Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, download only for pc(200mb), 360 us and pal get a disc. Still waiting on it to register within the game to give it ago but looking at the new teal/pearl type gear it comes with like abyssea, newbies get a leg up for sure.

Karieyh
    Head STR16 DEX16 Acc10 Haste6
    Body STR18 DEX18 Atk25 DA2
    Hands DEX14 VIT14 Acc10 Haste4
    Legs MP65 STR16 VIT16 Atk20
    Feet STR11 DEX11 VIT11 Acc10, attk+10, store TP + 5

Thurandaut
    Head STR13 DEX13 Acc10 DW+
    Body STR17 AGI17 Atk15 Haste5
    Hands DEX14 AGI14 Acc10 Haste3
    Legs AGI17 Racc17 Enmity-5
    Feet VIT14 MND14 PDT-3% Haste+3

Orvail
    Head MND14 CHR14 Macc8 hMP4
    Body INT18 MND18 CHR18 Enmity-5 Refresh
    Hands INT15 CHR15 Macc5 Enmity-4
    Legs INT15 Macc6 Fast Cast+
    Feet MND14 Macc8 Enmity-5

and some very high DMG weapons on par with 99 ERM's or higher (but without the whizbang they provide)

and by the looks of the graphics it almost like it came out of FF:tactics.

Comment

That gear comes with the expansion?

Comment

FFXI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition Coming Soon to Steam (03/26/2013)
        As we approach the release of FFXI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition, we wanted to provide an update to our customers in regards to product availability on Steam. We are working at full speed to ensure that we get FFXI: UCSE available on the Steam store as soon as possible for those of you that prefer to purchase games from Steam. However, knowing that there is a possibility that the Steam version will not be available for purchase on launch, we wanted to alert you as soon as we could.

We apologize for this inconvenience and will be sure to provide you with an update on the progress of the release of FFXI: UCSE on Steam very soon!

Though not sure if the expansion itself will be available separately by itself.

I'm gonna hold off for now, don't really want to sign up to a new shop just for one thing, so I'll wait for the steam version.
        Last edited by mikewl; 27-03-2013, 14:38.

Comment

Originally posted by apathy87 View Post
          That gear comes with the expansion?
          Naa its just the starter gear to work towards from getting points in quests/events, Toau had those Assault Sets(which then got replaced by Nyzul, Odin then salvage), Wotg got campaign sets from doing campaign, Abyssea have crour sets called Teal,Pearl,Aurole. Voidwalker which was patched in for free had load of sets.

Comment

Well for those having problems getting the patch down,

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

just copy and paste over whats in the ffxi folder, then it'll check whats in there when you next load it up.

Windower is knackered to, so you probably want to move to windower4(which you should anyway), w3 fixes will eventually come.

- still needed to download 23 files, but it went from 6 hrs down to 8 mins .
            Last edited by Tobal; 27-03-2013, 22:50.

Comment

Well from my brief time with adoulin so far, it seems alright. They've basically redone campaign and turned what was campaign ops in to something more like the leives in ff14, going as far as to call them Reives... anyway it pretty chocker block around adoulin so far, fixes need to come in for some of the reives(later today by the looks of it) and the city istelf is massive.

Completing Reives and Lair/Skirmish(basically campaign battle) get you points to buy maps, upgrade to the new signet and the new equipment, so you always got something to work towards so far.

Opened but not tried to need jobs yet, seen a few 99's already with a day lol.

Comment

I'm back in FFXI, still never made it to high level - at the moment the limit breaks are killing the fun for me.
                Finally levelled to 57 at lunchtime today.

Comment

Got pissed off with this the other day lol, trying to do the lvl 50 limit break for my NPC, gathering items unavailable on the AH and being blocked from that tavern which only lets certain classes in at a time in Jeuno to get to the vendors. I've been soloing most of it and am nearing the Maat encounter but I cant upgrade much gear due to things being out of stock on the AH. Other than that though It's been good going back to it, I think it makes me appreciate FFXIV 1.0 more though as its compromises were mostly good ones, shorter travel times, easier to get about but still challenging end game content, but the core of XI is still great.

Comment

How easy is it to solo these days? I've not played since Wings of the Goddess. I've bought Adoulin from amazon.com I've also got the Xbox 360 disk coming from amazon.co.uk I don't need the disk just key so if anyone is after a Adoulin uk key let me know it's never going to be used. Not looking for anything for it.

Comment

Its quite time consuming to solo but very doable, basically just a case of finding a Field of Valor book which has easy prey mobs and repeating until they become too weak, then move onto the next one. Once you repeat the same book so many times the exp reward goes up, Its fairly easy and handy to bring your npc out to speed it up a bit.

I know myself and Toxicforce both will be after a Adoulin Key at some point, but myself I'm too far off being able to get there to take a free key for it, but I think Tox is near enough ready.

Comment

if your using windower, turn on fillmode so you can target inside the shop, then turn it off again , or ask one of use to go in. And to be fair although the caps are ****, it was never soloable until recent years (though the final cap does require some prep work and mates to clear).

The travel aspect has greatly improved, the problem is its alot of work to start it up.

outpost warps, teleport warps that have always been there
                        Exp Books offering warps back home so you can get to those outpost warps.
                        occasional free outpost warps and free warps to national cities
                        Abyssea warps for 200crour, requires having visited the abyssea area once, opens 9 warps
                        Voidwatcher, opens warps to almost everywhere but requires work to beat bosses for the expanded list but the beginner ones open city warps for no work.
                        Geo warps - loads of them if your willing to put the leg work to get there 1st time and adoulin is totally packed with them.

Think im gonna level geo up this weekend as an alt for RDM, hopefully the gusgen grind won't be to packed now most have leveled run/geo to 50 and beyond.

Comment

You should keep your key, Adoulin has so far been about solo play but then i haven't ventured to far in depths yet where the major NM bosses are which will certainly need party.

As for soloable, i assume your 75 at the time of WotG and probably have dancer leveled to some degree.. then i would say very, Abyssea would be open to you and the level caps from 80 onwards are all cutscenes that require you spend merits apart from the last one.

Comment

I got a PLD up to 75, I stopped playing not long after WotG came out. The Adoulin key is a spare, I purchased the PC version from amazon.com and then the 360 from amazon.co.uk just for the disk. I've used the key for the PC version.

Comment

hey chaps

A while ago, maybe a year + i switched from carbuncle to ... er whatever the server was with you chaps, "istian" was my character name and i def played with a few people from the forums, however i totally forget who it was, and i have no PM's of it either.

Im tempted to boot up the game again sometime, but would like to get back in touch with people from the forums still playing.
                              Is it still very much abyssea power leveling focuses?

cheers

Comment

It's all just gone weird again in Vana'diel. The new expansion is apparently nails. Abyssea is mainly used to get people from 30-99. Voidwatch - I haven't even had a go of that yet.

There's lots to do and I'm still playing - only just came back though. I'm not 66SMN or 61RDM - prepping for my Maat fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X