No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can only start at Lamsa Lominsa I think.

I presumed when Dj talked about soloing he meant more along the lines of general EXP grinding and quests etc, not soloing HNMs and the like.

Comment

One thing i've noticed is that SE have accommodated partying from the very beginning, its been mega hectic in the starting camps and once you hit about physical level 5 there are no more guideleves available, everyone is grinding off the starting area, but most are soloing and fighting for every mob spawn, yet all the while there are tough/very tough mobs roaming all around being left untouched, early on it looks like partying is the way to go and avoid the solo crowds.

Also, have been playing as a Gladiator with sword and shield, its interesting as now you actually have skills to use for the shield, so you can go into a defensive stance, block until your stamina is high and unload a few attacks, then shield and repeat, it feels more hands on than FFXI and its growing on me, I like the battle system more each time I play it.
      Last edited by mikewl; 28-07-2010, 16:00.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
        I'm on Shadowlord.
        I'm gonna make a new character on my next session, will try and get on Shadowlord, would be nice to test out some parties during the beta.

I've tried messing with Battle Regimen which is the new skill chain system but not got the hang of it yet.

Comment

Im guessing with this game you NEED to play it with a control pad on the pc? Ive tried playing with a keyboard and mouse and the camera movement is terrible.

Does this become better with a pad?

Comment

Update process is a nightmare, been stuck at 61% for 2hours, getting 800byte DL rate Trying a different client doesn't help either.

Comment

Heh, now you know why it took me 2 evenings to download.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                Im guessing with this game you NEED to play it with a control pad on the pc? Ive tried playing with a keyboard and mouse and the camera movement is terrible.
                It HAS to. I've tried it with keyboard/mouse and it's bordering on unplayable.

Comment

I just use keyboard only personally, which is particularly easy for me seeing as most of the main controls appear to be the same as FFXI... I used IJKL for camera the whole time I played that, so felt right at home when starting XIV.

Comment

FFXI was quite unique for an MMO in that it was originally designed for controller, and FFXIV is largely the same. But there's no reason why you can't use a keyboard, it's not as if the game requires as quick reflexes as some games. That said, I use a 360 controller for both games.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                      It HAS to. I've tried it with keyboard/mouse and it's bordering on unplayable.
                      Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                      I just use keyboard only personally, which is particularly easy for me seeing as most of the main controls appear to be the same as FFXI... I used IJKL for camera the whole time I played that, so felt right at home when starting XIV.
                      Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                      FFXI was quite unique for an MMO in that it was originally designed for controller, and FFXIV is largely the same. But there's no reason why you can't use a keyboard, it's not as if the game requires as quick reflexes as some games. That said, I use a 360 controller for both games.

Which world are you guys currently on? As I'm sure you're aware the majority (or what's left of us) all played on Seraph for FFXI. It would be good if everyone from Ntsc played on the same server this time around.

Comment

I'm on Shadowlord for this currently. For FFXI, I was on Titan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                          I'm on Shadowlord for this currently. For FFXI, I was on Titan.
                          I made a new character on Shadowlord last night.

Comment

Good to hear there's a few of us on Shadowlord, once I get my head around the systems and assuming there's some group content on there, I'll get something organised.

Comment

Is anyone able to explain how the 2 Discipline of Magic jobs work and how they are different to each other? Doesn't seem as simple as one is healing/support and the other is nukes/debuffs.

I chose Conjurer as my starting class and immediately assumed it was this game's "Black Mage" as I had access to the standard set of elemental magic spells (Fire, Blizzard etc.) However upon hitting rank 4 I got a Cure spell so my original assumption was clearly thrown.

With how your abilities are setup, limiting how many can be set via Action Points, I'm wondering if Conjurer is able to operate as either a White or Black Mage and you have to choose whether to spec it for one or the other dependant on the spells you choose. With a "Red Mage" type setup also possible if you sacrifice the very highest tiers of spells for a mix of support/offense.

But where does Thaumaturge fit in?

Comment

Confused as well, in fact, I recall asking asking you "Where's the WHM/Healer?" as I'm not sure the class I've picked it is. From my spells It's more of a RDM (Def down, Magic def down etc).

I'm enjoying it, when it doesn't crash every 35 seconds. The instanced areas are a good idea and it feels more laid back then XI. Currently on the Lalafeel Fisherman's guide quest.

Comment

Working...
                                X