X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just logged in. trying to get my footing

Comment

I'll keep my eye open for you

As Wedge said, the opening cinematic compared to Limsa Lomina is fantastic

Comment

Ugh, I forgot how slow the updater was last time I got the beta.

5 hours remaining...

Comment

I'm currently in the Adventures Guild. Gotta get to grips, the last MMO I played was Phantasy Star Universe for 3 years, so this will take some getting used to!

Comment

The lag in the guild is making it impossible to spot anyone, so I'm going to relocate the the Chocobo outside at the top of the ramp.
            Last edited by Rep; 03-09-2010, 14:11.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
              Ugh, I forgot how slow the updater was last time I got the beta.

5 hours remaining...
              It sucks doesn't it, I spent most of yesterday just trying to get the last 0.2%

Comment

I'm getting nothing down yet about 20Kbps up, even though I'm not sure I've actually managed to download anything yet.

Forwarding the ports didn't help either.

Comment

Tis very good, although was very frustrated with one of the quests. Gonna keep my special edition pre-ordered and carry on playing a bit further. I don't want to go too far in the story quests, otherwise repeating them in 3 weeks will be annoying as hell.

Comment

I didnt even bother using the downloader, its dreadful. I ended up just downloading the client and all the updates via a torrent.

Comment

I don't understand how the torrent system that they're using is supposed to work - surely everyone stops seeding once they've downloaded it, making the whole thing fall flat on it's arse? Unless you seed in the background whilst playing, which doesn't sound like a good idea...

Comment

(As with FFXI) This game is way better when played with a pad and the 360 one so far feels good. Really great to see Rargh up and running. Can't wait to get back in later

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
                          (As with FFXI) This game is way better when played with a pad and the 360 one so far feels good. Really great to see Rargh up and running. Can't wait to get back in later
                          Madness!

But yes, I did find this was better with a pad but could never play NIN half as good on a pad as I could with KB back in XI.

Comment

I'm really tempted to download and have a quick bash but there's no chance I can play even casually where I'm going.

Comment

You might be suprised Davi, it's feels like a more relaxed experience then XI. Even if you log in for an hour a day just to do the levlquests, you can make decent progress I reached Rank 11 playing for 1 hour a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                                I don't understand how the torrent system that they're using is supposed to work - surely everyone stops seeding once they've downloaded it, making the whole thing fall flat on it's arse? Unless you seed in the background whilst playing, which doesn't sound like a good idea...
                                SE will always have their own seeds going (listed as local connections by the looks of it).

Comment

Working...
                                X