This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
    Guess it was just limsa then, I was stood in the market section for 30mins talkin to Wedge, must have seen 10 people.
    Ul'dah has become the Jeuno of XIV, the homepoint of probably 80% of players, unless they change markets to a singular instance its unlikely to change anytime soon, its the place to buy/sell and as there are like rows of players crafting all the time its easy to just stand around some and have them repair your gear.

Comment

Just in case anyone needs it, will probably be doing Imperial Devices Thursday, so far me and Repp but if anyone else needs it or wants to join let us know.

Comment

Still F2P?

Comment

I think it is, I've not paid for anything yet as far as I know.

Comment

Is that the R25 instance? (Been so long since I last played so forgot what's what).

I still need one more clear of that if so could join in. If I can still play without being charged.

Comment

Yup thats the R25 instance, I think you should be fine to log in, think payment starts on the next patch which I'm not sure when that is.

Comment

Should be on after 8 tonight.

Comment

Cool, I'll get on for about 8ish then.

Comment

The process of becoming FFXI HD continues?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but Archer becomes... Bard?

Also, "White Mage" gets Earth and Wind attack spells and "Black Mage" gets Fire, Ice and Lightning". None of this makes any sense. To be fair I always did like that CNJ had a choice between being a nuker and healer (depending on your own personal spec) with THM being a more utility type mage but the naming convention is just stupid now.

^ Ignore all that. Just got reminded about the 2 classes in Final Fantasy III had a similar split in elemental spells. Interesting that they would go with that.

THM seems to have lost a lot of its uniqueness now though which is a shame.
                    Last edited by C'; 20-11-2011, 11:23.

Comment

I've read the change changes to and it looks good, Archer getting auto attack = 5 years to late , but nice to finally see it in there... now only if they remove the cost of base arrows for free(but raise with lvl) and use buyable arrows for WS. LNC and DRG seem to be a crazy SAM/DRG/DRK/DNC combo and Water seems to be missing from the mage jobs atm.

Hopefully in a years time this will be the game it should have been.

Comment

So it seems I'm gonna end up being Bard again lol, and I wen't with a job I thought was totally the opposite, nevermind I'm quite looking forward to it actually, Archer has already been nerfed and is the least desirable DD job for Ifrit, having Bard mixed in will probably improve things.

Comment

Wedge, what's your experience with grind parties? I've had two now and hated both, I must have been ko'd about 30 times at least, enmity is hilariously broken, had a tank, 5 DD, and 2 CNJ.

The path to Mor Dohna also took me about 30 attempts, sticking level 50-90 aggressive mobs in tunnels blocking the path to a rank 34 mission just ain't cool. Got there in the end and the zone is easily my favourite, music is very Lunatic Pandora.

Comment

I find grind parties are good xp but quite often are messy, with agro all over the place, I've had a few though that were good and went smoothly, I actually prefer being a tank in grind parties as you can pull/control the pace but overall it needs balancing, in my opinion it would be better if there was less mobs in the area but with higher HP, as it just gets so hectic with sometimes 5-6 mobs all agroed, mages try and cure and agro all the adds.

One good party I had was with another glad, he would main tank and i'd voke the next add, still was tough at times but seemed to work quite well.
                            Last edited by mikewl; 28-11-2011, 16:22.

Comment

I'm leveling PGL* for this

*MNK

Comment

I think I may come back to this in the New Year after I get my PC back. Had a few issues with it and with all the changes I'm reading feel this game could be really good. I did enjoy it to begin with, but got very tedious.

Only thing I'm worried about is how much has changed and stuff I've missed that I may be really far behind...

Comment

Working...
                                X