Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I had an annoying bug. I changed back to my bow after using my carpentry skill and I lost the abilities Refill and Light Shot. So I couldn't attack anything. I only noticed once starting a leve, and I ended up having to quit out as I couldn't do anything.

Luckily, everything managed to sort itself out once I restarted, but I lost out on a leve that was worth 8k.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
      Well I had an annoying bug. I changed back to my bow after using my carpentry skill and I lost the abilities Refill and Light Shot. So I couldn't attack anything. I only noticed once starting a leve, and I ended up having to quit out as I couldn't do anything.

Luckily, everything managed to sort itself out once I restarted, but I lost out on a leve that was worth 8k.
      Did you have your bow drawn at the time? It won't let you set abilities If a weapon Is out, It needs to be sheathed.

Comment

Cheers!

So you mapped the N key to your R2 rep? Seems its not the N Key, is it the Z key?
        Last edited by djtickle; 30-09-2010, 13:41.

Comment

Hey guys. First of all, I really want to say thanks for all the help you've been giving me - I really appreciate it.

I'm currently Marauder rank 8 with physical level 11.

I'm still using all my starting gear :-/

I have no idea what I'm doing in terms of gear - is there somewhere in Lominsa where I can buy basic gear? Should I just make it all myself? Is there some kind of quest line as Armorer that I'm missing?

I've only been playing as Marauder and Armorer so far.

Also, where is the main Quest line? I followed the instructions of the guy at the bar and tried to join some mini-army thing, they had try-outs in the basement and some guy thought I was someone I'm not (I suspect). It all seemed to dry up there..

Comment

No, the bow was not drawn. I even tried unequipping it and it still didn't fix the problem.

I think it may have something to do with equipping abilities to a class you are not equipped at the time to use (IE: I added an archer ability while a carpenter).

Maybe that caused the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
              Hey guys. First of all, I really want to say thanks for all the help you've been giving me - I really appreciate it.

I'm currently Marauder rank 8 with physical level 11.

I'm still using all my starting gear :-/

I have no idea what I'm doing in terms of gear - is there somewhere in Lominsa where I can buy basic gear? Should I just make it all myself? Is there some kind of quest line as Armorer that I'm missing?

I've only been playing as Marauder and Armorer so far.

Also, where is the main Quest line? I followed the instructions of the guy at the bar and tried to join some mini-army thing, they had try-outs in the basement and some guy thought I was someone I'm not (I suspect). It all seemed to dry up there..
              At the minute It's pretty much craft your own gear (or get one of us to make it). There's a huge, huge emphasis on the crafting side of things, and you're pretty much expected (at the time being) to level at least one craft along with your main class. Several come In pairs, for example Alchemy and Carpentry compliment one another.

Do some of the local levequests, you can rank up your crafting class without having to spend a single gil, the ingredients are given to you as part of the quest. There's a link in the crafting thread that's worth checking out.

Having previously completed LL 1-20 I can tell you the quest line doesn't end there. Check your Journal for current scenario quests, It should be named "Treasures of the Main" don't forget to check the npc pearl If that glows orange too.

Comment

The FFXIAH Team have developed a new site for XIV

Among other things there's a bazaar section, and account details for the old site as shared between the two.

Also:

All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Sep. 30)
                At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XIV maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

[Date & Time]
                Sep. 30, 2010 from 16:00 to 20:00 (GMT)
                * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
                FINAL FANTASY XIV
                Last edited by Rep; 30-09-2010, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                  Cheers!

So you mapped the N key to your R2 rep? Seems its not the N Key, is it the Z key?
                  Just saw this, I've not mapped any keys to buttons, you'd use something like Joypadder for that.

If you highlight the drop down menu In the FFXIV Config In Program files, just press the button you want on the pad and It will automatically map it for you. Assuming you've defaulted the motionjoy one first.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                    JIf you highlight the drop down menu In the FFXIV Config In Program files, just press the button you want on the pad and It will automatically map it for you. Assuming you've defaulted the motionjoy one first.
                    ...and as I mentioned above you want emotes which is the AOE toggle.

Comment

Thank you both already had it mapped to triangle, doh!

Comment

I had an interesting time last night, joined a group to grind on Giant Crabs, a full party of 6 and the results were strange, I barely got any exp even though we were all around the same level, afterwards we took out some smaller easier mobs and my exp gain was higher, it seems at the moment that partying is best suited to 3 people, Tank, DD and Mage and taking on blue-orange mobs.

On another note i'm kind of stopping any levelling until my gear is updated, I managed to get a necklace, two earrings and two rings, new gloves, headgear and boots, still looking for a new body piece.

Comment

Surprisingly, I've never watched the opening video for this. I just tried to play it and there's huge screen tearing in it! I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop it, it's too distracting to even watch the video.

Comment

I think someone else was experiencing the issue with the opening movie, which Is a shame because It's really good. It might have been Wedge, I think you both use ATI Cards too.

Comment

Just trying again in windowed mode and it's a little better. Guess I have to wait for ATI to sort themselves out.

Comment

Failing that you could burn the thing, purge the ground with salt then replace it with a Nvidia

Seriously though I only read the system specs for this today, 4 gig of RAM? What the hell? The GTX graphics card wasn't even out in the shops at Beta stage too.
                                Last edited by Rep; 30-09-2010, 19:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X