No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still at 33.4% downloaded and coming down at 30-50 Kb/s. It may be finished by the time the retail comes out on the 22nd!

Comment

You still think this is going to release on the 22nd?

Comment

Client now downloaded and installed - Yea!

"Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again" - FFS

Comment

I thought I'd just be able to login with my original credentials, but it seems like that's not the case at all. Has anyone else from the alpha/closed beta had to re-apply?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
            I thought I'd just be able to login with my original credentials, but it seems like that's not the case at all. Has anyone else from the alpha/closed beta had to re-apply?
            There's a message on FFXIV core that says everyone has to reapply for a beta key.

Comment

I either get server busy or server error.

I think I'll just sit on this until the PS3 release, and hope they have their act together by then. DCUO is out in November anyway so that'll give an MMO fix for the PS3.

Comment

Application accepted and Code received!

I used this link posted on ffxiv.zam.com

Code has been registered and confirmed on Square Enix Account Management System
                Last edited by talizker; 02-09-2010, 08:48.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I got a code from there. Still getting server error when I try and login to redeem the code though. >_<

Comment

I can't get the client down basically very anoying...

Comment

Thanks for the link, I got a code from there. Still getting server error when I try and login to redeem the code though. >_<
                      Try going to https://secure.square-enix.com/ and not https://secure.square-enix.com/account/ as it suggests in the email. This worked for me but I was already logged in from earlier.

Comment

Yeah it logged me in to the point that I could get a code, but then when I tried to go back in to redeem it I get the error again. Will keep trying anyway.

Assuming I get it working I'll see how it controls now with mouse/keyboard, and if that's still horribly clunky I'll try and get the SIXAXIS working with it again.

Comment

I've got the installer downloaded but the actual updates are increadibly slow. I've got the first 2 files updated and now its on a blue screen doing 4 more but doesn't seem to be moving at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                            I've got the installer downloaded but the actual updates are increadibly slow. I've got the first 2 files updated and now its on a blue screen doing 4 more but doesn't seem to be moving at all.
                            *Updated* I had to forward Port 55296 on my Router to my PC to get the download working.
                            Last edited by talizker; 02-09-2010, 09:43.

Comment

Assuming I get it working I'll see how it controls now with mouse/keyboard, and if that's still horribly clunky I'll try and get the SIXAXIS working with it again.
                              I used a PS2 pad and adapter for FFXI which was great. I think someone mentioned a 360 pad also works well with this but I didn't get on so well with that in FFXI...

Comment

I don't have a 360 pad, I'm not a fan of it anyway. I have a DS2 in the loft I think but I'm not sure I still have my adapter.

There is a process for getting the SIXAXIS/DS3 working, but it's more hassle than I'd like (At least on 64-bit OSeseseseses).

Comment

Working...
                                X