No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to be such an awesome launch isn't it?

Nothing is going to go wrong at al!

Comment

I was hoping to have this beta tomorrow as I am away Thursday and Friday. Oh well, hopefully they can get back on track.

Some of the FFXIV forums are saying it seems that previous beta keys have been cancelled and that may be the problem?

Comment

official updater seems to be working for me, got 50-100k download going so it gonna be long download..... and probably all in vain to.

I've looked in the docu/ff14 file and there is 4 torrents, i assume the one to use is the 95kb on?

Comment

The torrent title is the date of the update, so 2010.08.30 or something, the ones in the folder d96437e6.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
            shafropuff - something is bottlenecking that system big time.

Which of the 5700 series is the card? You should be getting around 1000 more than that, 1500 if it's a 5770.

Check system in control panel, make sure the CPU is running at full speed, 3.2ghz (the benchmark uses the CPU model name, system uses the bios info) when the benchmark is running.

What's the ram you're using? Is it in matching pairs?

Are you running the latest drivers?
            Turns out I had a program running in the background keeping my computer on a low preformance/power saving mode.

I also had a few scaling issues with the 5770 via HDMI so I took it back and got a GTX 260²... I'm a little confused if this card is a dual card or what tho it needs two connections from the PSU and its pretty big but I dunno if the display adapters tab under the device manager is suppose to be showing two cards or what...

I getting a score of 3490 with this card and the preformance manager thing turned off.

Comment

GTX260 requires both PCI-E PSU connectors to be plugged into the card.

Comment

Any reason why it needs two? and whats the small 2 in 260² for?

Comment

I'm just downloading the beta, I can't seem to get the benchmark to run moans about a missing DLL or something any ideas?

Running one of these reckon it will support XIV?

2 x dual core Intel 3.00 Ghz CPUs
                  RAID 0 SCSI Array 205Gb
                  ATI RAdeon 2600 Pro
                  2Gb Memory

It's basically a Dell Poweredge server with it's PCIE enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                    I'm just downloading the beta
                    Was just going to say the client link is now removed from the FFXIV site and my download (with official client) stopped overnight and won't restart now!

Are you downloading with the official client or a separate Bittorrent app?

Comment

I downloaded with the official app, started yesterday 2pm. Finished 5min ago

Comment

Anyone able to login to the site? I'm getting "This service cannot be logged into." every time.

Comment

According to Twitter, open beta starts 02:00 GMT tomorrow morning. Again.

Comment

"FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Will Start on Sep. 2!

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT).

Starting on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will become available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test!"

Comment

That is typical! I'm away from 7pm tonight until late Friday. Grrr.

Comment

Ergh the downloader is doing my nut in, its been on 99.5% complete for about 4 hours constantly uploading at 50kb and downloading at 0kb.

Not good for my bandwidth usage.

Comment

Working...
                                X