No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except the only thing I'm dropping is the max resolution of 1920, I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. It's clear from your comments you haven't actually seen the benchmark running at 2500 score on 1080P. It is exactly that, a benchmark it'll push more then game will most of the time anyway.

EDIT: I've just looked at those Official scores on the website, they're not a true reflection at all.
    Last edited by Rep; 23-07-2010, 16:51.

Comment

I haven't even seen the benchmark running at all as my system probably wouldn't even manage that let alone the game, which is the reason for my comments. If the benchmark scoring system is grossly inaccurate then I apologise for my ranting, but to me it would have made alot more sense if SE focused more on getting both systems running at optimum before rushing out the PC version just so that they can claim to still meet their 2010 release window.

Comment

A PC with a score of 8000+ would probably be powered by the sun.

Comment

I must admit, I do remember the XI benchmarks being somewhat unfairly put together. Not sure I particularly recall occasions where thousands of huge airships flew across the sky in any given situation, or several hundred chocobos on the screen at once.

These things really need to represent accurate in-game situations, not the fantastical imaginings of an overzealous developer.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            I must admit, I do remember the XI benchmarks being somewhat unfairly put together. Not sure I particularly recall occasions where thousands of huge airships flew across the sky in any given situation, or several hundred chocobos on the screen at once.

These things really need to represent accurate in-game situations, not the fantastical imaginings of an overzealous developer.
            I would say the benchmark for FFXIV is the other way round, its a cutscene straight from the game, but I find during actual real gameplay the framerate is worse, maybe partly because the benchmark is not capped at 30fps like the actual beta of the game.

Comment

Ok, those of you with the beta what server are you playing on? Making my character now so may as well be on the same server.

My XI heritage means I'm tempted to join Shadowlord. Plus I imagine we'll avoid most of the morons if we don't choose Sephiroth

Comment

I ended up on something like Ultimat.... something, but I want to make a new character soon anyway, let us know where you end up.

Comment

I spent a bit of time on this last night, im starting to get to grips with it now, also noticed an improvement in performance, it was running quite smooth last night.

Comment

did you guys download from somewhere else other than the office downloader? mine just keeps timing out and restarting

Comment

My benchmark score was 278. I also do not have a PS3. Damn.

Comment

What's your system?

Comment

Well it is just a laptop. 2.2 AMD thing. Not a gaming machine, just tried it for the laugh really.

Comment

Im having a hard time beleiving my benchmark score, it was in the low 1000's but the video run really really smooth. Maybe ill update drivers see if it makes a difference. I find it hard to beleive it wont run on a 1gb Nvidia Graphics, 6gb RAM machine.

Comment

How's your processor speed? Probably won't make too much difference but if you have a bottleneck then it can drag everything else down with it.

Comment

Quad Intel 2.40ghz.

Meh will just see when it arrives.

Just out of interest what score are people getting who are playing the Beta, is anyone playing with a low score? Rare didnt you say your PC wasn't all that great?

Guess i dont mind if I can play on a low setting till PS3 Version comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X