Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you guys are about from 6pm to 10pm do you wanna get that pain in the arse quest done today? Was so gutted on that second attempt when we lost at about 5% to go, just wanna get it done with ready for whenever the next quest is available.

I was thinking about setups and War x 3 Whm x 2 Brd x 1 and 2 Mnk would probably be ideal setup, but if we cant get 3 wars, maybe another melee DD that focuses on adds, it was just adds overwhelming us that was the problem.

Comment

Would *love too but going on holiday in the morning so won't be online for the next week. It's quests like this one that make the game so good and bad. The fight itself is pretty fun and tense, much like Garuda, unless you find 7 other, competent, armed to the teeth people that you run with 24/7, you won't get anything done. Playerbase is pants on head retarded in XIV. Even WAR stacking isn't that effective if people are doinitrong.

Ok, Garuda is still 10billion times harder but you get the idea. Doing these was easily the most fun I've had in this game, finding the right people is next to impossible.

*expression may be false
      Last edited by Rep; 29-06-2012, 14:55.

Comment

lol only just!

Got to love "The battle for the battle for the"
        Last edited by Rep; 11-07-2012, 12:12.

Comment

New patch with the final set of quests was released yesterday so we should really lok to getting these finished pre-2.0.

My DRG is 50 now and is probably more useful for United We Stand than MNK as in Leg Sweep and Ring of Talons I have much better AOE attacks.

We could also try this Skirmish thing.

Comment

Looks like i got a lot of catching up to do. will do my best to catch up.

Comment

I wanna finish these missions and try the Skirmish stuff, that's about all until 2.0, speaking of the new trailer is up but its just CG and no gameplay so nothing to get excited about.

Comment

An interesting post on the Lodestone, detailing what content will be unattainable from 2.0 (including unavailable achievements). Something which I've asked for since coming back.

Obviously the seasonal event ones are a lost cause now, but I'd really like to get as many of the others as possible. I've actually already been working on a lot of these (i.e. behest) whilst leveling DRG but it's things like the NM and primal battles that I can't do solo.

Also, it does appear as though none of the L36 quest achievements are included so it looks like the class guild quests will be remaining (which is obviously good news).

Shame about the cutscenes being lost though. Especially the cutscene towards the end of Futures Perfect. Tempted to FRAPs myself a copy of that before it's gone.
                Last edited by C'; 27-07-2012, 17:08.

Comment

It is a shame cutscenes will not all be watchable, there's a few I might fraps too.

I think for the time remaining we definitely could do with everyone that has goals to finish makes a list and we work through it all while we can.

I'd like to finish the main story, get another win on Garuda and try and do these new Skirmish missions.

Comment

Finally some luck, did about 4 moogle runs with Rare and Iceze and firstly it was a very competent party, everyone seemed to be on the ball and secondly I got 3 weapons in a row, the Bow and the Blm staff twice.

Really enjoyed getting back into some event type stuff.

Comment

Will re-sub tomorrow. Some of those achievements are interesting, they're removing the Primal wins, and all the Cutter's Cry, Aurum Vale ones.

Comment

Two primal clears this weekend both on complete opposite ends of the entertainment scale.

Firstly Good King Moggle Mog XII was fantastic. As Wedge said, the group just seemed to nail this completely . Not one moment during any of the four battles did I think we would ever lose. Really enjoyable and already farmed up a bunch of Unmarked Keystones for further attempts.

Ifrit on the other hand was misery. Not too bad for the first half of the fight actually. You have to be on your toes and ready for things but nothing seemed uncontrollable. But after Hellfire I just don't get what you're supposed to do with **** exploding everywhere. Horrible fight.

Still got the achievements winning both so just Garuda left to beat.

One thing that was common between both was my ****ty luck on the rewards. Five lots of dark matter. Even for S-E standards the rate of reward on these fights is ridiculous.

Hopefully we can get some final AF battle clears sorted tonight for people who need.

Comment

Get used to the drop rate on primals, It was about 15 Ifrits before I even saw a Totem, Kupo I've beaten about 20 times, no weapon, Garuda about 10, no weapon on that either. Garuda is 100% drop rate on x2 Head dresses (40 for a weapon) so most groups have them pass to a single person.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                            Two primal clears this weekend both on complete opposite ends of the entertainment scale.

Firstly Good King Moggle Mog XII was fantastic. As Wedge said, the group just seemed to nail this completely . Not one moment during any of the four battles did I think we would ever lose. Really enjoyable and already farmed up a bunch of Unmarked Keystones for further attempts.

Ifrit on the other hand was misery. Not too bad for the first half of the fight actually. You have to be on your toes and ready for things but nothing seemed uncontrollable. But after Hellfire I just don't get what you're supposed to do with **** exploding everywhere. Horrible fight.

Still got the achievements winning both so just Garuda left to beat.

One thing that was common between both was my ****ty luck on the rewards. Five lots of dark matter. Even for S-E standards the rate of reward on these fights is ridiculous.
                            Like I've said before, this game is its own worse enemy, the player-base is just outright ****. You seem absolutely convinced the fights are at fault/poorly designed, when this couldn't be further from the truth. Ifrit is cake, a good group will take it down in under 5 minutes flawlessly, you just have to know when to attack, where to position yourself and how to counter his moves, but people can't do it. Like United we Stand, the only strategy people seem to understand is "run in and spank it". You've seen the difference a good group makes when doing Moogle, I'm sure Wedge will agree that's 10 times harder (and cheaper) than the Ifrit battle.

If you're serious about beating Garuda, you need to be more positive about winning fights, half the stuff you give up before you've even entered. Even a full triple melded expert group will be pushed to their limits when fighting Garuda (you won't believe how bastard hard she is) It's easily the most difficult game content.

We're not going to get anything done without more people in house, even then we need to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                              Ifrit is cake
                              Hmmm, that's strange...

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                              Rawr! After about 20 failed attempts, we finally got a good strategy going, with five wins. Ifrit is nails, CoP 6-4 (2004) nails!

It's almost as it it takes practice and learning what to do instead of newbies knowing exactly what everything means from vague written descriptions on the Internet of plumes, cracks and attack cycles.

The problem I have with Ifrit is I just don't understand what is happening post Hellfire. Like I'm literally looking at my HP bar and one minute I'm fine and the next I've died as things explode around me.

Your comment about the difference in the Moogle fights is valid because even though the two runs last night were painful and made me want to take a screwdriver to my brain, I could totally get what was going wrong. The tank sucked (in the second phase in both fights they never aggroed all mobs so I spent the first few kills being pummeled by the PLD moogle as well as the one we were fighting) and I was being expected to tank on a DD class. I'm surprised I didn't die more than I did.

Ifrit, I just don't understand at all.
                              Last edited by C'; 31-07-2012, 07:28.

Comment

Here's a better one, and I wouldn't even consider this a good run, we had two very weak people in the party. We tried killed him so fast once (2mins) he dropped the nails and did Hellfire instantly as a failsafe for instant 9999. and yes, I always wondered when that CoP comment would catch up with me Ifrit will just click, when it does you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

We can try again later, new Teamspeak server is up too for now people will have to use "manchester1.teamspeak.net:14238" PW: "NTSC" until the DNS updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X