No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a look at the beta specs on the official website and they looked OK, well, I just met them.

Tried Windows Update to find updates for drivers but it didn't find owt, not sure what to do beyond that.

Probably for the best, really, the game comes out right at the start of the second year of uni

Comment

I just remembered, when I registered FFXIII on the Square Enix Members site, I applied for the PS3 beta using the code. Guess I won't be getting into the PC one. Oh well...

Comment

Are they exclusive then? I hope not, because I still expect to play more of this on the PS3 than the PC.

Comment

I'm sure when I used the code it asked which I wanted to apply for, as I had no intention of playing on PC (then they delayed PS3 version) I chose PS3.

Oh well.

Comment

I didn't do mine through FFXIII, I just registered on the site. Picked PC because that's the only one they were really talking about at the time, hopefully there will be some crossover.
            Last edited by Number45; 09-07-2010, 07:05.

Comment

There is a new patch update for the Beta, not sure how big it is.

Comment

Just over 40MB all in.

Comment

Im struggling to download it, pathetic d/l speed and only 1 remote connection.

Comment

I must have got in early enough before it got busy, it all came down in a few minutes for me. I'm not sure if I launch the client whether it'll share or whether it stops when you're not downloading yourself?

Comment

I think once you've downloaded you can't seed.

Comment

Well I've got my new PC, and I ended up having to go for the Dell sadly (it was all I could afford.)

The benchmark played near perfectly (there was one jump), however it only gave me a score of 690.

Now, could it be just the score is screwy, as the video did play great.

Comment

Very strange score, if the benchmark ran well then I would just put it down to some odd bug or something in the benchmark, maybe you could try getting newer gfx card drivers, also maybe run some other benchmark software and see if they behave strange.

I use a HD3800 card and score around 2900, I would have thought a 5400 would be hitting near enough 4000 on the benchmark.

Comment

Any recommendations on other benchmarks I can check out?
                            I've upgraded the graphics card drivers (or at least I think I did correctly).
                            My PC-whiz buddy said he thought it ran pretty damned well (except a bit of juttering at the beginning) but the boat scene played almost perfectly.

EDIT: Well I went into device manager and updated drivers there, and now the benchmark crashes straight away, I've rolled back and it works fine again.
                            Any advice? I already have directx 11 and ati catalyst 10.6
                            Last edited by elaniel; 10-07-2010, 09:39.

Comment

To be honest, that's probably around what I'd expect from that graphics card. It's not a good gaming card. Even overclocked (dangerous given it's probably passively cooled) I can't see that card getting reasonable frame rates.

Here are the benchmarks for it: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=7

It's *possible* you may be able to change it for a card that would give playable frame rates for about £50 but it's entirely dependent on the PSU. 300W and you've some options. 225W and you're probably stuck.

However it would probably void your warrenty.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                                Any recommendations on other benchmarks I can check out?
                                I've upgraded the graphics card drivers (or at least I think I did correctly).
                                My PC-whiz buddy said he thought it ran pretty damned well (except a bit of juttering at the beginning) but the boat scene played almost perfectly.

EDIT: Well I went into device manager and updated drivers there, and now the benchmark crashes straight away, I've rolled back and it works fine again.
                                Any advice? I already have directx 11 and ati catalyst 10.6
                                3DMark is probably the best benchmark software, there may be others though.

Do you have a link to the pc you bought, it may be you could swap the graphics card, like smurf says it would depend on a few things, your case and psu but its worth a look.

Comment

Working...
                                X