Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On reflection both Bayan and Dj make good points. Having played through initial release, most of the European players had already got to know each other, I could make a huge list of UK folk on Gungnir that I got to know during the first 18 months or so (as I'm sure Wedge could too). If Ragnarok could do the same thing that would great, however to any new comers there's nothing to really separate it from the other 5 "NA/EU" servers, it doesn't specifically state European only.

I've been against this server separation since it was announced though, there's not really any valid reason for it, I would love to stay on Gungnir. These well established communities have all been broken up, having to weigh up which server I wanted to move too isn't something anyone should have to do really.

With regards to Ragnarok, it'll be great for a few hours in the evening, that's fine if it's all you need, but anyone who's played FFXI will know it's dead outside of those hours. As Tsing said JP/EU would have been far more beneficial for us. I liked JP, they would publicly shout for 5 chest CC/AV Runs, or Garuda (and win), something NA never did.

In terms of population you'd be surprised the difference it would make, when Mysidia and Istory were merged too become Gungnir, it exploded with activity overnight.

Currently it does seem like two communities though, Legacy and A Realm Reborn, mixing the two doesn't seem to be a priority.
    Last edited by Rep; 25-06-2013, 14:43.

Comment

They do mention about it being recommended in the transfer email they sent out. Hopefully they will punt this more come release and maybe put it in game. Its stupid just to say it to current players, surely they have to get this communication to new players out some how.

Comment

I'm good with either / any server but am hoping that we can all go to the same one. Will update my application to Ragnarok and monitor the situation here!

Comment

I demand they rename Ragnarok as Seraph!

In other news anyone have a decent multi-machine AV solution, just bought another 2 servers for the house and running Norton on them is getting pricey.

Comment

Well I'll chime in and say I'd be alot happier if we can just all settle on the same server, fact is most of us who played V1 will be starting a new job to go through the main storyline anyway so at the beginning we'll all be playing it mostly the same way and will be able to go through and help each other, I certainly wont be rushing just to start doing end game stuff.

Personally Hyperion would give best continuity for us V1 players as far as in game community but I'm ok with anywhere, though seeing as Excalibur is already crowded it would suck for new players to end up being locked out of the server.

Comment

I've not actually played with anyone here and most people I've played with in the past just vanish or I end up getting shunned and kicked off LSs because I'm not on hourly...

Anyway I've gone ahead with Ragnarok as the points made are pretty valid. I'm not that high a level so it'd be nice to not be the only one.

Comment

I'll go wherever Rep, Wedge and Apa end up.

I'm not expecting anyone else to be playing the game 2 weeks beyond launch anyway.

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                Shame we seem to have got split, not sure Excalibur is the way forward. Excalibur will be a load of the old v1 players in established shells and all the new players elsewhere. I’d prefer to be on a server with a fresh population I think. Is it too late for people to move and actually get everyone together, server population counts for squat if it’s not your time zone or the community isn’t open.
                It's worth pointing out that 1.0 players are prevented from moving their characters to the new servers. They can only transfer to one of the other legacy servers if they want to move. Ragnarok is an old server and will likely still have the established linkshells and old players.

Legacy Servers = Open to legacy and new players.

New Servers = New players only.
                Last edited by C'; 25-06-2013, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                  I demand they rename Ragnarok as Seraph!

In other news anyone have a decent multi-machine AV solution, just bought another 2 servers for the house and running Norton on them is getting pricey.
                  Just wrote a massive load on AV as in audio video lol after reading it proper I see you mean anti virus lol

On the server note, glad more have selected Rag. Be cool to have us all together.
                  Last edited by djtickle; 25-06-2013, 16:35.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                    I'll go wherever Rep, Wedge and Apa end up.

I'm not expecting anyone else to be playing the game 2 weeks beyond launch anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayani Tenzen View Post
                      Agreed. Haha

Comment

Me and Apa discussed possibilities last week, and we felt Excalibur was the best for us personally, for me I still do, I doubt he'll want to change his mind either. Best of luck to Ragnarok folks but I won't be moving there. What Rare says might sound harsh, but let's be honest, it's probably true given the amount of times we rebuilt during V1, and who stuck around. I think Dara was the only person I saw last weekend.
                        Last edited by Rep; 25-06-2013, 16:49.

Comment

Still don't see why the best server is not just the one that we are all on, its just a server name afterall.

Comment

Gungnir is the bestest server ever.

Comment

Is Gungnir Mysidia or Istory? I don't remember.

Comment

Actually seriously, if it came down to staying on Gungnir, I wouldn't be bothered at all.

Playing at the weekend, it was kind of nice seeing a bunch of familiar names again. Like slipping back into a comfy pair of slippers you'd lost in the under stairs cupboard for six months. Okay they weren't people who I'd added to my BFF list or regularly completed end game events with. But they were the guys you remembered responding to your AF fight shouts or were willing to go into an Ifrit fight with a MNK or 2 instead of an army of BLM and a THM for Raise.

It felt nice to get a /wave from a player who I only partied with once shortly before the servers were ended and got chatting about what we thought of the new game.

Comment

Working...
                                X