Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jusatsushi View Post
    Does anyone chat in this? Or group up?
    Are you playing on Istory server? We have an Ntsc Linkshell (Rargh) which is essentially a guild. Post if you want to join us, or send me a tell in game, I'm Rep Penney.

Comment

I would definitely appreciate that. I was at one of the quest crystal things outside Gridania trying to get a group to bash some mushrooms and didn't even get a reply felt like a right billy. Died loads trying to solo it - stupid poison effects.

My char name is Bobby Raasclart btw.

Comment

If you come to Gridania outside the Chocobo Stable, I can give you a Linkpearl.

Comment

Not gonna be on till tomorrow now, early start and all that. I'll give you an add though, cheers dude.

Comment

Dissapointed I missed out last night, how was the the walkabout?

Comment

Didn't do a lot of fighting but we have all city teleports sorted now and it was nice to get around. Some of the zones looked amazing. Fingers crossed we can EXP soon.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                Didn't do a lot of fighting but we have all city teleports sorted now and it was nice to get around. Some of the zones looked amazing. Fingers crossed we can EXP soon.
                Exactly. Really enjoyed last night, the zones are massive and I loved all the elevation change and sense of scale. Also loved the music!

Comment

Best part? The unmoving ferry!

Who woulda thought 5 characters under level 10 could run from one side of the world to the other and survive

Although, those crabs freaked me out, they kept following Rep around.

Comment

I really wanted to exp too, I assumed that Orange mobs could be taken quite easily (I can solo the orange Dodo's no problem), but it ripped the **** out of us, at that point priority changed to getting the camps.

I loved messing about with that sit action command on the Ferry, the Lalafell animation for that is outstanding

If people want to be on around the same time tonight, we can hunt some mobs. The main issue at the minute is finding out what we can take, and where that is. Most things at this point are discovery.

What's also interesting is despite leves being available in other cities, you can't exchange them, for example I couldn't change the Grindania ones with Limsa Lomina ones, so it's not possible to do a set in one city, then move on and do another set elsewhere.

Comment

I think we "scale down" when we fight enemies. One of the earlier enemies that we managed to kill, I was hitting for between 25-51 damage. Yet when I solo that area I get between 130-200 damage. Or the enemies defence and attack goes up quite high.

I should be on tonight just around 8pm.

EDIT:
                      Scratch that, can't make it on tonight.
                      Last edited by elaniel; 09-09-2010, 18:37. Reason: See above.

Comment

Seems very close to launch but:

FF_XIV_EN
                        With the official release coming soon, the open beta test will end on Sep. 20, 2010 GMT.
                        about 3 hours ago via web

FF_XIV_EN
                        With the official release coming soon, the open beta test will end on Sep. 19, 2010 PDT.
                        Which one is true?

Comment

One is PDT and one is GMT, so both are true?

Comment

I'm happy enough to now to sit back until retail, personally I've done enough over the course of the Beta's to not warrant putting another 10days in, only to get progress wiped. I know how systems work, where things are etc.

That said if anyone still wants to do some stuff let me know and I'll join in, or if people haven't joined the shell or tried the Beta yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kurosaki7 View Post
                              One is PDT and one is GMT, so both are true?
                              That would be it, so it seems it ends just around midnight time. ^.^

I think I'll spend a few days in this city we ended up in (as that seems to be where the majority want to start) Want to get a feel for this area. Then I'll give the beta a break.

Comment

Posted in the bargains forum, but Zavvi have FFXIV for £17.99.

Buy Final Fantasy XIV from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X