Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I'll be splitting my time between two characters I guess. Gone ahead and put one of my alts on Ragnarok, its only leveled a bit but something to start with.

Also don't see why Ragnarok is a good choice, one star population and will be heavily french/german, I don't think many English speaking players used it before.
    Last edited by mikewl; 25-06-2013, 17:28.

Comment

As much as staying put would be nice, staying on a server that might become Japanese dominant isn't much use years down the line. EU people drop from a game before JP and NA.

Which is why I also thought Rag might end up being the best bet if SE keep the line in saying recommended for EU. Other servers might become USA dominant.

The star rating doesn't bother me as much a peak time does.

I think Apa said he had friends or a LS he knew moving there so that's the best for him as it gives him a leg up to start. Sounds like that might be the same for Rep which is fair enough.

Last time I played 11 it was very hard to do anything eu as it was timeline of players was NA. I tried moving servers and it just sucked, I might as well have started again. I don't want to risk that this time when I plan to invest in this game.

Having room for new players is important.

Hyperion seems a better choice to me than Excalibur. But if people have commitments that's fair enough also.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
        Also don't see why Ragnarok is a good choice, one star population and will be heavily french/german, I don't think many English speaking players used it before.
        Especially when the Duty Finder function (allowing people from different servers to group together automatically for instanced content) should solve the problem of lack of active population at certain times (if ever).

Comment

Only **** canned v1 because it was basically total wank, expect to play this like FFXI - though a lot less time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
            Only **** canned v1 because it was basically total wank, expect to play this like FFXI - though a lot less time.
            It was. It was good at the end though.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
              Still don't see why the best server is not just the one that we are all on, its just a server name afterall.
              This. Will wait patiently to see what the majority do. I spent a little time on Gungnir and Moogle at the weekend and didn't see anyone I knew on either server.

Comment

I do agree. It's just when we get to that endgame point and we need more people. Most people on here who played 11 was in AaD at some point and that was in main French speaking English.

Comment

Yup going Ragnarok and assume that most of Rargh will be there and we'll go do what we always did, not everyone played end game anyway as I remember.

Comment

The Best Part of FFXIV End Game at least is that the Majority of it will only require 8 People for Primals/Dungeons

Comment

Be good to play together again B, been a long time!

Comment

Indeed Tsing I hope it works out - trying to organise the Galleon/BtL Migration as well at the moment - **** is stressful

Comment

Shame after all that talk we still a Rag / Exal split. doh

Comment

You still been playing with BtL, I pretty much retired from FFXI life once SoU split / collapsed around Tigues paranoia. Be good to see all the old faces again, still remember finishing my brown belt with you a long time back to buy a Haubie in the days of hyper inflation. Thinking of starting out as a lancer this time round though probably go tank again in the end

Comment

Well at the moment we have Akira, Baudan, Miypi, Cadal, Damnificus, Ikas, Hyjynx, Lothan, Elira, Melbell, Slag, Senor, Spops, Wooggie, Zanzabar, Zeroth, Cerviel, Fraxinus, Abaddon, Clalin, Linxer, Leelya, Jester, Gandalf and lots of others coming back soon

Comment

Lot of names there I recognise though I was never part of BtL, their play times were never near mine. Seem to remember doing KV a few times with them outside SoUs hours when we too low man to deal with.

Put the application in to move Tsing to Ragnarok (Tsingtao Seraphite), they wouldn’t let me have Seraph at the time as thanks to the massive skill of the dev team they’d locked server world names unless you came from that server but has already **** canned Seraph L

Given that I never really used Tsing though think he’s still level 1, I think I will recreate and go from scratch unless there’s any bonuses from him. I just couldn’t stomach XIV v1 the mess they made of the basic game design made it to painful to play for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X