X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see you in game tsing

Comment

Reading some of the comments regarding the game, I find myself no longer gutted that I can't yet join in all the "fun". It sounds like se wanted to extend the beta but use paying customers for the privilege. Personally speaking, it sounds like they'd have been better served by delaying both versions to next march rather than rush one out. God only knows what fate will befall the ps3 one if mega pcs run it like ass however!

Comment

I think right now its hard to rate it, I personally like it so far but it all depends if the game opens up a bit more later, right now its basically collect leves, do leves then wait for more leves.

In FFXI you had BCNM's, NM's and just a bunch of other stuff to do, you could have days of doing things that didn't involve levelling up.

I also hope there are more varied areas than it seems likely at the moment, I just feel each zone is so large but so similar.

Still i'm happy with it at the moment and am enjoying what it has to offer.

Comment

The thing with the game is that it's pretty good on the bug front. There are bugs but for a game around launch, it's not doing badly on that front.

The problem is that almost all the problems are concious design decisions that should've been rooted out before the game even got to the beta stage. There are so many things which just seem to point to Square Enix not really taking usability into consideration when they were creating the game.

So may issues that are going to take a lot of work to fix as it involves heavy re-writing or altering core mechanics.

Comment

A gamespot 4? Ouch! I know, I know it's gamespot and all that, but a 4? Are other "pro" reviews similarly forthcoming with the praise?

Comment

Does anyone fancy some group Battle Leves near Limsa Lominsa tonight? I have 3x Lv10 (Camp Skull Valley) ones active but can also do some Lv1 (Camp Bearded Rock) as CON or Lv20 (Camp Bloodshore) as Support THM.

Comment

I'd be up for some 20's but I will not be on until after 730 this evening.

Comment

Found this today, maybe we should try some of the camps out.

Comment

A lot of those areas at level 18 archer I have been soloing. Experience is just okay. I think the islands left of Bloodshore seem to be better soloing for job exp.

I hadn't found any in Uldah so far so I will be trying those tonight.

Comment

I can do some leves this evening.

Turns out I have hit over 100 points for 2 of the factions (and 2 points short for the third faction) so may have some faction leve options. Will depend on what the rewards are like if I select them though.

Comment

Make sure to leave the faction ones till I'm on

I think I have almost enough points now to do one. I didn't know each faction gets different amount of points until yesterday.

Comment

Probably some important information here for "tanks":

Essentially, don't open any battle against a mob with Provoke/Taunt as it won't be doing anything. This may explain some issues people have been experiencing with hate control and Provoke doing "nothing".

Comment

What are seen at the moment as the main 'Tank' class, I was assuming gladiator but you never can tell

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                              What are seen at the moment as the main 'Tank' class, I was assuming gladiator but you never can tell
                              Yeah its Gladiator, if you kinda think of it like 11. You have PLD = GLD and Marauder which is like nin, I mean WAR that can do a half arsed job.

Comment

Ok, I have activated 3 Camp Bloodshore leves for this evening and also 1 faction leve. However, one of them was offering me 1710 PGL guild marks so that was the one I selected but it means going to Camp Tranquil.

Reading the descriptions,these definitely sound more in depth that standard battle leves but we'll have to see. Put together with other people's leves this evening, should have a good mix.

Comment

Working...
                                X