No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any further thoughts about World choice for the NTSCuk / Rargh players (and has anyone started the Open Beta yet)?

Available worlds are:

Cornelia
    Kashuan
    Gysahl
    Mysidia
    Istory
    Figaro
    Wutai
    Trabia
    Lindblum
    Besaid

Also, is there a choice of starting location / city as in FFXI? Is this dependant on Race. Any preference on this so we can party together where/if appropriate from the start?
    Last edited by talizker; 02-09-2010, 12:35.

Comment

Some advice would be good I want back in with the old Rargh guys and looking to move with AaD as well.

Comment

another 2 patches...

Comment

Hmm not sure what server, if anyone has a preference let us know.

Comment

Those were the best town names they choose from each game? Mysidia gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
              Those were the best town names they choose from each game? Mysidia gets my vote.
              Sure i'll vote that too, btw which game is that one from?

Comment

It's the mage town from FFIV, the one that Parom and Palom are from, has a catchy theme tune (Mystic Mysidia). The towns are listed in game order, from I-X.

Updating using uTorrent isn't working for me this time, downloaded the patch in no time, but the official client isn't reading it.

Comment

My download only just finished but then MS Security Suite halted the install saying it had a virus in one of the dat files.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
                    My download only just finished but then MS Security Suite halted the install saying it had a virus in one of the dat files.
                    I had that also with MS Security Essentials, its a false positive apparently and I said to exclude the FFXIV installation folder which sorted it.

Comment

Ah thats good to know its just a false positive.

Annoyingly its downloading the last 0.2% again now, grrr.

Comment

Shadowlord isnt available for Open Beta. Seraph/Bismark peeps going to Wutai so ill prob do the same if u lot comin to same place?

Comment

I'm on Trabia with a bunch of my friends.

Comment

You should remind them Yuffie was from Wutai! Nibelheim would have been an awesome server name. Someone should make a poll with the server names.
                            Last edited by Rep; 02-09-2010, 14:11.

Comment

I didn't realise that closed beta accounts had been wiped completely. Open Beta applications have been suspended too

Comment

Yeah I tried earlier no go, is it even worth trying to play this on a macbook?

Comment

Working...
                                X