Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
    Lot of names there I recognise though I was never part of BtL, their play times were never near mine. Seem to remember doing KV a few times with them outside SoUs hours when we too low man to deal with.

Put the application in to move Tsing to Ragnarok (Tsingtao Seraphite), they wouldn?t let me have Seraph at the time as thanks to the massive skill of the dev team they?d locked server world names unless you came from that server but has already **** canned Seraph L

Given that I never really used Tsing though think he?s still level 1, I think I will recreate and go from scratch unless there?s any bonuses from him. I just couldn?t stomach XIV v1 the mess they made of the basic game design made it to painful to play for me.
    Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
      What Rare says might sound harsh, but let's be honest, it's probably true given the amount of times we rebuilt during V1, and who stuck around. I think Dara was the only person I saw last weekend.
      Why don't we all just start fresh at lvl1 on a brand-spanker? That way people will play longer than two weeks.

Isn't everything re-built? Won't people want to go through the new leveling experience?

I want it to be like the X360 beta of XI again. A huge scrummage of people in the starting zones... and then when you see someone with an advanced job run past (or in this case a job over a class) you literally jizz right there.

Also, is it right in thinking that the EU servers will be dead for me considering I'll be playing eight hours ahead of everyone? I won't bother if that's the case. This beta is quite nice at the minute.
      Last edited by dataDave; 26-06-2013, 11:34.

Comment

From what I've been here Ragnarok is a pretty dead Server at the moment - people have been leaving or not playing on it at all. I know that Ridill was filled with people this Beta Weekend but it's still going to be a JP Server

Comment

Looking forward to the Beta weekend will find a few hours to have a play, need this on PS3 as well - anywhere taking pre-orders yet? Look on the Brightside if it's quiet camping should be simple and does no one remember the hell of not being able to find a single low level mob to level on when FFXI was first out in NA.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Why don't we all just start fresh at lvl1 on a brand-spanker? That way people will play longer than two weeks.

Isn't everything re-built? Won't people want to go through the new leveling experience?

I want it to be like the X360 beta of XI again. A huge scrummage of people in the starting zones... and then when you see someone with an advanced job run past (or in this case a job over a class) you literally jizz right there.

Also, is it right in thinking that the EU servers will be dead for me considering I'll be playing eight hours ahead of everyone? I won't bother if that's the case. This beta is quite nice at the minute.
            We getting 2 new jobs! Plus not sure anyone from here hit 50 on everything in V1 so everyone will have something to work on. Its going to be like when they released BLU was it on 11? 5 BLU's and 1 PLD in a party!!

Going to create a char on Rag this weekend and have a go.

Oh and Tsing pre-orders here

PS3 - http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/...ion-with-early

PC - http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/...ion-with-early

PS4 - http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/...a-realm-reborn

Really hoping that the PS4 version is going to be a special edition and that's just a place holder on shopto.
            Last edited by djtickle; 26-06-2013, 11:41.

Comment

I'm on Moogle, and ill probably stay there! Me and the missus are both playing the beta at the moment on 2 ps3's side by side and we are loving it.

The only problem is is ridiculous difficulty of the THM quests, but we made it through after much pain. Not looking forward to having to watch her go through that again- I hope they tone it down, you shouldn't be fired to level up a conjuror just to get cure and protect to make it trough a class specific quest.

Just got to the point where it's forcing us into party's to do dungeons, we shall see how that goes!
              Last edited by MrKirov; 26-06-2013, 12:07.

Comment

One of Version 1's strongest points was the boss difficulty, United we Stand, White Raven, Garuda, Ifrit Extreme, and to a lesser extent Good King Moggie Mog. I believe either Yoshi or the battle director wanted to put in an un-winnable fight at one point, but they weren't allowed Raven (Hard) is about as close to unbeatable as it got. The last Live letter implied they won't be backing down on difficulty, so those class quests from the beta will just be warm-ups

Comment

My mate did the lvl15 THM one on lvl14, he said in the end he just had to cure, cure, stone, cure, cure, stone and repeat... saving his potion for the big hit recovery (can't remember what the boss move is called).

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                    Look on the Brightside if it's quiet camping should be simple and does no one remember the hell of not being able to find a single low level mob to level on when FFXI was first out in NA.
                    Most mobs re-pop within seconds, and NM re-pops were every 5th minute, no placeholder or lottery.

Because I've put 2 years into Repp for one We're getting one new class (Arcanist) and two new jobs (Summoner and Scholar), although due to the way class>job/Armoury is designed, they all count as a single (both Summoner and Scholar are extensions of Arcanist), I'll be putting that one through the new content.
                    Last edited by Rep; 26-06-2013, 12:30.

Comment

My mate did the lvl15 THM one on lvl14, he said in the end he just had to cure, cure, stone, cure, cure, stone and repeat... saving his potion for the big hit recovery (can't remember what the boss move is called).
                      I haven't used my 50 THM/BLM yet for ARR but from what Rare was telling me they've changed how it works, I think he went into detail a few pages back, Stone is a CNJ spell not a THM one, my guess is it will be weaker than the Thunders, Fires and Blizzards THM are given. On CNJ Aero is a pure DoT spell while Stone is pure damage and Fluid Aura (Water) is just plain awesome, not sure if THM has something similar.

Comment

THM has nothing only at lvl 15/16 mind, but no type of defensive spell or buff at all, only pure damage and transpose/surecast.

With the potion cool down being so long, as well as the antidote cool down, it was a nightmare. The gargoyle uses poison randomly, and you could be hit again with it instantly and no way to counter it. Lasted thirty seconds too so you had nowhere near enough HP to survive even one!

Had to win by spamming sleep and running away :/

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                          THM has nothing only at lvl 15/16 mind, but no type of defensive spell or buff at all, only pure damage and transpose/surecast.

With the potion cool down being so long, as well as the antidote cool down, it was a nightmare. The gargoyle uses poison randomly, and you could be hit again with it instantly and no way to counter it. Lasted thirty seconds too so you had nowhere near enough HP to survive even one!

Had to win by spamming sleep and running away :/
                          Oh THAT one, are you sure that's a class quest? For Gridania It's called "To Guard a Guardian", If the second half is where

The Masked Mage summons a Demon, might be Blanga or something

that's an awesome fight, I failed the first time because

I attacked the Mage

you're given Antidotes as a reward in the previous quest. That's definitely storyline though and not class.

The last live letter mentioned it would get much harder after that one, that would be the last easy one, or words to that effect.
                          Last edited by Rep; 26-06-2013, 12:58.

Comment

It was called "duty, honour,country" and yeah it was a story quest, but awfully balanced against a THM.

The class one causing problems was a different one, can't recall the name. But you had a Mage and a lancer chasing you, then loads of archers periodically spawning in. I have no clue how anyone would pass that without a cure and protect spell :/

Especially since the archers spawned in are the ones you have to avoid to get to the battle. You can kill the first two as they are single opponents, but there are a few bunched together which you have to fight all as one, so you're pretty much forced to sleep then and run past- but then they come back plus more of them in the actual battle.
                            Last edited by MrKirov; 26-06-2013, 13:04.

Comment

All the Servers are EU/NA so you will have all the NA to play with

Comment

It's a shame they've chosen to regionalise the servers, I thought the mix was one of the charms of FFXI. Plus I got far more done with JP players in end game than EU / NA but that was down to my play times as much as anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X