Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Quest battles - http://youtu.be/IODe9JBUzis?t=36m8s

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
      Anyone got a bit of spare cash aside?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FFXIV-Offi...item257f8bd987
      Anyone want to chip-in? So long as I can have it on Saturday's.

Comment

Will also make a character on Ragnarok this weekend and see what its like as far as population and language.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
          Will also make a character on Ragnarok this weekend and see what its like as far as population and language.
          Can you make new/beta characters on Legacy servers? I thought this had already been discussed.

Comment

Not sure, I'll give it a go though. I thought the only restriction was moving a V1 character to a brand new server.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Why don't we all just start fresh at lvl1 on a brand-spanker?

That's a no.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                It was called "duty, honour,country" and yeah it was a story quest, but awfully balanced against a THM.

The class one causing problems was a different one, can't recall the name. But you had a Mage and a lancer chasing you, then loads of archers periodically spawning in. I have no clue how anyone would pass that without a cure and protect spell :/

Especially since the archers spawned in are the ones you have to avoid to get to the battle. You can kill the first two as they are single opponents, but there are a few bunched together which you have to fight all as one, so you're pretty much forced to sleep then and run past- but then they come back plus more of them in the actual battle.
                I never got up to the THM 15 quest but I've done the PGL, LNC, ARC and CNJ quests at that level now. One thing I noticed in the non-CNJ ones (i.e. the classes without Cure) was that there was NPC characters in the fight pretty much curing me non-stop if I stayed in casting range. Was there anything like that for THM?

EDIT - Actually I've just remembered, only PGL had an NPC that was curing. LNC and ARC were fights that had a load of mobs with one specific target to complete it. In those I had to basically pick off one or two of the mobs at a time, until only the main boss was left. Whenever I tried to pull the boss seperately I'd always get at least one link and would die as I couldn't cure back the damage quick enough.

I'm actually tempted to finish THM to 15 on my Moogle character just to try this fight out and see for myself. I like hard battles.

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                Most mobs re-pop within seconds, and NM re-pops were every 5th minute, no placeholder or lottery.
                Are roaming NMs even a thing any more with ARR? I've noticed a lot of the old ones that are back are now linked to FATEs and the gear they used to drop is now rewards from the dungeons. Could just be placeholders for the beta though whilst they come up with new rewards.

I really hope the stats on L35+ gear was temporary as suggested too. The AF gear was really unimaginative in terms of stat and I'm going to be pissed if the Vanya Sash I spent millions double melding is no longer equippable by WHM and doesn't have the Cure Potency bonus.
                Last edited by C'; 26-06-2013, 17:11.

Comment

Be interesting to try some of these I remember the limit breaks fights in XI and them supposedly being hard. Be interesting to see how these compare as I only ever lost one Genkai fight and that was my first on PLD not knowing what to expect.

Comment

I did the THM 15 class quest last weekend. Hard as nails as I recall until you know the trick. The first two npcs can be ran past if you time it right. The 2nd two slept from a ledge above them and ran past. Click the urn summons the npc who fights one while the others are slept.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                      I did the THM 15 class quest last weekend. Hard as nails as I recall until you know the trick. The first two npcs can be ran past if you time it right. The 2nd two slept from a ledge above them and ran past. Click the urn summons the npc who fights one while the others are slept.
                      This is spot on, I failed CNJ15, To Guard a Guardian and that Moogle/Bandit/Egg one the first time. If you think you can walk in spank it with a few spells, weaponskills, you'll get punished. I know I did. It's not hard, you just actually have to give the battles some thought and review where you went wrong, the game won't play itself (like most) the win is even more rewarding. V1 Garuda was a prefect example of this, me, Ash, Kepi, Elix, Edge, Bomb and Tezz tried for two hours straight to perfect it before we won, after that we cleared it all night long, until the nerf next day.
                      Last edited by Rep; 26-06-2013, 17:08.

Comment

I think duty honor country was the hardest of the two, if only because we had cure and protect for the second fight.

Comment

Looks like Beyond Galleon will be submitting Excalibur Transfers over the next couple of days whilst we monitor the queues etc...

Comment

People, can we please decide on one server if possible? We seem to have an even split of guys on excalibur and ragnarok.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                              People, can we please decide on one server if possible? We seem to have an even split of guys on excalibur and ragnarok.
                              As much as I would love that to happen its not likely too. People have different reasons to go to Servers. Friends not from here or Linkshells, EU recommended server, time zone peak time, how full a server is etc...

Shame but its the way it is i'm afraid. Just pick what you think will be right for you, nobody will be offended. We always have on here to talk about in game stuff etc.

We have another beta weekend this weekend to check out servers, and the star rating on them might change as we get closer to beta 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X