This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
    I'll be on within the hour. Probably a bit early to get a group going on it though.
    Im at work

Comment

LOL. I forgot, some people get access to the internet at work

Comment

I'm not sure if it's fixed. However, it seems when you start a battleve, it doesn't display the timer nor the target count in the corner.

I finally got around to send them a bug report this morning about this, typcally the GM's weren't interested in talking about it.

I've just tried 2 level 20 leves on my own. Breezed through two yesterday, struggled today, so back to 10's for me!

Comment

Well I'm stuck now. Level 15 archer, level 10 leves are too easy (with no exp) and level 20 leves are too difficult.

Comment

Right I'll get a character created on Istory tonight, I need to sort out all the registration codes for the helm and the bangles or bracers.

This time round I think Zoe is coming to play as well, do you know with the trial codes if after the 30 days you can turn them into a full blown account or do you have to restart?

I know the square root of nothing about XIV at the moment so expect a lot of questions!

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
              Well I'm stuck now. Level 15 archer, level 10 leves are too easy (with no exp) and level 20 leves are too difficult.
              Are you doing rank 10 leves at one star difficulty? I find they Camp Skull Valley leves are a good solo challenge at 3 or 4 stars when I solo them.

Comment

Has anything been heard about the PS3 version, I ran across something talking about it being in 3D. Am I right in assuming that is so much bull?

Not that I'm looking for an excuse for a 3D TV at all oh no not me...

Anyone know which ones are good just in case!

Oh and is this FF heavily solo then rather than party?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                  Are you doing rank 10 leves at one star difficulty? I find they Camp Skull Valley leves are a good solo challenge at 3 or 4 stars when I solo them.
                  I've been doing some rank 2 leves, it's just after the leves is where I'm having trouble finding a place to level. Especially when I finally do find one and it seems to be filled with others trying to do the same thing :P

I got super stressed last night (gotta run from limsa all the way back to Gridania). How stupid for Squeenix to do a level 15 story mission and the enemy in it takes off over 30 percent of your health in one hit. Don't make it a level 15 mission if the enemy in it while doing it is red.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                    Has anything been heard about the PS3 version, I ran across something talking about it being in 3D. Am I right in assuming that is so much bull?

SE announced at TGS that FFXIV on PS3 will have 3D support. Now assuming they actually manage to get the game released on the PS3 and you have shiny new £1000+ TV, would you actually want to wear 3D glasses for (potentially) 1000+ hours in the next few years O.o !!!

I have had demos on the new Sony 55" LCD and Panasonic 50" Plasma 3D sets and while both decent, found the 3D effect to be gimmicky (think layers of cardboard cutouts with depth!) but that just me. I think its safe to say there will be a couple of iterations of 3D TV tech in the next 6 months so probably best to wait right now.
                    Last edited by talizker; 06-10-2010, 08:26.

Comment

Right I'll get a character created on Istory tonight, I need to sort out all the registration codes for the helm and the bangles or bracers.

This time round I think Zoe is coming to play as well, do you know with the trial codes if after the 30 days you can turn them into a full blown account or do you have to restart?

I know the square root of nothing about XIV at the moment so expect a lot of questions!

Cool there is quite a few of us on it now! Make sure you get all your codes entered before you create your char or you will lose out on the items.

No idea about the trial thou, all i know is that it says you can install it as normal then use that code. I assume they have to have a SE account still so I bet they still have to put in card details etc.

Anyone know which ones are good just in case!

Ive heard that Samsung range of 3D is nice range. But I know a decent setup is 2k+.

As for this FF being Solo or Party atm its totally open. The main storyline is solo, but all other quests (Leves) are solo or party as you pick the how hard you want it on startup.

There are some quests called factions but we have yet to do one, which are party quests and give better rewards, but still from what i hear its 4 - 15 people as again you can pick how hard you want it to be.
                      Last edited by djtickle; 06-10-2010, 08:26.

Comment

So far there is loads that can be done solo but there has also been plenty of partying for Battle Leves, general EXP and exploring.

Comment

Right I've registered the service and added the code for the onion helm. I've just created my SE members account thing as well and added the codes for FFXIII and FFXIV...

Now do I have to link the SE account and the members account some how so it picks up the FFXIII registration as it doesn't have a code in the same way as the onion helm. I'm assuming the FFXI is automatically picked up by the service as its registered on the SE account.

Deleted my beta account and registered a nice new one so almost ready to log in once I get these questions sorted.

Comment

I've not complained about anything in XIV and i'm happy to embrace the systems SE have put in place but damn I wish they'd make it easier (and especially quicker) to locate new equipment (that doesn't involve crafting). The single thing that frustrates me is SE are making it "better" for people who don't have hours each day to play, only to make you spend hours trying to find equipment/items you wish to purchase ><

Comment

Even trying to make you're own gear is fraught with difficulties because often you can't even make all the ingredients yourself. Spent over an hour last night looking for a particular colour of sheep leather and bronze buckles in two market wards before I simply couldn't select Menu > Browse > Close any more.

I'm actually ashamed of some of the pieces of equipment I'm still using including a rank 6 weapon (luckily one more rank and I can upgrade to a weapon from NPC, albiet for 87k).

Comment

Working...
                              X