Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might have a been a HQ then. I'm wondering If the different tools are better suited to different recipes, like for example my main Is heating in a furnace, where my sub Is just grinding manually.

Comment

Also

We have confirmed an issue where players may be able to obtain abnormal amount of skill points while fighting in a party as Conjurer or Thaumaturge. The issue is currently being addressed.

Also we would like to remind that repeating this method intentionally to obtain abnormal amount of skill point is considered as fraudulent behavior. With players who have abused this method, an investigation shall be made and their account may be suspended in case we determine it to be malignant. The investigation is expected to take a while until the completion. For those of you who have abused this method, please report yourself through GM Call. By reporting yourself in, GM will correct the amount of skill point you have gained and the penalty to your account will be exempted.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
      Last edited by Rep; 27-09-2010, 10:53.

Comment

That's pretty funny:
        By reporting yourself in, GM will correct the amount of skill point you have gained and the penalty to your account will be exempted.
        I'm enjoying being there from the beginning to watch all this kind of hilarity unfold

Comment

Ill post this again as i dont think many of you were into crafting at the time.

Really really good site for looking up how stuff is made.

1 Week on for me. Well its great, I like how u can progress so much solo as well as in a party. Im not so happy with how slow the "action system" is to navigate. Then again that could just be my PC or im to used to how quick 11's is. I guess ill see when the PS3 version is launched.

As its been said before retainers are awful, they need to add a AH or a option that lets you search all retainers in a area. Also I always feel very meh after i have completed my leves for the day, kinda like SE are halting progress on purpose. (They most likely are)

My post feels very negative but its not ment in that way at all. The games great, and it yeilds not stress like 11 does when trying to get some stuff done. (So far!) If SE can improve on the few faults that are there, they are defo onto a winner in my books.

Comment

btw can anyone login? All I get is a JP popup ok box when trying to run the game.

ファイナルファンタジーXIVの終了待ちでタイムアウトしました。

Turns out it means - Timed out waiting for Final Fantasy XIV.

Guess servers aint back up yet Can anyone else get in or is it just me?
            Last edited by djtickle; 27-09-2010, 12:18.

Comment

I've been having trouble logging in - but the game was under emergency maintenance all morning because of the skill point gain issue.

Only just been able to log in been trying for about 10 minutes.

Comment

Well I can't log in. It just hangs at the start screen. Seems it's a known problem.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties where players may be unable to log into FINAL FANTASY XIV.

The issue is currently being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
                From Sep. 27, 2010 05:00 (PDT)

[Details]
                Unable to log into FINAL FANTASY XIV.

[Cause]
                Under investigation

[Affected Service]
                - FINAL FANTASY XIV

Comment

Well, if it wasn't for XI that would have ruined my lunch hour!

Comment

I've quite enjoyed the first week, i've taken a no rush approach to things so far, just logging in having a bit of fun here and there, its certainly got potential to be a great game, though as others mention it needs some work on the Retainer system and Partying.

Doing leves has been hit and miss, I don't think they have them balanced correctly yet but i'm sure they'll be tweaking them soon.

Also it may just be too early on for full group party play, it may become more appropriate later on.

I'm enjoying cooking and Botany quite a bit, the leves are a nice way to get started, i've also done some non leve crafting too which was good.

Overall i'm pleased with it.

Comment

Looks like not much playing today:

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XIV maintenance on all worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

[Date & Time]
                      Sep. 28, 2010 from 16:00 to 19:00 (GMT)
                      * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
                      FINAL FANTASY XIV
                      5pm to 8pm for us.

Comment

I completely echo everyone’s thoughts about how poor the Retainer system is buying items, however what I will say is that it does seem to be working for other people. Over the past few nights I’ve sold about 7 or 8 Copper Chokers making a bit of profit on each one so there are people out there willing to hunt for goods. I’m not exactly rolling in gil or anything but I’m making money whilst ranking up Goldsmithing. I think this is an advantage of being in from day one.

Still reliant on on NPCs for my crafting items although I did do my first bit of farming last night which really benefitted my Clothcraft. Saved me a fair few thousand gil (2 pieces of Moko Grass got me 3000 gil worth of Hempen Yarn). The difficulty is the variety of ingredients needed to make items. I’d love to be crafting new body, leg, hand armour pieces for people but the synths all need leathercraft/armorer items that don’t appear to be buyable from NPCs.

Also synthesised two Copper Choker+1 now. Both times I didn’t have a really high quality score (in fact the second one only had a final quality of 64). What I did find was that I had a lot of durability left over once hitting 100% progress. So I then used the Touch Up command. After a few uses the synth starting sparking and the result in the window changed to Copper Circlet+1.

I’m spending so much time levelling my crafts, I’m neglecting battle classes. I really need to look at levelling a second Disciple of War to mix and match abilities and pick up a few more DD options.

My big frustration is being stuck with level 1 weapons/tools for all my classes.
                        Last edited by C'; 28-09-2010, 08:39.

Comment

I have really enjoyed my first weeks play although its been a little less time than most. Even having dabbled with the beta I have loved discovering the FFXIV world and beginning to learn the game mechanics. At first I was slightly frustrated about how different some things were from XI but as things are meant to be very different I am happy to embrace the new way of doing things. I need to look into gear progression which appears to mean crafting (something that I never touched in XI), more leveling of my Thaumaturge and also at least Conjurer at present to broaden my ability set. I have also done very little of any missions or quests!

What kind of level have you all got to in the first week? Has there been any indication of where partying may be required or beneficial other than the battle leaves we did on Saturday (which while random in difficulty and amusingly glitched at times were a whole lot of fun and exactly the reason I want to play this).

Comment

My physical level is currently 19 and I have 3 classes at rank 10+ (Pugilist, Goldsmith and Culinarian) with one more (Weaver) very close to 10.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                              My physical level is currently 19 and I have 3 classes at rank 10+ (Pugilist, Goldsmith and Culinarian) with one more (Weaver) very close to 10.
                              Following on from this, is it known how having parties of different levels (physical or class - eg. I am at 9/7 right now) effect any of the party receiving experience?

Comment

There is a good interview with Hiromichi Tanaka at FFXIVCore about XIV, XI and FF series in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X