Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd heard that! I'm in Selbina right now, next to the weatherman checking both Valkurm and Battalia. Unfortunately time is an issue, I want to start my level 1 job along with my friend who's just joined. Any idea just HOW rare it is for snow in Battalia Downs?

Comment

lol its very very rare, dont rely on it for getting the smn job in a hurry.

Comment

Can't be rarer than a f*&king Carbuncle Ruby... lol.

Comment

haha just add that to your list of bastard drops. there will be a few more.

There are things im dreading with the new chars me and buddy have on seraph, drop wise that is.

Comment

Haha yeah snow in batallia is RARE!

I've been playing since November and last week was the first time I'd seen it snow in that area and I was amazed.

Very pretty though, just don't expect to get it from there for SMN.

Comment

Sounds Like An Adventure

Comment

Does anyone think Seraph is over-populated? Personally I've never seen a notorious monster, just queues of people looking for one - makes me tempted to do this emigration thing...

Comment

From what I was told, Seraph is one of the most densely populated servers. However, the only problem I have with the server is that in comparison to many others it is more expensive especially with some of the more infamous in game items (e.g. Emporer?s Hairpin, Ochiudo?s Kote etc.)

I seriously wouldn?t recommend moving servers simply because of the number of people camping NMs. The fact of the matter is unless you specifically set out to hunt an NM you are highly unlikely to see it. The chances of accidentally bumping into one and getting the drop are slim. The majority of NMs are what are termed as ?lottery? pops. Whilst there is a rough time limit on when spawns occur, the NM can only spawn in the place of one of the regular mobs in a specific area.

Take Jaggedy-Eared Jack for example. Someone kills him at 12pm for example. After 1pm there is a chance he will spawn in the place of the regular Forest Hares in that area. However, if by some miracle, no one kills any of the ?placeholders? for 12 hours then Jack won?t spawn. That is why people camp these areas, they have to kill the monsters to make the NM spawn.

Rest assured, if you were to move server, there will be NM campers much to the same degree as on Seraph.

that being said, from the sounds of the announcement, in the event of multiple new worlds being created all people from Seraph will end up on the same new world. Therefore if RARGH! members feel a world shift is in order, I am willing to consider following too.
                  Last edited by C'; 22-09-2004, 14:57.

Comment

Talizker- I'm in San Oridio or whatever it's called. I'm on constantly at the moment if you can find your way there!

Comment

doesn't sound bad at all move servers, but we would lose a steady encomy(even if it is a overpriced one). I main worry would be lose items or characters data(i don't want to have to restart as lvl 1 again) as well as moving mules across.

Comment

Maybe we should just spread the word throughout Seraph and try and encourage everyone else to emigrate instead, lol

Comment

the price of NM items that are deemed valuable is pretty consistent througout the servers really... i thought that seraph would be better than ragnarok but hell a quick scan at jueno AH at the usual suspects ie lizzy boots, VE pin and there is little difference to write home about. Crafted items such as vermillion and the cursed sets are just as bad, makes you wonder if theres a mad consortium governing the prices

the BT of FFXI if you like lol.... oh wait ^^;

Comment

Originally posted by talizker
                            Siegeuk - which city are you in dude?

Mikewl - Are you going to be online tonight to [possibly?] sort me out a Link Pearl?

Also, a quick question if anyone can help - Is there any way [in game] to find out what Spell's do (before you use them!!!)?

Thanks
                            I wont be on tonight, but im sure there will be some others who could sort a pearl out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by siegeuk
                              Talizker- I'm in San Oridio or whatever it's called. I'm on constantly at the moment if you can find your way there!
                              Will need to do a little more leveling up before I can make the journey but hopefully we can meet up shortly for some fun

Comment

moving servers may not be as good as you may think. these are my reasons why i am staying put: (base on a new server created by SE)

1. a lot of my friends are in seraph and i am sure they will not move
                                2. high level crafters will have a virtual monolpoly, with so many items and craft items still not available in AH, them people can name their price
                                3. there may be lack of people to xp with
                                4. who are you going to sell your items if not many people are around?
                                5. risk of losing items, gil and stats during migration(just a hunch)

so i'll stay put ..

Comment

Working...
                                X