This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
    And yet it's only valued at 6m? Given the time investment needed, I'm surprised it doesn't sell for quite a bit more.

I remember during my fishing days it was only about 2m!
    They are going up 500k each sale atm ish, most people end up with ebisu's and sell them on. Dont think many are making new ones nowadays.

Just seen this on bg, im not short of a gil or 2 nowadays but still make me /cry

Yes are are talking about it in party chat lol
    Last edited by djtickle; 18-06-2012, 21:37.

Comment

So, what are we looking at here exactly. Half developed "new" zones?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
        So, what are we looking at here exactly. Half developed "new" zones?
        Not sure if they had it when you were around last but they now have a test server you can logon to and do pretty much what you want. Give your self max stats, weapons etc. With its client (it uses a different install folder to ffxi) it has a extra folder called ROM9 that the normal FFXI install doesnt have. So somebody has just used one of the ffxi viewers to see what was inside and they found these zones.

They were added to the test server about 2 updates ago, so looking at it we pretty sure they are new.

If its just something SE have had knocking about for ages? Is it a new expansion? Who knows, but I guess we will find out this weekend. Its all just rumor and hype at the moment.

As with them being half developed, SE update every month now so with the normal game we always see bits and unfinished stuff in the install files. They do it to keep the updates down, so kinda hoping this is what they are doing with the test server also! As you could imagine a new expansion with a new town etc could be around 800mb, so giving it to us in bits over time would make sense.

Not sure I could see SE doing a disk release now at this point with the game.
        Last edited by djtickle; 19-06-2012, 09:33.

Comment

It's worth noting that the main game, each expansion and add-on has its own ROM folder. SE clearly see an immediate long term future for the game, it makes sense to release a new expansion and the timing for its announcement couldn't be better.

Comment

This is actually something I disagree with (regarding the timing).

Regardless of your thoughts of XIV (I thought it was wrong for them to all but abandon XI in favour of XIV and could, and should, have had the ability to support both games at least in the short-term) S-E are pushing it really hard in the latter half of 2012 with the whole V2.0 thing.

Seems weird to me to announce a new expansion so close to your hyped relaunch of the other game. May be viewed by some as showing a lack of confidence in V2.0.

XI deserves a new expansion though, for the way it has held subscriber numbers steady over the past couple of years.

Comment

Double post.

Comment

I fail to see how they can't quite happily support both games with different teams. SOE do so with EQ and EQ2, the prior infact, for as many years as it's been going has a new expansion due (god knows what number it is) and it's F2P now as well.

If there's still a large, loyal fanbase happy to spend money on XI then SE have no leg to stand on, if competition can carry on supporting games with brand new, presumably fairly packed content.

Two games shouldn't be something to struggle with. XIV launched to a tirade of **** because it WAS **** and that could only be down to the team working on it, who happily admitted such by extending the free month by a year or so.

Now if XI's 10th anniversary isn't the best time to announce big plans for the game then when is? The 20th anniversary?

Comment

Both valid points, its 10th birthday does seem the right time to annonce something big for the game. But on the other hand why do something big and possibly harm 14s relaunch?

Replacement for Mog Bonanza here - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/24472

Its not bad but not great either, serious cut down in winners. Ill be very upset if I dont at least win a moogle suit!

Comment

Good god, blm spells are category 2 rewards?

Even less of a reason for me to carry on with my blm if I did come back. How hard must those be to obtain normally?

Comment

Good god, blm spells are category 2 rewards?

Even less of a reason for me to carry on with my blm if I did come back. How hard must those be to obtain normally?
                      They drop from Provenance Watcher the final VW boss.

No to easy to come by as hes the hardest boss so far apart from anything in Legion.

Seem to be in Bazzars for about 20mil each atm.

Comment

lololololololol.

Guess BLM really has been closed off to me then. 20m each is a bit much for a basic piece of kit, are the spells expected of even the worst, poorest characters?

Comment

lololololololol.

Guess BLM really has been closed off to me then. 20m each is a bit much for a basic piece of kit, are the spells expected of even the worst, poorest characters?
                          Nop they not expected at all, its just "nice" if your career blm or whm to have them.

Crazy thing about Meteor is that you can combine casting with other blms yet its so hard to obtain!

Teh POWER OF BLM!

Comment

Seekers of Adoulin

Last edited by C'; 22-06-2012, 07:10.

Comment

I told Rep I wasn't interested.

But I'm starting to GET HYPE!

So, who's staying up late tonight for the live stream?
                              Last edited by C'; 22-06-2012, 07:12.

Comment

Would have preferred a full-on expansion as opposed to another series, but hey-ho.

Might watch the stream tonight, will probably end up forgetting about it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X