Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're using Motionjoy do not update If it asks you too. I did and now the controller isn't recognised. A quick check of the forums everyone else has experienced the same thing.

Comment

What time are you looking to kick things off Rare?

I can bring a few leves to camp tranquil to top things up a bit.

Comment

Tal we're looking to kick things off when you come on tonight, any idea what sort of time you might be on?

Comment

Should be 8.30 at the latest but feel free to start and I'll join you as soon as I'm on

Comment

I think we should try and organise group events, even if they are only Leves at this stage, at least once or twice a week. Although last night wasn't overly fruitful as far as EXP it was a whole lot of fun and really good for us getting used to the XIV party mechanics.

Comment

I'd be up for that.

Although I do want to say sorry again to the people who died because of me yesterday. The last MMORPG I played, there was really no order to anything and you didn't really have to wait for enemies to be provoked or bound and it was more or less a free for all, and sometimes i forget that's not how this game works.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                I'd be up for that.

Although I do want to say sorry again to the people who died because of me yesterday. The last MMORPG I played, there was really no order to anything and you didn't really have to wait for enemies to be provoked or bound and it was more or less a free for all, and sometimes i forget that's not how this game works.
                That is why doing this is important for us all to learn the mechanics because even though most of us played a lot of XI this is not exactly the same. Better to have some deaths on these Battle Leves than on something later that is more important. It also illustrates why in my opinion the FF MMO's and their party orientated play are superior to other MMO's that i've played.

Comment

Don't worry about the deaths like tali said it's all about learning. Really enjoyed the faction leves last night. Just enough change to make them different enough from normal leves. Is there plans for more of a death penalty? Otherwise I think your always going to get gung ho people bum rushing leves? I want tactics!

Stuff like on 11 standing on fafs feet, things like that. Even if it's something u could do solo.

Made my 1st haub last night went 1/3 just. Think I need to be 2/3 lvls higher.

Comment

defenatly sounds like fun.

Comment

I'm Physical Level: 11, Armorer rank 7 and Marauder rank 9.

I'm most likely too low level to play with you guys right?

So what should I be doing? I keep working my way through the armorer leves - they're fun - but can't figure out where to get my own supplies from to actually make stuff for myself. The wards thing is a joke. (I know that an AH is coming - I'm looking forward to it!)

I keep dipping into this periodically to try and level at least a bit - but mainly keep jumping back to XI.

Comment

I enjoyed last night, it reminded me of FFXI early days, the things I remember most were the deaths and learning the ins and outs.

I think from now on i'm just going to save my leves like tal said for group stuff, it was way more fun.

I got some exp last night, it was reasonable amounts but what I did get was tons of loot, after buying the body armour off Elan I was left with about 25k, finished the night over 100k so I was happy with that.

Comment

Agreed, I was thinking about all this, this morning. Despite the huge amount of flaws (mobs regening etc), it is still a huge amount of fun when we get together. Funnily enough the spolierific Gametrailers review went up too. Penny Arcade describes it best.

Originally posted by Penny Arcade
                          It doesn't sound like a review at all, it sounds like an indictment - a formalized recitation of the facts in evidence. An MMO seems like such a strange thing to review, even under the best conditions. Did you catch the world event, did you interface with the right social framework to invest the generally quite mechanical gameplay with meaning, did you stumble on something organic and real in some disused corner of the simulation?
                          So yeah, it might be full of bugs and a usability nightmare, but when we all get together it's a laugh, and isn't that what it's all about?

That said, how does Monday, Wednesday, and Friday sound for doing these leves? My only concern is that if the whole or even majority of the LS gets involved, it'll all be over in seconds.

Comment

LOL, sounds good, around 8pm? Some of those days I work past 7, so can only be around those days after that time.

I think the live and die of an MMORPG is the community, and I can understand why a lot of people are disliking it, starting on their own. The huge enjoyment I have been getting was from playing and chatting to others, and I think the game having a positive and friendly community can only help the game.

Comment

Speaking of the community, If you check the XI thread, Rargh is almost 7 years old

Comment

Maint on the 15th, could this be the retainer update we have all been waiting for?

Comment

Working...
                                X