No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally managed to get the beta downloaded. Which server is everyone on?

Comment

Were on Istory and starting City Granidia*

Comment

I have a few observations about the combat I did in the Solo Leavequests last night.

If the mobs that I had to kill were of all of the same type (eg 6 of something) then it seemed impossible to pull just one of these to a safe position. However far away the one I targeted was, at least 1 other would agro/link at the same time.

One quests where there were (3 of each) 2 types of mob to kill they were typically in pairs of 1 of each type. Again when trying to pull 1 they would both agro and as they were both different types of mob I assume it wasn't a simple link. Further to this I managed to kill both agroing mobs with my (fairly week in combat mainly because of low DEF) THM then 2 more spawned on top of me as the original 2 died who both auto agro'd without me engaging. There were way more deaths for me than I would like and ever had (being the cautious mage type!)

The THM seems to want to be played in a similar manor to RDM but so far the combat rules from XI (and even WoW) don't seem to apply. Have others had similar experiences?

Comment

I know as Archer I died on a couple times due to agro linking mobs on those first leves, I'm going to do some more today and see how it goes but i'm hoping later on i'll be mostly doing them in partys anyway.

I did a bit of exploring last night and ran to every starting city so now I can teleport to each of them, which to be honest feels too easy, in fact I was only Rank 4 and only 1 mob agroed me the whole time.

Comment

I take it it's not too far then between cities if you're able to run it?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
              I know as Archer I died on a couple times due to agro linking mobs on those first leves, I'm going to do some more today and see how it goes but i'm hoping later on i'll be mostly doing them in partys anyway.

I did a bit of exploring last night and ran to every starting city so now I can teleport to each of them, which to be honest feels too easy, in fact I was only Rank 4 and only 1 mob agroed me the whole time.
              Wow, I'm suprised at that man. I remember my first run from Bastok to Sandurst in XI around LV10 which was tense (although not nearly as much as heading to Jeuno at Lv18ish). Is there any info regarding the size of the world and zones for the final game?

Comment

I'm wondering if the retail release will have alot more mobs lurking around to hold people back a bit, I also think they need to adjust the Anima used for longer teleports, 6 Anima to go from city to city is not enough, it should be at least 12 Anima.

I looked at the overworld map and there looks like it will have a 4th city like Jueno and then quite a bit of surrounding locations, I did notice some areas are still blocked in the citys so they could lead off to more areas.

I think it will have enough content for a good few months, then we'll have to see how the updates go.

Comment

Silly question if anyone knows. Where are the player stores? I know there is no auction house, but where are the players selling their stuff?

Comment

Not really sure yet Elan

Comment

You can place it in your bazaar. They'll be some option in the item menu and you can set your own price. Then other players can see the Bazaar icon on your character and check it.

Since today's update I started experiencing this random crashing now, I can barely walk 4 steps sometimes before it happens. There's another emer. update at 4PM. So fingers crossed.
                      Last edited by Rep; 05-09-2010, 14:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                        You can place it in your bazaar. They'll be some option in the item menu and you can set your own price. Then other players can see the Bazaar icon on your character and check it.
                        That's annoying if you're looking for specific items though isn't it? If there's no auction house.

Comment

There's a boot-version update this time, hopefully the crashes are fixed.

Comment

The download seems to be finished, now I get an error when it's installing.

Comment

New patch is here if anyone needs it: Part 1
                              http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4V5R1AAT

Part 2 is here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DH3V4KLE
                              Last edited by mikewl; 05-09-2010, 18:08.

Comment

What CPU's are the guys with Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 running with right now and how are things looking for you in game?

SE recommend Core i7 - the cheapest one i7 930 (2.8GHz) looks to be just over ?200. An i5 750 (2.66GHz) can be had for around ?150 and is also Quad Core. The Dual Core i3 530 (2.93GHz) looks like it should easily run stable at around 4GHz for ?85. I wonder how much better the Quad Core i5/i7 would be than a i3 running at 4GHz?

The ?70-?115 saving would go nicely towards a decent GTX 460 and at least on paper looks like a good performance/price for XIV.

Comment

Working...
                                X