No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll keep checking on it to see what progress is being made, but I can't really get enthused about playing it. It doesn't really have much appeal when you know that you'll be starting from scratch in a couple of months, so I'm just using it as an interesting preview.

Comment

That's a shame, but I'd at least I've had enough hands on to figure out how the game plays. That second set of missions was pretty cool, and the underground zone if anyone visited that. Was like Carpenter's Landing (XI) on crack.

Comment

Details of phase 3, and one part I know Rare will be happy with

Thank you for your continued participation in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test.

Phase 2 of beta testing will come to a close at 0:00 (GMT) on Thursday, August 5th, with phase 3 (Beta 3) scheduled to begin mid-August.

In Beta 3, we will be adding new classes, new features such as linkshells, and a host of other adjustments and changes based on the feedback we've received thus far. The following is just a selection of what's in store for the next phase of testing.

[System-related]
        - Significant adjustments to mouse controls
        - Changes to the item menu display and controls for equipping gear
        - The implementation of the following features:
        Linkshells
        Text commands
        Auto-complete/auto-translation dictionary
        Player macros

[Event-related]
        - Local levequests will once again be available
        - A sound effect and on-screen message will accompany the completion of a quest
        - Completed quests will be recorded in the quest journal

[Battle-related]
        - Changes to animations, effects, and combat speed
        - Passive /Active mode will be toggled automatically when speaking to an NPC or locking on to a monster
        - Players will be able to select either a single target or an area effect when casting spells
        - Adjustments to balance guildleve rewards versus monster strength
        - Various adjustments to overall battle balance

Full details will be announced in the Version Update Details section of the Beta Test Site on the day Beta 3 commences. Related updates to the manual will also be posted on the Beta Test Site

Comment

YeahI saw those earlier but wasn't sure if it was public knowledge or not so didn't post.

The completed quests in journal update is much needed.

Comment

Heard the mouse controls were appauling. Hopefully they've improved things.

Comment

Glad to see things moving along nicely... me on the other hand I'm just going back and forth trying to put together my computer and get it ordered...

Comment

This new stage of the Beta is a massive step up, code has been hugely improved now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                  This new stage of the Beta is a massive step up, code has been hugely improved now.
                  Thats good to hear, I updated the client and was going to give it a test just to see whats been updated but couldn't make myself do the whole new character intro thing again, knowing i'd have to do it again in a month.

Comment

Keeps crashing for me (whereas the previous stage of the beta could run for hours without a problem).

Comment

I'm around this evening if people want a linkpearl.

Also i've noticed, the fullscreen for 1280 above has been removed, windowed mode only for me.

Comment

^Strange you get that I get full screen resolutions all the way up to 2560x2048. I use 1366x768 myself.

Comment

What are people's opinions on whether this game will be ready for launch or not? There is a lot of talk on other forums about how bad the game is then someone will pipe in and say they aren't having nearly as many problems so I'm not sure what the actual truth is. Terrible UI and lag seem to be the biggest complaints

I'm really looking forward to this game as I'm ready for a new MMO and I want something that isn't WoW or any of the many MMOs trying to be WoW

I adore the look and the music of this game and the core concepts seem really good with plenty of depth.

Most of all I want to get back to an MMO where people actually group, I just don't understand the 'solo MMORPGs'. Sure I like the option to solo and it's good FFXIV is including it but I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible grouping. Is that really so bad?

I also have 2 weeks holidays to take before November and I'm hoping that September 27th might be a good place to start them.

Comment

I'm really enjoying it, phase 2 of the Beta was a broken horrible mess, at the time it was clearly nothing like a finished product.

Now we're on phase 3, every single issue I had is resolved. UI complaints are funny, they seem to be from people who either haven't actually played the game, or were expecting an exact copy of XI's. You can customise it, resize it, relocate it etc. Targeting has also been altered this time, along with the passive/engage mode. The step up from the last phase is massive.

It's absolutely lush on my pc, and invite anyone to come check it out. Most of the time peoples pc's aren't up-to scratch. Again the people complaining expect a Beta to be a finished product.
                            Last edited by Rep; 17-08-2010, 21:18.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, that's good to hear as it's so hard to get actual information about this game and I think a lot of that has to with the fact that many people simply won't like FFXIV no matter how polished it is. I haven't played the beta but I'm sure it's very, very different from WoW and co just like Final Fantasy XI is.

I think I'll pre-order the game and book my holidays when my boss gets back next week then, MMO launches are nearly always buggy to some degree but the first few months when everything is new to everyone is magical as well

Comment

God damn I really want to play this now, hurry the feck up with my PS3 invite Squeenix

Comment

Working...
                                X