Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So stay on Gungnir? I hope I can re-do my character then as I don't like the look of him from what I see on Lodestone. What was I thinking?

Think I was about level 21. Will my character be at the same place as I previously left him? Have no idea where that is, mind. I take it missions will be different too? Obviously won't have to go through the tutorials again.

Comment

It's hard to say, people have blown the server jump way out of proportion, there are reports of some being full now. Everything could have have stayed the way it was, as it stands there are no issues with lag, every action and menu is instant, even the stuff that people are ramming at the moment. I'd be surprised if any English speaking people left on Gungnir come Release though.

Best thing to do for Beta sake is change the server to Gungnir on the character select screen and see if he pops up. If he does and you get on, send me a tell in game (Repp Penney).

Comment

General attitude seems to be move to a server of your region. I'm guessing lag isn't much of a problem for most people in the UK any more and it's more to do with play time or language.

As Rep says though English speaking people are likely to become a rarity on our server. Doesn't make much sense to stay unless you have LS commitments, none EU friends staying or play in a none EU playtime.

I'm going to try out Rag (if it's not full) I know people there and with baby tickle on the way I can't see me playing late nights like I used to with USA players. EU prime time play should make stuff easier.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
          So stay on Gungnir? I hope I can re-do my character then as I don't like the look of him from what I see on Lodestone. What was I thinking?
          I'm in exactly the same position dude! Doesn't look like there is any option to change / start again on Gungnir at this time.

Comment

I'm a bit stuck as well. I want to play with people on roughly my time-zone (JP) but really, what's the point if I'm not going to be caning it like the old days? I might as well just stick it out on an EU realm and play casually with my own kind.

Anyway. Lvl7 now.

It's basically just WoW, skinned with a FF theme and minus some bits.
            Last edited by dataDave; 21-06-2013, 18:55.

Comment

I'm on moogle. I think I'll delete my original character.

Comment

Missed it again this weekend, been away all weekend. Will try and get some play in next weekend!

Comment

Lvl.11 now.

It's alright, if very basic. I think I'll dip in for 2-3 months and see how the community pans out.

When does the beta go down?

Comment

They don't announce what's happening next until a few days after the current test ends.

Comment

Runs until tomorrow at 9am, or 5pm for me.

I'm eager to explore a bit more of the world as I'm bored with Gridania's music now.

Comment

What characters do we all have? The one I started way back in whenever I played briefly (Daragon Bismarck) is around on Gugnir. Very pissed off that they've nerfed my hermes shoes though. I bought the CE for that POS version one, I supported the game in its dark time by doing so - my ingame item should remain as it was and provide a movement speed boost, not a crappy old "increases sprint duration while in a city"

-_-

Comment

Hmmm I assumed they were rendered completely useless... I noticed that when I created a new character all the original bonus items (Asuran Armguards, Onion Helm and Garlond Goggles) were given to me via moogle delivery but Hermes Shoes weren't.

Comment

With regards to the world transfer I'd like to put forward Excalibur - a few rl friends are moving there, it's na/eu.

Comment

Excalibur looks like a good contender for Beyond Galleon as well - we are currently operating out of http://www.phoenixrisingffxiv.enjin.com - I URL is going to be changed shortly but that's our Forum atm!

I really enjoyed playing with all you guys and would be happy to have you all aboard if you wanted - obviously you guys can do whatever you want but I would certainly welcome you all in if you wished to have a shell.

Comment

What are the other server options you guys are thinking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X