Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually now I think about it, reinstalling Xi is always an utter nightmare with the POL patching which for some reason runs at 5kbs and takes about 5days, then fails at 85%

Comment

Well even if it fails, after a another recheck it'll only get what i needs but then if your onthe PC try this

its what use even i've done a fresh install, i just stick the original cd's in then copy/paste over it.

Not since you around yet invisiblekid, tickle had the forsight before he buggered off again to make me a sack holder so i can give you a pearl to the shell tox/mike/me hang out in.

As for adoulin, im enjoying it as for the solo player, the standard mobs are all Tough+, but if you gear decently for some defense and have dnc sub you can easily solo tough mobs now. There are plently of quests to go through atm, Reives are the new open battles for everyone that require skill to stay alive, and reive tags act like assaults from Toau which get your points to spend and help open up server wide options from the npc (i've been working mainly for the scouts to open up more maps to buy). Not been able to get into a Skirmish yet, the community is still discovering the best ways to get in and what do once your in other then get stomped by the naakuals bosses (theory is the damage is connected the overall colonization rate, which atm require a server wide effort to get the % up).

Other than that i've been taking healing into VW after getting very low on entry items to get in to VW fights on tobal, to get me some heavy metal plates, down to 200 needed now though after seeing the stats on the skirmish weapons and the potential augments make the legendary weapons look abit **** for the time/gil involved getting them.
      Last edited by Tobal; 08-04-2013, 23:14.

Comment

Well i cant get my ****ing account back, i forgot the password, and since i imported the game from teh usa, all my account information, address etc is all duff, so the support people cant help me since i cant answer any questions as i dont recall what bull**** id of wrote in when registering lol

apparently i didnt even write in my real name....so im there trying to guess what id of put....10 freaking years ago and none of the support people cut me a break...assholes

Comment

Can't help you there, i made sure to write all my codes in the manual, saved me a bunch of times that

Its not hard to start from scratch nowerdays.

Comment

Still got to get the US download, so what do I have to do?

Comment

i made amazon us account, daragon i thin use he normal ukone with a US billnig address, buy then download, code is emailed and gotten from the installer.

Comment

That's right yeah. Just find a US address and log in to amazon.com with your .co.uk account. Add the US address to the address book and check out with that address. Just be sure to pick an address from a tax free area or you'll pay more for it.

Comment

Well **** me ragged finally got seekers downloaded, now where the **** do I add the key. I'm tired and it's late for me, anyone got any instructions - load of cock again from SE.

Comment

i had the same problem, they've moved it all on to SE account

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                    I can't figure out how the register the codes... they've moved it off POL and claim its on SE acc's but i can't find it on there either.. ****ing hell se..

nevermind, figured it out... was under select a service at the very start... thought you had to select the account first and at it from there... works the other way round - code then account.

Comment

Got it - well that was super intuitive, I like the way the button is labelled Add a Service Account rather than add a service to an account. I do wonder sometimes if SE actually understand what usability is - hoping the FFXIV UI has been fixed by someone with a passing acquaintance to UI design. Any idea why I can't use enter on this site it's really odd...

Comment

Just updating now, I miss when updating meant logging into a camp - not been to Dragons Aerie for so long...

Weird I can cut and paste carriage returns but won't take them from the keyboard, wonder if it's IE 10. Yes it is works on my work laptop!

The small one that kept me up half of last night, I never even used to game at 3am - now the regular game is make the small screaming one happy, trouble is the level up music wakes her up again...
                        Last edited by Tsingtao; 17-04-2013, 07:03.

Comment

Finally back on, anyone have a linkshell as it looks like mine repearled...

Comment

Tobal should be able to pearl you.

Had a look round Adoulin last night, still a little low to do much there but there are some exploration type leves I've tried, what I do like is the teleport system for this, also the general theme of the place seems good.

Making progress though, me and Tox been lvling on Leeches in Bostaunieux Oubliette, managed to get to lvl 88 so far.

Comment

Tobal, do you know regarding the 50 rieve things you need to do, if you spend 3 points on one does that count as 1 or 3 towards the 50?

Comment

50 reive thing, amount of tags spent i reckon... will have to check that myself. Probably be late on tomorrow, about 7ish if you want a pearl.

overview for returners..
                                if you spent more than 1 tag on a reive you get more bayld in return, 1 tag for the mummers reive "retrieve" (find a moving lost article in a certain area) get you 1500b's for 1 tag while 3 tags gets 3800b's, it worth more to do 1 tags but then if the reive is pain inthe ass and you don't have much time, slapping 3 tags on it for a greater return makes sense.

the gameplay system from what i can make of it works like this

Town / Mission quests - get exp, bayld, 4 vitial quests give 4 key items to help do damage to Colonization Reive (logging/watercrafting/demolishing/unity reive)

Colonization - a % of the overall effort by the server via reives to setup npcs for more town and field options, more reive quest types, new weapons/armour to buy, more warp points, front line bases and improve adoulin version of signet "ionis"

Colonization Reive - looks like gauntlet mob spawner and acts like one, mobs spawn, you attack movs or the logs/rocks that are in the way. Respawn every hour, once downed they allow save passage (like knocking a tree down to cross a river)

Lair Reive - like colonization reive but only has 1 point to a attack, quicker to do, respawns faster and doesn't block the way in to certain parts of the field.

Wildskeeper Reive - are the big boss battles, there strenghts rely's on the Colonization % in their area, need the use 50 tags up to get the KI options to buy into the fight.

Skirmish - acts like a random dungeon, with random kill mob tasks. Getting in requires 3 statue items (head/body/feet) put together from doing reives, opening pyre's (adoulin random chests replacements) and HELM activities. Currently drops the super high damage weapons and the stone items to augment them with even more damage that shames the current line of R/M/E's.

Comment

Working...
                                X