X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

login screen is back up, hopefully can get back in

Comment

I'm by the chocobo at teh moment. Still haven't seen any weather changes. Bit worried about that.

Comment

I just got up so decided to give it a try and it won't launch telling me its not a valid win32 application...

Well apparently the fix is to reinstall the program in another directory -_-

I just wish installation didn't take as long as it takes.
        Last edited by shafropuff; 22-09-2010, 05:50.

Comment

Just got up gonna have it a lash in a few. Wedge you gonna keep the OP updated with names?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
            Just got up gonna have it a lash in a few. Wedge you gonna keep the OP updated with names?
            I will indeed

Comment

Made my character this morning and completed the prologue quest. I have started in Limsa Lominsa.

Character name is Rare Mihgero (slight clue to my race in my revised surname) and I've gone with Pugilist.

From what I played so far (not in massively populated areas admittedly) it seems to run much smoother than the beta did.

Also, can confirm that he Hermes' Shoes were in my inventory immediately upon logging in. Couldn't see any indication on the item description in the inventory list that they gave Movement Speed+12% but upon equipping I did get a Quickening effect so they do work.
              Last edited by C'; 22-09-2010, 07:46.

Comment

How are you guys controlling this? I always played 11 on kb but this a awful as you cant use the arrow keys for the cam. 360 pads work ok?

btw started same town as you rare.

Comment

How are you guys controlling this? I always played 11 on kb but this a awful as you cant use the arrow keys for the cam. 360 pads work ok?
                  I used a 360 Pad in the beta and it worked great (although I always used a PS2 pad in XI).

Comment

Can you move the cam around with that analogs? or is it the same issue as 11 do you know?

Comment

btw started same town as you rare.
                      I'm the same as you. I was a dedicated keyboard player in XI (it just felt right to me from the start) but it's a mess in this, and I agree with you, it's because the game hasn't mapped camera controls to the cursor keys.

Seems they are trying to emulate a dual stick setup on keyboard with WASD and IJKL.

I've had to switch to a 360 pad (I've had one of these for years) and it feels good but it still annoys me that I have to put the pad down to type.

Can you move the cam around with that analogs? or is it the same issue as 11 do you know?
                      Yes. I use left stick for character movement, right stick for camera and d-pad for menu selections. The manual has a recommended button layout that I just copied.
                      Last edited by C'; 22-09-2010, 07:52.

Comment

Thanks! I have one of the same things gonna dig it out.

Comment

OMFG yesterday I left it on install and went out then came home and updated the game. I just reinstalled it and it works fine now but damn it took over an hour and a half to get it installed and it doesn't even seem like the disc content was that compressed...

Eitherway I have it running now and I'm glad... just a shame I'm baby sitting for my sister >_<

Might as well wait till I've picked up a mini HDMI before I start playing.

Comment

I was on until about 5am with mikewl this morning. He set up a temporary linkshell until Rep is on and can set up the permanent one. We also did a run to all the cities. I'm just logging on in about 10 minutes. I'll see if I can tell you guys when I'm on other sides of the world and can give you temporary linkpearls.

Comment

Also, my name Elaniel Losalair is confirmed for retail.

BTW: Anyone getting one of these:

I'm on at the moment. Where are you guys so I can hand out the pearls?
                              Last edited by elaniel; 22-09-2010, 09:21.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                                That's vile I'll stick with my Dualshock 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X