No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a quick read through, we MAY NOT POST OR PUBLISH IN ANY WAY OUR EXPERIENCE IN THE BETA TEST OR OUR OPINION OF THE NON-RETAIL VERSION OF FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE.

Haven't managed to finish the download yet. It was flying along this morning, but I had to stop it when I came to work.

Comment

SE did a pretty good job of enforcing the Alpha NDA, most people had been removed from the Beta by about day 2. We didn't even talk about it in game (XI) though fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
        Just had a quick read through, we MAY NOT POST OR PUBLISH IN ANY WAY OUR EXPERIENCE IN THE BETA TEST OR OUR OPINION OF THE NON-RETAIL VERSION OF FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE.

Haven't managed to finish the download yet. It was flying along this morning, but I had to stop it when I came to work.
        omg Downloading is part of the experience!

*Tells Square-enix*

Comment

I finished my Beta download last night, as far as NDA goes I would say they likely won't be as bothered now its in Beta, I could see why they didn't want Alpha content leaked everywhere as it had some significant parts that were not finished.

Comment

I'm getting frustrated, as I really want to try out the beta, but still haven't got an invite.
            I filled in on the site and from registering FFXIII on PS3.

I guess they saw my laptop specs and laughed. Now that I have a new PC on the way, should I retry, or just leave it

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
              I'm getting frustrated, as I really want to try out the beta, but still haven't got an invite.
              I filled in on the site and from registering FFXIII on PS3.

I guess they saw my laptop specs and laughed. Now that I have a new PC on the way, should I retry, or just leave it
              I'm not sure whether they take peoples specs into account or not, there are lots of people on the Beta forum who have pc's below the minimum spec but they still got an invite.

Comment

Worthwhile applying again when you have your new PC built I'd say, filling in the new specs. You never know.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it says u forfeit ur PC beta application when u register for the PS3 one.

I'm wondering when the PS3 version will go into beta...

Comment

Tanaka : The alpha test was very useful, it helped us to test the stability of the servers and we were able to adapt in the meantime. But in fact, we will have several phases of beta testing. In the first phase, we have a version that will incorporate feedback from our alpha testers who will, hopefully available this week. At first, it will resemble the alpha test phase, in the sense that each test session lasted four hours.

But if things go well, the beta 2 will follow shortly, which will allow players to access the game 24 hours 24. Then, hopefully, by early August, we will open the beta test phase 3 which will remain operational until the game launches

JeuxOnLine: It will be open?

Tanaka: No, closed.

JeuxOnLine: There will be no open beta?

Tanaka: After Phase 3 of the beta, we have an open beta will be available just before the release of the game, but we can not guarantee this last phase opened.

Comment

Open Betas are just glorified demos.

Sometimes they're legitimately used as stress tests but not often.

Comment

Beta Test Start Date: Saturday, July 10, 2010

Comment

Fingers crossed it will be downloaded by then...

I actually hit a new low of sustained 0.0 kb/s last night at around 82%.

Comment

Yeah mine's done now, finally. It's like the alpha at first though, so only allowed times:

Tue/Thu/Sat @ 19:00 > 23:00 BST

So next Tuesday before we can actually play. Do we have some means of meeting up in-game as a group?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                              http://download.nvidia.com/downloads...VBenchmark.zip

Benchmark tool. Going to run it when I get home tonight.
                              What is this supposed to do? For a total PC gaming n00b.

I ran it, the screen stayed black for ages and then I got a score of 264, which I assume is bad, looking at other people's results. How can my PC possibly be that ****e?

No FFXIV for me.

Comment

It should run the opening cinematic from the game, and have a performance graph that will show you the framerate that the game is running at. When it has run its course it'll give you a score - apparently anything less than 2000 is bad, though people on GAF are (rightly I would think) saying that if you think it looks playable then the score should be relatively meaningless.

None of that helps you though! I'm going to suggest the same as I did for Elaniel - make sure all drivers are up to date etc. There are some recommended specs for the beta but I'm not sure I'm allowed to post them.

Comment

Working...
                                X