No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I was thinking the same, I'll make sure to send them to you and anyone else who wants them.

Comment

Cheers moot and gl playing! Lets hope its good!! Any ideas on race/class what your going to try out? And the burning question on everyones lips are you going to be called MOOT!?

Comment

Argh. I thought I'd registered but I haven't, and everytime I try to it says my password is wrong, when it blatantly isn't.

It's probably for the best anyway.

Comment

I just read MP isn't restored through resting anymore (hMP). Any idea how it's done? You can also move and cast at the same time now, which sounds awesome.

Comment

Would be nice if mp was dropped imo, I've never really viewed it as fair for mages to have 2 'hp' bars if you will (a blm without mp for example may as well just stand there for ass rapage).

Failing that, I do think spell cost needs to be considered.

Comment

http://www.ffxivcore.com/

Loads of pics and info there from the alpha testing.
              Last edited by Moot; 10-04-2010, 09:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Moot View Post
                http://www.ffxivcore.com/

Loads of pics and info there from the alpha testing.
                Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                Oh cool. When's the PS3 beta then?
                According to Moot's link, PS3 will be included when they get to the Beta2 stage (currently in Alpha which will move on to Beta 1 in the near future).

Comment

Cheers for the link, it's looking good. I especially like that battles require you to activate each move (unlike the FFXI system where aside from skillchains the melee just have to stand there while their moves automatically happen). That would make skilling up a bit less grindy.

On the other hand, the "everything is instanced" comment worries me. Eliminating shouts and noise during cutscenes is good, but I quite liked that you could pass by strangers on your way to a quest, or that perhaps one of them would help you, in FFXI. That was how people made connections. I hope they've not done away with that entirely... I can't imagine people making new friends much when they're in towns doing their AH runs or similar. Can you confirm whether you ever pass strangers outside the towns, Moot?

V

Comment

I found this today, some chap doing a blog on his alpha.

A blog to track Twelves Journey through Final Fantasy XIV.

Comment

Looks like he'll be the next to get banned

Comment

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's an official, "unofficial" leak

What's with the spooky blue faces on his most recent screenshots?

V

Comment

Woo, got my Beta invite today, anyone else get in?

Comment

Moot got in weeks ago and has barely touched it.

I tried it out when I got my new computer a few weeks ago and wasn't really impressed. Was very bored after about 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                              Moot got in weeks ago and has barely touched it.

I tried it out when I got my new computer a few weeks ago and wasn't really impressed. Was very bored after about 5 minutes.
                              Would you say it seems a bit incomplete?

This can be one of the problems with Betas that it actually puts you off the game.

I'll give it a try.

Comment

I was under the impression it's Alpha stage not Beta?

Comment

Working...
                                X