Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Torque it is then! My Thf shall finally have something decent in the necklace slot!

Cheers guys.

Comment

woop

mine!

Such a nice WS, high high dmg! Which is pretty amazing as VIT is its main mod lol.

I just gotta help berem finish his 85 GK tob then im ready for heart farmin! ^^

Comment

That's purdy - congrats!

Comment

Just been reading about having to link my FFXI account to my SE account and the whole thing is really confusing - what's this going to mean for people with an NA account based in the EU.

Secondly, I'm still being billed in dollars and have heard of a price hike for EUers still paying in dollars - any ideas how much extra it'll be?

Comment

No idea dara! Not looked into it yet.

More gear collecting....

21/50 skins to 85.

Tobal, im ready to start on 90 GK whenever you are now btw.
            Last edited by djtickle; 28-07-2011, 10:28.

Comment

I think these changes are pretty serious and warrant investigating - seems ALOT of US players are in an uproar over being forced to choose between using Crysta and Clicktobuy as the only possible methods of paying your monthly fee now. The prior apparently forces you to spend more than you need and the latter is a rather shady business by all accounts.

Secondly, for those of you who started out on a US account to be able to start the game earlier, are you still using a US account or have you switched? If so how as I suspect I'm going to have to as well.

Comment

Load of info here

Clicktobuy or w/e they are called are what we all used to setup our 14 accounts. They are kinda like a shady paypal.

It seems we will all by paying more none the less as they are changing to 30 day billing not monthly.

Comment

That page mentioned a region shift for US to EU POL accounts

Any more info on that anywhere? Sounds like something I'd need.

What's wrong with Clicktobuy then? Heard nothing but bad things said about it - I went with Crysta when setting up my XIV account just now.

Edit: Now that I think about it, when creating my XIV character, I had the option of importing my XI character name, which I did - does this mean I've already region shifted? Then again I only recently purchased the Abyssea pack from amazon US. I R confused
                  Last edited by Daragon; 28-07-2011, 12:15.

Comment

I appreciate it is confusing. This was my own particular timeline of events as a player who was originally on a US POL account (presumably the ssame for Tobal and any others who did the same).

1. Created a Square-Enix at the launch of the security token. This had to be a US S-E account to tie in with my US POL account as directed by S-E.

2. Just prior to the launch of FFXIV, S-E announce that people need to ensure that they have a S-E account appropriate for their own region and provided a one time option for people with "fake" US accounts to change them to a Europe one. This did not, in any way, affect any part of the US POL account. I continued to be billed in dollars and my registered address within POL Viewer continued to be my "fake" (actually my brother's) US residential address. But it did mean upon the launch of FFXIV I was able to purchase and register the UK version of the game on the same account (was important for getting a pair of Hermes' Sandals in game).

3. FFXIV launches and I decide (begrudgingly) to link it to a Click and Buy account to continue to pay monthly via credit card. Due to the widespread perceived failure of the launch of FFXIV, we have never been charged single monthly fee.

4. I complete the S-E account transfer that launched yesterday with my existing S-E account. During the process, it detects that I have US POL details and it states this will be converted to a Europe one during the process. The result of this is that I will now pay for my subscription in ? instead of $. It also said that in the event of any future disc based expansions being launched, I would have to purchase Europe versions, not US as I did previously.

It was all pretty painless really. I think the outcome is that I am going to be paying a little bit more per month (due to the conversion from $ to ?) but not enough to be concerned over.

---

As for XI, well I got bored again and not really played properly for 2 weeks now. I don't really know what I should be doing. Boss clears are non-existent so I'm stuck at 2 as a result of which I refused to pay out for Heroes of Abyssea. I actually think I got my equip up to a reasonable standard (I +2 the 3 empyrean armour pieces I could) and got the majority of drops I wanted without getting HoA and merits/EXP were capped ages ago.

Seemed like the only thing left to do was start trying Kannagi but well I got fed up of Briareus after getting 2 Helms. It does require a certain mindset to be willing to grind these weapons out and I just don't have it I don't think. Instead of thiniking "yes, I'm 2 drops closer to getting it" I just feel "meh, only 2 down and another 48 to go".

Maybe I'll come back in another couple of months and see how I feel then. It does seem that I'm best dealing with this game in short 3 month bursts every now and then.
                    Last edited by C'; 28-07-2011, 16:02.

Comment

I suspect that that process is what I've done but have forgotten about it.

As I say I've managed to register my XI character name onto my UK XIV and received the Hermes' Sandals. Now I just need to see what happens when I complete the account transfer.

Is it worth me switching from Crysta payment to clickandbuy? A lot of the anger surrounding the latter is that it's a pain in the arse to set up and customer service is generally poor.

Comment

/sigh why can I see a massive feck up coming....

Woke up this morning to no content ID.... Not done anything about it yet but will do all the transfers later. I better not get charged reactivation fee's.

I thought I had till the end of August, guess I should have read up on it better.

Comment

I've just been billed this month's fees - they better not pull this **** with me!

Comment

Billed via the old system?

Comment

I assume so yeah, there's been a ?7.50 charge earmarked on my card, only thing I can think of that I've spent that magnitude of cash on of late would be my fee.

The new system shouldn't be enforced until the end of the month anyway, not the start of it.

Comment

Looking at BG some people have been charged with the new system already.

Edit -

Okie, blah! As my Nooblet char was already linked with my SE account the transfer was all pretty easy, just logged into my SE account and clicked a button. Put my click and crap details back in all for it not to give me a content ID XD.

After about a hour of frustration trying to work out why I was getting a error trying to reactivate my char and looking up error 105 which didnt exist in SEs database it was because I had changed my bank card and not updated in click and buy lolz.

Im still pretty angry though that I never saw it published that I would just get cut off? The only date I ever read was 31st Aug.

All seems abit of a mess, some people being cut off, some people billed via old system and best of all some people being billed by both old and new system XD. Good Ol SE!
                                Last edited by djtickle; 03-08-2011, 07:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X