopped working

I know there's a Vista/Windows 7 patch/thing on the official website which I've tried, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Edit: Googling the problem reveals that many other users are experiencing a similar problem on start up, especially whoever posted this: http://finalfantasyplaystation.com/?p=6296 What's interesting in this case is that he has the same laptop model as me, whether the specs are exactly the same though I don't know. Could the fact that I'm using a dual video card setup be the problem? I have an Intel HD 3000 integrated and a dedicated nvidia 525m.

Edit 2: Seems I was right in part, the problem lies with the 525m card as when I disable it, pol will boot up fine. Obviously I don't want to be playing this on an Intel HD 3000 however. Could the latest Nvidia driver be disagreeing with the game?
      Last edited by Daragon; 29-06-2011, 11:07.

Comment

Secondly, bit of a stupid question, but where do I register the activation key for the game? I know you register the beret through a reward option but I'm guessing it's not used for registering the abyssea stuff.

Can I just pick any of the abyssea packs through expanded services and register the ultimate edition key with Scars of Abyssea for example? Don't really want to use up this code until I know for certain how it works.

Comment

As far as I'm aware it's somewhere in that minefield of a UI under Extended Services or something, best of luck finding it! It will recognise the code and offer to register all expansions pack, although for some reason I had to do it twice to pickup Abyssea.

Comment

Cheers for that.

Any idea what I could do with my video card? Is an earlier driver likely to help?

Comment

Sorry for sounding a bit thick, but how (or why) are you using integrated and dedicated hardware? The integrated isn't a card, it's just a small chip on the board, I assumed in laptops It was either one or the other, there's literally no space for both. Have a look on BG for the update files, that could fix it, since the Abyssea edition still needs about 8hours of updates, can you force a filecheck too?

Comment

Probably just the chip then, don't really know the ins and outs of laptops and desktops I'm afraid.
                In my device manager, I have both listed under display adapters so I just assumed they were two different cards.

When you say to look on BG for the update files, do you mean the game ones? I'm not entirely sure how that could fix my graphics problem, given that I couldn't even access POL without first disabling the nvidia graphics.

For the moment, I've managed to access the updater and am currently at 30% downloaded after about an hour.

Comment

Managed to +1 all my NIN Scars of Abyssea empyrean armour now. Any advice on easiest ways to get:

Card of Voyage
                  Stone of Balance
                  Coin of Vision

Comment

Stone of Balance / Card of Balance - Sobek (He can drop max 3 stones, and 1 card).

Coin of Vision - Ulhuadshi , can also drop max 3, and it's the nicer of the NMs on that list, probably the easiest to farm. Speak to Xzeikx, he's after Fangs.

Comment

Zomg woke up this morning to a /tell from Daragon! hes alive!!!

Comment

{Where?}

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                          Managed to +1 all my NIN Scars of Abyssea empyrean armour now. Any advice on easiest ways to get:

Card of Voyage
                          Stone of Balance
                          Coin of Vision
                          A week on I've managed to +2 head and feet and we're currently in the process of building a few Sobek sets so, fingers crossed, should +2 legs at the weekend.

Head was very easy as we had a friend doing Ulhuadshi for H2H empyrean stage 2 so got 6 Coins of Vision in 3 kills (very fun to tank too).

Feet was a little more long-winded and involved building up a few Ruminator triggers and lots of solo Ovni kills. Won't be using that method again for RNG feet.

It's nice not to be geared like a 2009 reject any more.

Comment

much love for the extra shadow with the +2 nin feet

The emp love continues as I got this last night..

Now for another 50 lanterns...

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                              much love for the extra shadow with the +2 nin feet

The emp love continues as I got this last night..

Now for another 50 lanterns...
                              What's so good about that? It looks like **** to me. Can you upgrade it or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                What's so good about that? It looks like **** to me. Can you upgrade it or whatever?
                                Yup you certainly can, the next upgrade to it turns it into this

Which apart from the 90 upgrade is the best GS in the game, even beats out relic cause of the dmg on the WS.

This is the case with most of these emp weapons its the High Dmg + high dmg WS which makes them special.

Did my 1st bit of farmin yesterday for it 5/50 on lanterns
                                Last edited by djtickle; 08-07-2011, 07:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X