Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decembers update has come and its pretty dam good. Along with the play for free for short December campaign (which had brought berem back to see whats going on).

Tons of warps, 25% speed for everyone, overhaul for a kickass new mini quest system that can track 15 (of your choice) stats like total dmg, mob type, helm activities and reward points to get new starter gear or uprade item for existing old artifact armour.

Not touch the npc hero followers quests yet but some jp had single party of nagi, mihingo and ayami fighting for him.

Comment

Been a while since the last post with SE giving us an update every month. Generally more quality of life changes (more warps, menu changes, equipment locking), job and spell balances, new merit system, new achievement quests and the next step of High level battle fields (ZM bosses+ark angels) and adoulin getting missions, delve 2.0 and skirmish 3.0 which is an lot of content, so much I only touched half of it.

Only thing the game needs now is the promised enmity fix which will hopefully be here for april.. hard+ battles have side lined all the DD jobs apart from ranger which has the best hate management skills while still dishing out the damage with the added bonus of being outside some of the more painful aoe and cone attacks, which with every other job now able to output crazy damage which caps hate quickly giving any tank problems even without weaponskilling... and all of those high level fights dish the out the kind of damage and acc only a PLD can eat at the moment... it is doable with any tank+support+dd's and thf for hate management but it requires to much attention and good thf player for todays player to go 20/25 mins properly managing your damage output.

Comment

It's good to hear the game is still going strong. I quit again before Christmas due to having too much Wii U stuff to finish although I'll be back again probably after the summer. I'm just glad to have my character back as well as having him reasonably geared.

Me and my friends never did any story content which is why we'll be back on it at some point. I'm going to suggest the three of us clear ZM before taking another break, after which we start CoP.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
          25% speed for everyone
          Really? Wow! This is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Really? Wow! This is huge.
            Yep, but mobs also get this boost when chasing you. And warps to every where exist now making life easier. Diversity coming back to as il119 equipment seems to be where the adoulin content will stick to so we have 6 to 7 different equipment seta for all jobs with updated empyean yet to come

Probably the best changes are achievement quests which dish out exp and points called sparks to buy beginner leg up gear and npc trust system lets you call out 3 npcs to fight with you. . They even added flavour dialogue so the npc comment on each other if they knoq them, like cop's prishe(mnk/whm) and tenzen .

Comment

a new trend for XI monthly updates, video trailers!

Comment

Its really cool how XI is getting all these updates still even as the team has got smaller and 14 is available. They really must have perfected the development tech for 11 to get all this content out.

Watching the video made me feel like I really know nothing about 11 now as I didnt understand a damm thing lol.

I don't think I could ever go back to 11 after being spoiled by how easy it is to get into content in 14 now. Shame as I'm sure I had about 25mil Gil stat on my char which was going to be for an Apoc.

Comment

if think lessons learned from 14 have been taken to across 11 when it comes to new content, only thing missing is the duty finder so shouting or an LS is the way to do it still, but content now comes with either difficulty levels (easy to very difficult BCNM's), tier progression (skirmish), or tailers to the amount of people in a group (delve), everything comes with rewards points to get so even if you miss out on your drop in public shout, you can get a KI that allows you to buy it instead(with points).

Trailer is made up of new mission/area content (grey hair girl is the expansions heroine), trusts which is copies of npc's fighting with you, so you can have a team of Prishe(mnk), tenzen(sam) and Ulmia(brd), with unique attacks, A.I.(ten will sc solo, ulm will sing ballad for low mp, March for meleeing) and conversions. Rest is Mythic/Empy like weapons for RUN and GEO, Record quests (basically half achievement logger, half daily quest events for solo play), Job Points (the new merit system), new inventory space that can macro equip from so you effectively have 160 spaces for equipment.

Still a bunch more changes coming on Thursday patch that didn't make it in like adjustments to all magic ws (super weak atm due to iLvl) and all top level ws's which hopefully means adjusting aftermaths on relics cos they mostly sucked ass even before the move to 99, let alone adoulin content.

Relic are easy to do now (have Spharai maxed out, Ryu/Toxic has 6-7 relics now lol) and RNG's rule the roost while SE think about fixing enmity issues for high level content which can still be done with normal dd's its just you have actually think about your hate generation, how to shred it or pass it on(with a help of a thf) so most idiots will only take RNG's cos that's what easiest.

Comment

Logged in briefly earlier and the new Inventory is good, didn't see the new zones on the world map yet so maybe they are added tomorrow.
                    Last edited by mikewl; 14-05-2014, 22:13.

Comment

Tobal, is there some kind of superpower or weapon to take out the Ramparts (Trees, Demolishing etc)? It's taking me about 25mins to take them down, once in a while someone shows up and smashes them like they're nothing. Adoulin is a nightmare to navigate too

Could really use help with that fight in Raja Waterway behind the door near the end of chapter 2, even with 3 Trust npcs I'm getting pounded.
                      Last edited by Rep; 12-11-2014, 16:27.

Comment

I assume you lacking 117-119 weapon and 115+equip armour, that the key difference nowerdays. the only reives that require any attention on my monk are the newest zone gates, those VT mobs can hit pretty hard even with 3 trusts backing you up. You back on bismark?

Also mike get back on the final mission out and it got 7 awesome sauce rings to choose from. They've also done something call unity(NM hunting system+something very similar to free companies from 14) and ingame linkshell recruitment, the current log in rewards give you 3 chances at getting any random item in the game (that isn't 119 armour/weapons), got myself PW key to us eup.

Comment

Thanks again for the help last night Tobal, rocking double 117 Daggers now, the jump from pre Adoulin gear to now is completely insane, a 90 DMG dagger with +203 Dagger and Parry is just nuts. "Wait till next game day" how is still a thing though

Comment

Getting it updated now, so these are the last adoulin missions there will be? As long as there are no difficulty spikes we should be able to clear it ok.

Comment

On the mission with the Golem and two Gargoul. if anyone free to help.

Comment

Have managed to catch up with you guys and am ready for the battle in Rala Waterways at the end of Chapter 4 (4-32). Also have a full Kirin pop set.

Comment

Working...
                                X