No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transport isn't an issue since you can teleport from town to town once you get the outposts. People are split between Gridania and Limsa Lomina.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
      A little shy of 2800 at 1080P.

Think I'm actually a little disappointed by that. Was hoping for 3000+.

Still all told, I reckon this build is ready for retail later this week.
      Looking good there Rare - hopefully i'll be somewhere close in a few weeks.

I decided to start in Ul'dah but as Rep said unless things are a whole lot different than the Beta you can have access to the 3 cities with relative ease at any level. Tsing mentioned he's probably going to Figaro but I don't think anyone else has a preference based on XI LS's etc and we were on Istory reserving our names in the Beta.

Comment

Yeah starting city is irrelevant in this I think. In one evening you can have teleports to all three starting cities anyway and like Wedge, I expect mission lines to lead into the same thing eventually. I think this was a purposeful design choice by S-E as different guilds for each class are only evailable in one nation so you need to be able to access them rather early in your game life.

Oh and latest drivers got me up to 2950 at 1080P. Was hoping it would hit 3000. XD

Still at least I'm beating Moot's new PC which he had built this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
          Still at least I'm beating Moot's new PC which he had built this morning.
          Heh! What did he go with in the end (as i'm still finalising my new build...).

Comment

I think his build was very similar to mine. CPU was main difference.

He is running an AMD Phenom II X4 965 at 3.4GHz. I'm running an i7 which was 2.66GHz stock but OCed to 3.8GHz (which as you saw on my benchmark screenshot is still getting detected as 2.66GHz but according to CPU-Z it is running at 3.8).

Both have 4GB RAM and using Nvidia 460 GTX although I think mine is a slightly faster card.

Mine:

His:

Performance wise probably very similar builds (except going Intel pushed the price of mine up by about £150 XD).

Regardless with what you go with, I think it's safe to say that the 460 GTX is a very good compromise of performance vs price. I was expecting an improvement but to get an extra 3000 on the benchmark really floored me.
            Last edited by C'; 18-09-2010, 13:11.

Comment

I just got a 460 too... I was getting 3490 with a 260 and now only 3792 -_-

I wanted the Gainward but was having trouble finding it and just picked up an Asus one when I saw it in store.

Comment

Good to hear everyones getting their pc's upto scratch for this, i'll also echo Rare's sentiments with the Geforce 460, its just about as ideal a card as you could get right now for the game.

Only a few days to go now, I think i'm gonna have to go over all my router settings again and see if I can find a way of improving the patcher, otherwise i'm going to have to rely on third party sites to get the updates.

Comment

Just a quick question...

In CPU world how much faster would a Intel Core2 Quad @2.4Ghz be than a Core 2 Duo @2.6Ghz

Comment

Should be twice as fast maybe a little bit more. if its an Extrere quad core then it will be faster because of no shared bus between two of the 4 cores.

RAM will also need to be factored into this cause you would want a nice big dumping point for the processing output.

Comment

Additional Final Fantasy XIV PS3 Details

A few more details on the PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIV via what appears to be an interview in this week's Famitsu.

The game has been 100% ported from the PC to PS3 and is in a moving state. While there are some slight differences in textures, you won't notice that much of a difference when you see the game in motion.

The PC and PS3 versions will share the same servers.
                      I know it's getting a lot of hate, but I'll almost certainly give this a go on the PS3.

Comment

For a minute I thought Square had erased every post since the game's launch

Comment

So... is XIV any good?

Comment

I have yet to play it myself, but judging on feedback coupled with the fact that it is presumably still free to play, I would have to say no.

Comment

Yup the game is a massive let down, have totally given up on it now.

This has probably been my biggest gaming dissapointment ever, I kept an eye on what updates were being made but all this time has gone by since launch and they have really not done much to improve things and the latest update looks to be more rubbish.

Comment

I occasionally jump on with rebuilt hope that the game will be good this time - and it never is.
                                FFXIV - it pains me to say - sucks. (Though can be alright for a quick pop-in every month)

Comment

Working...
                                X