Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot there for us to be optimistic about.

We never got anything like this in such detail in the early XI days so it seems pretty clear S-E have hit a bit of a panic button here and are being as open as possible (and they needed to be).

Still a little concerned that we have to wait until next year for our jounrla to log all our recipes (and they appear to have backtracked on the previous announcement that leve recipe rewards will also be listed). Also gone is the mention of your journal logging completed quests (which I presume referred to Regional Levequests as the journal already logs your completed main Scenario/Class quests).

However, the fact that there is a lot listed I like the sound of diminishes the above disappointments. Definitely need the increased inventory capacity (and extra retainers) and can't believe they will be offering two different UIs depending on your choice of control method. That's pretty unexpected.

Probably a little sneaky of them to list November and December updates as one as it is not clear what is coming when. Think this makes it pretty clear that another free month is not forthcoming and they are hoping this vagueness keeps people subsscribing (which I think is risky).

Comment

All looks good to me. Hopfully the November patch will be soon, I think that might be the bigger of the 2 as they will want to address peoples concerns asap!

Comment

Considering they have stated that the regular patch schedule is every three months, I expect anything related to new content (i.e. NMs) will be December whereas November will be fixes/issues that should have been resolved at launch (i.e. inventory sort).

Comment

I'm glad to hear they're concentrating on creating a stress free gaming experience. All I have to say to that though is good luck to them

I can imagine there will be no shortage of Dual Shock pads being hurled across my bedroom in sheer frustration once I actually get started, if XI is anything to go by!

Comment

Some nice sounding updates, especially NM's.

I think I need this update to motivate me to get back into the game, I just haven't had much urge to play recently but will be looking to get back into the swing of things with this update.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
              Some nice sounding updates, especially NM's.

I think I need this update to motivate me to get back into the game, I just haven't had much urge to play recently but will be looking to get back into the swing of things with this update.
              Feel totally the same way.

Comment

[OT while waiting for update] Enjoyed playing some MP CoD:BO with Mike and then DJ & Moot over the weekend. Bought back the Perfect Dark memories (and yes i'm still crap)! Will look out for you in the coming weeks for some more games!

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
                  [OT while waiting for update] Enjoyed playing some MP CoD:BO with Mike and then DJ & Moot over the weekend. Bought back the Perfect Dark memories (and yes i'm still crap)! Will look out for you in the coming weeks for some more games!
                  Was really into this but cant seem to drag myself off CoD:BOs to have a go. I blame moot.

Comment

Looks like they've realised they genuinely have a huge problem here, not sure it will fix it but will come back for a look after the update. No problems with crashes etc here just that I plain didn't like the game, too clunky and too many buttons to press.

Comment

Square Enix on Final Fantasy XIV's future at Eurogamer.

Comment

I bought this game and started my sub on day 1.

I haven't played that much and the LS here (yes, I am a member - just not around a lot.. okay, never) is wayyy ahead of me now - which kind of makes the appeal of the game even smaller. I have no easy way of getting any gear - I want to play this casually and the promise from Tanaka-san of being able to play the game this way seems hollow at the moment. This game is crazily hardcore!

Saying all that - as a S-E MMO fanboy I bought the collector's edition, the soundtracks, Japanese guidebook as well as ordering a moogle and keychain of a leve quest (whee!!). I'll be holding on for a few more months to see what they can achieve with these patches - I'm willing to give them a chance.

Time is running out Tanaka-san. I don't expect this to be XI-2 - I just want something compelling.

Comment

The development team should have focused on shaping up the game during the beta process, but because we were really concentrating on de-bugging the game ? fixing all the bugs ? that's one of the reasons why we were not able to have all the requests implemented during the beta process.
                          That's not really an excuse for releasing an unfinished game though is it? The entire development time was spent bug fixing; they didn't even seem to get that right.

Comment

I got my soundtrack CDs yesterday. What's with the ****ty boxes they come in?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                              I got my soundtrack CDs yesterday. What's with the ****ty boxes they come in?
                              I think it's because the soundtrack CDs are quite often bootlegged on ebay - making it actually quite hard to tell which are official versions and which aren't.

The boxes are annoying enough that the bootlegger will avoid them. Unfortunately they're pretty annoying to the consumer too..

The more annoying part is the sheer lack of music on both CDs! Where is the orchestral/vocal piece from the website/trailers?! Swines!! <shakes fist>

Oh and big news just in - we all get another free month. Trial period extended again! Awesome sauce

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
                                Oh and big news just in - we all get another free month. Trial period extended again! Awesome sauce
                                Do you have a link to this? Everything I found refers to the first trial (Oct 15). I'm fairly sure Rare hasn't bought a bootleg too

Comment

Working...
                                X