Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talizker View Post
    Yes indeed but will be a little later for me.
    Same here, going out for a meal at 7pm, if your all about from about 9pm i'll see if I can join you if theres space.

Comment

My biggest problem has been since the day I started the earlier Beta, there's no distinctive White Mage / Healer class. Things like resurrect (raise) belong to Thaumatage while Cures and Reraise belong to Conjurer. This wouldn't be a massive problem, apart from needing to level both classes, it's a nicer version of the sub-job system as you can pick specific abilities across classes. The issue lies in ranking up, if I just use support abilities, I'll never rank up, so I'm forced to either nuke and melee during battle. This leads on to the point system as I then need to level Piety and INT, rather than MND and VIT.

Comment

I've always assumed that Conjurer was a reaction to the late FFXI era stigma that BLM had where it's limitations in everyday party play meant they were largely ignored. But ironically in demand at a lot of endgame events.

Let's face it, ion recent years mage classes, for the most part have been limited to Cure/Haste bots. Conjurer kind of solves that as they can play the healer role as needed but switch to a nuking spec as events dictate.

I do think a lot of XI old timers are going to have to throw out any preconceptions about job classes when it comes to Disciples of War/Magic in this.

Comment

It seems people have figured out how to set the hardware mouse on, apparently the option is in the game already and only required a true being changed to false in one of the config settings.

It seems the person who found it made a patcher for it, can find details on it on the Beta forums.

Comment

I spent some time last night with FRAPS running to try and optimise the performance. I was running at 1920x1080 with 2/3 Buffer (making the 3D rendering 1280x720) with AA Off and Texturing set to Normal and High (all the fancy stuff was off). I had been running back and forward in Gridania between the Guild and the entrance to the The Black Shroud. My frame rate was varying from 11 (right outside the guild) up to 30.

Running at 1920x1080 and dropping down to 1/2 Buffer (making it look like a PS2 game!) and setting all Texturing to Low made no difference to the frame rate.

Running at 1280x720 with all Texturing to Low made no difference to the frame rate.

Running at 1920x1080 with full Buffer, 2xAA, and Texturing to Very High and High also made no difference although did stimulate the Graphics Card cooling fan some! In fact it seemed to run better than when I initially tried these settings at the weekend (because of the patches?)

So I can assume from this the bottle neck right now is the Core2Duo but that will change to the Graphics Card if I get just a new CPU.

What I do know is that I had a lot of fun last night soloing and it looked great with an outdoor frame rate 20-30 which was very playable. Dependant on other zones graphical requirements this at least allows some time fund a new PC and also enjoy the game.

Are we still planning on doing some City runs tonight?

Comment

Hopefully, I've finally come up with a route that should be pretty fun, collects a number of camps on route, and provides several mobs to battle on the way. I should be around 7 onwards, so whatever's easier for everyone.

Comment

I'll try and get on between 7 and 8.

Went all around Gridania the other night looking for a vendor that sells shields (as you get a new set of abilities with one equipped) but couldn't find any for sale.

Moot tells me the only way to get one is via crafting which makes the lack of a centralised auction house frustrating.
                Last edited by C'; 08-09-2010, 14:11.

Comment

I bought my last Beta shields from Limsa Lomina, we'll have a look later when we get back there

Comment

Will be on as early as I can, probably 8-8.30.

Comment

Eight sounds good then, since most people are mentioning that time, if everyone is gathered at the Chocobo Stables again

Comment

I'll be up for this tonight, would like to attempt some harder mobs while were out exploring, a bit like those dogs we fought the other night, something which lets us get stuck into things.

Also would like to try Battle Regimen at some point, see if we can figure it out, is everyone still around Rank 7-8, if so I might head on a bit earlier and get a second job levelled so we can have a good balanced group of jobs.

Comment

I'll be on around 7-8 tonight so see you all then.

Comment

If anyone sees little Bobby Raasclart running around being chased by bees give him a hand

Comment

Gonna have to give tonight a miss, have to go out tonight ><.

Comment

Does anyone chat in this? Or group up?

Comment

Working...
                                X