Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They 're in Castle Zvahl in the past, they're basically static posts you put on the lowest damage gear you can and whack away.

Comment

Wow, looks SE really knows really know how to piss off the last of it loyal base.. the total scrubbing of Relic's/Mythics and Empy's and now admitting they have no idea how to fix it outside of a basic plan of giving the owner the weaponskills of which maybe 5ws's mostly empy crit based are useful next to the free merit ws.

FFxi main appeal was having a ultimate goal of getting REM, with them always being at the top you got attached to that equipment.. it was never going anywhere and involved a lot of time to get them, to take all that away and turn the game in wow style full gear progression is just not right for the kind of game 11 is... seems to have already taken effect on the current content people can't be arsed to so it, the current walls of progression in adoulin at the moment are to high for average joe/new staters and require relentless grinding, so the VW style shout for public parties rare and progression for all but the hardcore is down the plan.

I think they might actually kill the game off now.

Comment

Even since Adoulin came out I must admit ive been tempted, I almost cracked when dara posted a cheap link to it. After reading that, I think I the twitch has gone. As i've said many times before FF11 Gear Collection doesn't appeal.

Comment

About to take part in delve, seems like current top end gear isn't strong enough so fights are fought like sky 2007, all melee on thf subs and acc food....

By the looks of it the barrier to entry as bad as thought if you don't mind waiting to build up points. Seems only 1 person needs the Key items enter and everyone else follows them in, you get plasm points, augment stones and direct drops(not personal loot). Plasm can be used by players to buy the direct drops which will let public parties function.. and 30,000 of them nets you the 1st range of high damage weapons like 192 DMG GTK, but you need to have beaten the boss to get its KI to open the loot pool to buy with plasm.

I guess this lets the returners and new players get a good footing in the game now, but it'll take some work to get the points.

Comment

What have they done not sure I get this, they killed all the empy, mythics and relics? I have to admit that was a huge bar to me playing as all my DD jobs were pointless as didn't have one. What's the deal now dungeon bash for gear?

Comment

REM's are officially dead.. and it s kick in the nuts for those still making one, specially the empy path is the piss poor drop rates on now outdated equipment(next to delve) and upgrade items which was the thing keeping VW going and shouts where already rare and i don't think they'll have the time fix that in the way dynamis was fixed(though all it would take would be making HMP/cinders 50+% drop rate to fix this ****, and up the pulse gear to 20-50%)

I think they've messed the balance up myself... and they kinder admitted that in today dev notes.

From the 2 fights i did against the turtle NM, it kept changing damage modes, it would either be melee or magic double or triple damage which doesn't matter when they have HP in the ****ing MILLIONS, but no clue on what causes the damage changes, is it how much you do?/every tp move it does?/set times?... they left zero clues for figuring out the mobs so at the moment(like weakness "!!") most people are getting through with 2/3hr fights mainly down to the monster raging after 20mins (in which with the current gear and unknown mob mechanics only 1 to 2 monsters can be zerged down in 20mins) where they gain so much eva and resistance to magic you can't win unless you slowly sata them down like the old days or cheat with quick draws and masa's(pulse GTK that does no-elemental ws's). Anyway, we gave up on both tries after 3hrs... we got it down to 70%

the dev's said they wanted the playerbase to upgrade equipment from wildskeeper to skirmish to early delve equipment, but for the vast majority the gaps are just to big as skirmish is no better than REM's and the grinding is to much to get into wildskeeper, the entry for skirmish is terrible(they admit this to)... but with the delve equipment vastly out gunning wildskeeper and skirmish, no ones doing it, just delve shouts if you have time to waste 2/3 hrs zombie sata's or quick drawing... it just a big pile of dog****. How they'll make this all work going forward I don't know, if you miss the boat in the next month for getting the KI's from the boss fights you won't have the equipment to take them on, and with none willing do WK or skirmish anymore, and the colo rate dropping it makes them impossible to do as well(as can been seen already with people abandoning reive ops for delve)
              Last edited by Tobal; 03-05-2013, 00:20.

Comment

R/M/E getting buffed, you can come back now Tobal so we can do M.Burrows.

松井です。 レリック、ミシック、エンピリアンおよび、コイン武器(以下、RMEC)に 関するたくさんのご意見ありがとうございます。 大変参考になりました。 皆さんのご意見を拝見していて、 それぞれの武器に紐づく専用ウェポンスキルを解放するなどのフォローよりは、 RMEの打ち直しを行った方が効果的だと考えました。 (コイン武器については、後述しますが専用ウェポンスキルの解放と絡めていきます。)

Comment

well the 99 versions are anyway, unless they fix how we go about getting 95to99 items... VW ground to halt, maybe this will get the shouts going again.

Im just not enjoying this anymore, as aplayer that doesn't do hardcore LS **** anymore im just left cold to it all, I don't want to try grind content few are doing to get aleg up when doing delve which in EU time at least has become just plasm grind shouts with no boss runs so a lot of people are already left out in the cold.

if you wanna have crack a burrows im up for that, it at least something different and we can make serious gil of the mega boss drops(or make half way decent delve'ish weapons, the crafting item of bosses seem to mostly used in the crafting items)

Comment

Who was that PLD with the Relic on Seraph way back in 2007? I remember me and Rare saw him once at a portal during a grassy hill climb when we were doing some 3-man CoP run.

Comment

Not sure really what the deal is with relics now, but back then it must have been quite rare to see people with them completed.

Last night we tried to do some Adoulin stuff and gave up in the end due to too many hurdles to even get to where we needed to go, not sure if its SE just trying to slow down peoples progress early on but they need to rethink things, some places you just cannot get to unless you have an alliance, for which then the content your trying to do is for 6 people.

Comment

I actually thought I have a pretty good memory for random bits of information like that, but I honestly cannot remember the event Dave is talking about.

All his post got me doing was reminiscing over 2006-mid 2007 era FFXI when the game was actually really good.

Comment

It was a CoP area where we were climbing up numerous (three or four?) floating grass islands. There was a NM boss at the end which dropped some stuff you were after. It was only a three-man thing, and you always had problems finding people for it. THat's all I remember!

Comment

I remember that place, whatever it was called. You fought Bahamut up there.

Comment

Sounds like the ENM's in Riverne Site #A01/B01, Bugard in the Sky, Bad Seed, there's a few others I don't remember the name of.

Comment

Yeah sounds like Riverne when Meric and me used to do Bugard in the Sky. Those areas were 40/50 capped though back then so I don't know how we would have seen a relic shield in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X