Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to do a Cutter's Cry last night, would be up for it again this evening. Amazing log in screen :O Impact will be on the 11th then (17 days).
    Last edited by Rep; 25-10-2012, 11:16.

Comment

A preview of the customization options available for creating your own unique hero.http://sqex.to/XGs

New Char Creation, looks good.

Comment

プロデューサ/ディレクタの吉田です。

明日の朝行われる最終セーブメンテナンス以降、現行FFXIVは「最終段階」に突入します。
        天候変化ももう一段階進みますので、ぜひ最後の10日間にもご参加ください
        A forum post by Yoshi-P, basically saying, After tomorrow?s final save maintenance, the current version of FFXIV will enter its final stage. The weather will be altered even further, so I urge you to participate in these final 10 days!

Comment

Got back from that there London last night after attending Distant Worlds on Friday. An amazing concert that I'd fully recommend to any fans of Final Fantasy music.

Tried to go into it with no expectations in case I'd end up disappointed but came away so hyped by what they performed. Lots of fan favourites like Battle with the Four Fiends (FFIV), Don't Be Afraid (FFVIII) and You're Not Alone (FFIX) which actually got a much bigger cheer than I expected (although it is one of XI's best tracks).

Never forgotten!

XI was represented well. Choc-a-bye Baby was including in the wonderful Chocobo Medley 2012 then we got an amazing medley of all 4 Vana'diel March tracks (titled Procession of Heroes).

Obviously XIV was represented too:

And it was possibly my personal highlight - Answers.

What was interesting was that the video montage that played during this included not only clips from current XIV, but also had footage that appeared to be from A Realm Reborn (including a battle with Titan).

The only possible disappointment was that I really wanted to hear them perform Battle on the Big Bridge (from V) but we got Main Theme from that game...

...until right near the end when it was included in a battle theme medley along with Seymour Battle (FFX) and Those Who Fight (VII).

Jaw hit the floor!

Me and Rep each go 10 3DX Street Passes at the concert, eight of which had their most recent game played as Theathrythm: Final Fantasy which seems oddly appropriate.

We've already decided that should the concert return next year we're going back and more of the linkshell should come with if they're interested.
          Last edited by C'; 05-11-2012, 14:17.

Comment

Answers was something else, Calloway gets a standing ovation before the end of the song, you can see Arnie Roth pause. Awesome stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post

We've already decided that should the concert return next year we're going back and more of the linkshell should come with if they're interested.
              Well it's the only venue which sells out, so I'd be very surprised if they don't return for a 3rd year at least. I too recommend going if you have yet to do so, and arrange something beforehand so that the opportunity to bask in my dazzling brilliance is not missed! It feels weird going to concerts by yourself, but I wasn't going to not go just because I have practically no mates who are keen on the series.

Comment

How is the ole'14 ver2 doing, not followed anything about it for ages and would likely get ps3 this time to avoid what ulitmately killed it for me early on with the lockups and disconnects.

XI much the same, dwindling population, a cycle of nerf hammers(while not addressing the issues that caused them) and half arsed revamps of old events till they pull the finger out for the expansion.

Comment

The current version of XIV ends at 8am on Sunday morning when Dalamud is scheduled to impact. The final server save (i.e. the versions of our characters that will transfer over to 2.0) actually occured last Wednesday and the game currently is just a massive live event with imperials invading the cities and high level mobs everywhere.

2.0's alpha test is currently underway (Japan only at present) so we likely have a few months to go yet until the final game is released.

Comment

lol I just got Holy Shield by examining the inn bed.

They actually did it. Free relics (which won't carry over obviously).

Shame I haven't got PLD at 50.

Comment

lol you called that on Friday night. People on Guildwork getting allsorts, apparently log out for 30 mins, to try for another one.

Comment

Gridania

Comment

Double post
                          Last edited by Rep; 08-11-2012, 13:07.

Comment

Triple post
                            Last edited by Rep; 08-11-2012, 13:07.

Comment

Leaders of the Eorzean Alliance have issued a clarion call, petitioning all able adventurers to lend their strength to the battle that will determine the fate of the realm.

In order to rally the greatest possible number of adventurers for the final reckoning, the game will be opened to all FINAL FANTASY XIV Service Account holders between Thursday, November 8, 2012, at midnight and Sunday, November 11, 2012, at the same hour (PST). You will be able to log in* during this time regardless of your subscription status.
                              * With the exception of The Lodestone and the official forums.
                              * Any progress made will not carry over to A Realm Reborn.

Adventurers of all races, origins, and creeds. Let it be known that the forces of the Eorzean Alliance, formed of the combined might of Limsa Lominsa, Ul’dah, and Gridania, have presently left the wilds of Thanalan en route to the Carteneau Flats, there to engage in a decisive confrontation with the VIIth Imperial Legion of the Garlean Empire.

Yet this battle is but the means to an end, for the preservation of the realm from Dalamud is our true objective. Joining our host in the capacity of military tactician is Archon Louisoix, who shall helm the last-ditch effort to repel the descending lesser moon. To ensure the success of this mission—and the continued survival of all life upon Eorzea—it is imperative that the Garlean interlopers are put to rout.

Be fairly warned that the enemy is no less determined than we. Resolved to hold its ground, the VIIth Imperial Legion has reportedly summoned reinforcements from Castrum Novum in a move to consolidate its defenses. Should troops from the imperial stronghold be permitted to join the fray, our cause would be dealt a grievous blow. As such, we have dire need of courageous souls who would meet the auxiliary Garlean force in southern Mor Dhona and prevent its merging with the main host.

Our beloved Eorzea lies upon the brink of destruction, and she needs all of her champions to rise to her aid. And so we beseech you, the adventurers of the realm, to gather your strength! Join the battle, and fight to reforge the fate of Eorzea!

Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn
                              Chief Admiral, The Maelstrom

Raubahn Aldynn
                              Flame General, The Immortal Flames

Kan-E-Senna
                              Elder Seedseer, The Order of the Twin Adder

Hour of Reckoning
                              Saturday, November 10, 2012, at 10:00 p.m. – Sunday, November 11, 2012, at midnight (PST)
                              Place of Reckoning
                              Brittlebark, Mor Dhona

Comment

What time does it start for us, I'll try and get on for the Hour of Reckoning.

Comment

Working...
                                X