No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm running this on my Macbook Pro and it *just* about runs. It's good enough to play but crikey the mouse is slow.

I'm not sure about this game yet - I hope the final release has a lot more polish and handholding at the beginning because I'm finding it a bit hard to figure out what's going on.

The main thing I keep thinking is 'Why can't XI look like this?!' :'(

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
      I always have software running on my second monitor showing cpu and ram usage, I can tell you strait up that FFXIV uses all 4 cores, rarely do any of them max out but I often see all four hitting about 60-70% usage.
      Ah thats really interesting. What is this software you talk about - I need to take a look at that

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
        It's good enough to play but crikey the mouse is slow.(
        I can definitely recommend using a Pad (360 one or similar).

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
          Ah thats really interesting. What is this software you talk about - I need to take a look at that
          Its built into Win 7, its just one of the gadgets 'Computer Status'

It shows Your CPU Cores, RAM usage and HD space.

Comment

Seems there are two new patches. Neither one of them is moving. Had to download the first at MU, can't find the second anywhere.

Their distribution method for patches is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
              Seems there are two new patches. Neither one of them is moving. Had to download the first at MU, can't find the second anywhere.

Their distribution method for patches is ridiculous.
              http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2E6DYE39

Comment

Well i've had my fill. Won't be touching XIV until two expansions have been released.

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
                  I'm running this on my Macbook Pro and it *just* about runs. It's good enough to play but crikey the mouse is slow.

I'm not sure about this game yet - I hope the final release has a lot more polish and handholding at the beginning because I'm finding it a bit hard to figure out what's going on.

The main thing I keep thinking is 'Why can't XI look like this?!' :'(
                  Because a great deal of it's fanbase are still PS2 users, and apparently the PS3 is struggling with XIV so God only knows how the PS2 would fare.

Comment

I'm really not liking the general impressions about the beta that I'm reading. It's possible the hype levels for this are what's causing it but I've not seen an MMO have this amount of negativity before launch.

It's usually the opposite, huge amounts of buzz with no one noticing anything too major. Then issues which seemed like unfounded fears or issues so petty they didn't matter turn out to be incredibly important to the extent where they spoil the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                      Because a great deal of it's fanbase are still PS2 users, and apparently the PS3 is struggling with XIV so God only knows how the PS2 would fare.
                      I'm in the PS2 userbase What I meant was why can't we get a PS3 or PC release that uses Crystal Tools. (I realise it would obviously be crazily expensive - but I can dream!!)

Comment

Starting to sound like a broken record now, but the player base seems to expect some all singing, all dancing game that features 8 years worth of content and doesn't feature a single bug. The beta is a testing phase, finding faults is the whole idea, yet people are complaining it breaks and there's "too much" maintenance. Full credit to the development team for the rate things are currently being fixed.

The release date is 3 weeks, you can get a lot done in that time. I invite anyone to come join us too, it's more fun than reading comments

Comment

Having been in since Alpha stage I can say they have really brought it a long way since then, they are clearly not done balancing things out yet and there are some bad bugs in there causing crashes (which may be server related and may not be an issue once retail hits), the UI has had major improvements over each Beta stage.

For me the main issues are regarding the patcher which they would have to be insane to keep the same for retail, so hopefully that will be sorted, then its the mouse lag which is a non isue for me but is something they do need to sort out.

Even if the first few weeks are buggy I know there is enough for me in there right now to make it worthwhile getting in at the start, plus I like seeing how the game evolves over time.

Also to note, i've been in so many MMO beta's now and I think this is more polished and complete than the vast majority of them.

Comment

With regards to the update process, it's brilliant in theory and much better than the old one (the more people trying to update the better now). SE only seems to offer about 3 seeds though.

What you should be doing instead, is start the update, even if it's at 0%, note the file name, then cancel it. If it's brown it's a client update, blue is game content. The go to My Games as shown in the picture (assuming you've downloaded uTorrent).

There should be two folders, bca2a8ae is for the brown client updates, d96437e6 is for the blue content ones. Just double click the torrent file and save it over the two existing folders (the torrent IS the ffxivbeta folder). The whole process will literally take 1 minute. Once the official downloader is reopened (after the files hit 100% in the torrent client) it will scan and install them, after that I believe the patch files are automatically deleted.
                            Last edited by Rep; 06-09-2010, 16:08.

Comment

Anyone for a some exp at Humblehearth later? There's a Ather. gate there and it's not far from the city. Probably around 7:30-8.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                                Anyone for a some exp at Humblehearth later? There's a Ather. gate there and it's not far from the city. Probably around 7:30-8.
                                Yes indeed but will be a little later for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X