No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great price but I can't give up my Special Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
      I'm happy enough to now to sit back until retail, personally I've done enough over the course of the Beta's to not warrant putting another 10days in, only to get progress wiped. I know how systems work, where things are etc.

That said if anyone still wants to do some stuff let me know and I'll join in, or if people haven't joined the shell or tried the Beta yet.
      I think its the same for me, i've seen and done enough to be happy to just stop until full release.

What i'm actually quite pleased about is that I don't think it really matters if we end up spread out over different city's, within the first few days we should all be free to move about them all easy enough and i'd imagine the missions will converge later on like in FFXI.

Saying that though i'm still going to start in Gridania, its opening sequence and early missions seemed the most entertaining, though they are all good.

Comment

Looks like my copy is on its way from GAME.
        Won't be able to play it mind...

Comment

/sigh

Copy and pasted from ffxicore

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

I understand your problem and can relate to the issue of the fair-usage policy being broken. However I'm afraid to say the final version of the game will be using a peer-to-peer system identical to the one in the Beta. The main game will ship on a disc so it won't be necessary to download the initial 22GB (approx.) client. That said, patches which could be large will be distributed this way so although they will be smaller and less frequent they may still take you over the fair-usage limit. I'm sorry about this and there are no plans to allow users to adjust their upload and download rates but we have made our head-office aware that this is causing problems for people and may be fixed in future.

Again I hope you aren't too put off by this and I hope the patches will be small enough and infrequent enough not to break your limit.

Warm Regards,
          Square Enix Support Centre Team
          Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
          More help and information are available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
          The Square Enix Support Centre is a centralised support site that provides product information and solutions to the most frequently asked questions and issues with our products and services.

This was sent me after I complained to the company for making the update system peer-to-peer and making them aware that British internet service providers, amongst many, have strong fair usage policies.

Comment

Square Enix, I am disappoint once again.

Comment

The P2P update system is fantastic, and unless you're downloading 5 gig patches every 2 hours shouldn't really break fair use policies. Plus anyone who Isn't on BE or 02 should know better

Comment

I was really hoping GAME would post the game today as they charged me and what not but I guess it'll either ship 2morro or Monday getting here on Tuesday/Wednesday.

I'm not 100% sure I'm gonna start the game on the 22nd, I might pick up the standard version cos I'd really like those goggles lol shame I missed the Zavvi offer >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                  The P2P update system is fantastic, and unless you're downloading 5 gig patches every 2 hours shouldn't really break fair use policies. Plus anyone who Isn't on BE or 02 should know better
                  BE and O2 actually just started traffic shaping for new customers.

Comment

Just picked up my 460 GTX. Fingers crossed installation is straightforward.

Comment

HO-LEEE ****!

My previous build was scoring just over 2000 (literally 2010 or something) at 720P.

Now I'm getting:

Clearly that piece of **** GPU I had was a massive bottleneck.

Will try 1080P next.

Comment

A little shy of 2800 at 1080P.

Think I'm actually a little disappointed by that. Was hoping for 3000+.

Still all told, I reckon this build is ready for retail later this week.

Comment

Finally

Comment

Can people remind me of starting server and city?

Comment

Istory - people are moving to different cities I think.

Comment

What's the most popular town?

Comment

Working...
                                X