Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wandering Minstrel will also unlock the action for your class that you would get for completing the L30 guild quest (i.e. Demolish for PGL, Cure II for CNJ etc.) if your character is higher than that level and you have cleared the L15 class quest (which is as far as they go this phase).
    Last edited by C'; 23-06-2013, 18:04.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Can you all make up your minds before phase 4 please?

I got to lvl15 on Lancer, looking forward to next week. I was thinking about changing to something else, but how does that work? If I change to lvl1 in something else how am I going to level it up after all the quests have done? Guild quests and leves alone?
      Sadly I've gone against the grain and submitted Ragnarok.

Comment

From what I understand you can change your mind, was hoping everyone would go to the same server.

My other Linkshells all seem to be going to Hyperion, really wish our server was just one of the NA/EU ones now.

Comment

I submitted my transfer request for Excalibur on Saturday too. I have no particular reason to want to stay or move to any particular server so I am happy to go with the majority.

Comment

Alright people what server are we all pitching up on and does your final beta character carry over?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
              Alright people what server are we all pitching up on and does your final beta character carry over?
              I requested Excalibur which seems to be the popular choice. I think that can only be done if you have a v1 character and at present you can't create a beta character on any of the legacy servers (including Excalibur). Not sure if the final beta carries over.

Comment

Characters created for the phase 3 beta will be deleted once this phase ends. Any progress made on legacy characters will also be wiped at the end of this phase.

S-E have said that they will not delete characters/progress from the phase 4 beta provided there is no unforeseen circumstances that require them to do so. So if you want to be on the same server as other people you need to ensure you create a character on the correct server during phase 4 (most of us are going to Excalibur, some have chosen Ragnarok which S-E have said is the "dedicated" EU legacy server but is still hosted in North America) . Legacy characters cannot request a world transfer to new servers (at this time) but I don't think new players will be prevented from creating new characters on old worlds.

Comment

Indeed Rarehero - the only problem I foreseen at the moment is that if Excalibur goes the way of the Japanese Masamune/Aegis Servers and is fulled filled then no New 2.0 or PS3 players will be able to join at Launch which is a big problem for Galleon at least.

I have Temporarily set myself of Excalibur but I'm pretty torn between that Hyperion and Ragnarok (I believe they have officially re-designated Ragnarok back to NA/EU again).

Comment

Well Ragnarok would keep all the Bordersdown folk together as well so that would appear to be the best option for us.

Comment

Not sure what the attraction to Ragnarok is, there's no bugger on it.

It had a bad rep in V1, and that probably won't change anytime soon.

Comment

A Valid Concern Rep - but I personally don't want to end up on another Selbina like in 1.0 where new people are prevented from joining because the Server is filled!

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                          Not sure what the attraction to Ragnarok is, there's no bugger on it.

It had a bad rep in V1, and that probably won't change anytime soon.
                          It did have bad rep but its the typical English not liking French and German's attitude that's always banded about.

Its not an attraction its the designated server for EU. When all the new EU people come to start playing you would imagine that they would select the world that says *Recommended for EU players. Which when playing EU prime time is going to be a most busy time. (Hence my reason for wanting to be there)

Server population could be low for all care just as long as its busy prime time.

As it stands now I can totally understand why it only has 1 star. Most of the players playing now are V1 players even though public access has started. It will be all organized LSs who want to be away from all the new players or moved from a Japan Data Center. It's not likley to change until retail release or at least beta 4.

Wasnt Rag introduced late into V1's time for EU so has always had one star anyway?

Like Bayan said I really don't want to end up on a full server come launch, it would just be full of people who are all very organised from V1 and leave less opportunities for the rest of us. A slower, populated pace with new players would suit much better in my opinion.

Hyperion would get my vote before Excal. Rag > Hyperion > Excal for me as it stands.

edit

Saying all that, SE's descriptions are crap.

Relatively uncrowded, Relatively crowded, Crowded. None of us even know % wise how full any of these mean. I'd guess something like 40%, 60%, 80% full? But who knows.

How many players per server?
                          Last edited by djtickle; 25-06-2013, 13:44.

Comment

Seems like Ragnarok is the way forward just having read through stuff, personally I'd prefer JP / EU but NA/ EU would do.

Shame we seem to have got split, not sure Excalibur is the way forward. Excalibur will be a load of the old v1 players in established shells and all the new players elsewhere. I’d prefer to be on a server with a fresh population I think. Is it too late for people to move and actually get everyone together, server population counts for squat if it’s not your time zone or the community isn’t open.

Comment

Get on Rag Tal, who else am I going to do stuff with once the baby is in bed

Comment

/ lol will have to sync baby bed times!

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                                Is it too late for people to move and actually get everyone together.
                                Nope, we can select for a while yet.

Also here is the page for transfer Tsing for your char.

Think we have until the 15th July?
                                Last edited by djtickle; 25-06-2013, 14:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X