No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not gotten my head round all the classes yet but one thing I noticed when partying with a Thaumaturge was that its healing abilities were AOE as well as things like stoneskin, i'm not sure if thats different to the other mage class.

So far i've done a bit with Gladiator and Marauder, Gladiator looks like its probably a tank job, Marauder is like Warrior with a G.Axe in FFXI, I haven't found out where to buy the weapons for the Mage classes yet but once I do I will test them out, I do like the way changing job is done just by equipping the appropriate weapon type.

Oh my character name is Hensley Alvarez on Shadowlord, if you see me say hello, i'm a big Galka with green skin.

I saw someone called Raredash Hero the other night, I thought maybe that's you Rare?

Anyway i'm really getting into the game now, i'm trying to just test a few things out and not do too much in the Beta but I have that feeling where I wanna just get really stuck in, can't wait for the full release.

Comment

Thaumaturge is Dark Knight/Red Mage esqe job.

Conqueror is a support and magic offensive job, although the descriptions don't make it clear.

Basically I've chosen the wrong class.

I'm Rep Beta btw.

Comment

I don't think Anima is working, I've completely run out, as in zero. It's not increased once over time. Unless I'm doing it wrong and there's a way to restore it.

Comment

I still have some left but I think its not resetting to to when the servers are down its not letting them build back up.

Quite a few things i've noticed that need sorting, I switched to Gladiator Rank 1 and it was letting me use higher rank Marauder weapon skills, hopefully in the next client update we will get some improved balance and better search functions and linkshells.

Must say though I realy enjoyed the trio party we had the other day, I see the potential is there with the battle system.
          Last edited by mikewl; 01-08-2010, 23:41.

Comment

I don't understand Leves either, the test site says they appear every 2 game hours, npc keeps telling me none available. Do you have to be logged into the game for 2 hours? It seems to work that way with the job abilities.

Comment

If people want to party again tonight (and those who haven't partied with us yet!) I have the following six quests open:

Camp Skull Valley - Rank 10

Colonizing the Valley
              Send them Packing
              Annexing the Valley

Camp Bloodshore - Rank 20

An Imp in Sheeps Clothing
              Annexing the Shore
              Sating the Simians

Comment

I’ll do some more although the Camp Skull Valley ones are the same ones we did on Friday I think.

Not played a lot since then though so my levels (physical 11, Conjurer Rank 7) may be a little low for Camp Bloodshore.

I know it’s beta, but the reason I’ve not been on much since Friday is because I couldn’t really see what I should be doing next. Nothing in town seemed to activate new missions/quests nor could I activate new guildleves (not even to repeat ones I’d already completed which I thought was supposed to be possible). The game’s fun but I really don’t want to spend large amounts of time solo grinding EXP (I have FFXIII for that).

Lack of friend list and (as far as I can tell) search functions also hinders party play somewhat (although I’m certain that will be fixed for retail). Fingers crossed they reinstate the CTRL+key shortcuts for /tell, /reply etc. Becomes a ballache having to type out /t [Player Name] for every reply.

Comment

The party search functions are being added next update, I think they're also making the chat system easier. They're altering reissue of Levls too. Big list of changes on the dev site.

Comment

I'd be up for some tonight, I have a few leves ready as well.

I'm still level 7 Marauder and Level 5 Gladiator, once we hit level 10 we can go talk to Balderon to continue the main storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
                      I'm still level 7 Marauder and Level 5 Gladiator, once we hit level 10 we can go talk to Balderon to continue the main storyline.
                      Seriously?!? Wish i'd have know this sooner I thought that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                        Seriously?!? Wish i'd have know this sooner I thought that was it.
                        This is what i've read on the Beta forum, will have to see later on if it works.

Comment

Yes it does thank you, I'm working on "Legends Adrift" now

Comment

Phase 2 ends tomorrow. Phase 3 to commence mid August.

Comment

Yep, and all characters will be wiped... so wouldn't bother trying to make any progress.

Comment

I think im done with this now until it comes out, i've enjoyed the beta so far but until I can get properly stuck into it im not gonna keep playing, I still want it to feel new when it comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X