Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe we should consider Hyperion, if the stars on Excalibur and Ragnarok don't change over the coming weeks?

Comment

Yeah Hyperion would seem a good middle ground, good enough population but plenty of room for others to join later.

Comment

Apa where you at, we're ready for Inferno!

Comment

Can we not pick a server and just stick with it, it's not really that much of a challenge...

Comment

If any of the Moogle players are interested in doing some of the L15 dungeons today post your character names and classes and we can look at putting some runs together.

Generally a good setup is we'll need 1 tank (MRD or GLA), 1 healer (CNJ) and 2 DPS classes (any of the others).

My Moogle character is Zero San (PGL17). I've already completed the first dungeon but don't mind repeating it for other people if needed.

Comment

Thought i'd take a quick look back over the past weeks posts and try and figure out what everyone is thinking of doing. Is this accurate and who am I missing?

Excalibur
              Apa
              Bayan
              Dara
              Moot (tbc)
              Rep
              Rare
              Saburo
              Tal
              Tsing
              Wedge

Ragnarok
              DJ

Unsure?
              DataDave
              Last edited by talizker; 30-06-2013, 17:44.

Comment

Seems about right. Worth noting that Bayan has a large linkshell of people he's also got to take into consideration (who are currently putting Excalibur applications).

A few people on our Gungnir linkshell have also agreed to go to Excalibur. Obviously they are not forum members here but they are players who were active in the game in the run up to the server closure last year and we have to give consideration to those as well when making our own personal decisions on which server to go to.

I think Moot has gone with Excalibur too but not 100% on that.
                Last edited by C'; 29-06-2013, 11:52.

Comment

Saburo will be Excalibur also, he doesn't post here though.

Comment

Just missing DataDave I think.

Of old V1 that don't post here is Weeping Shadow and Crimson Wolf, both sub'd Rag.

Just created a char on Rag to look at how busy it is today. Can't bring myself to move to a 3 Star full server, it just feels like it will cut out to much of the new player base.

Sat in town on Rag and it doesnt feel any less busy than Gungir. Whats interesting is after SE's email yesterday about Aegis and Masa servers being to full they are sat on 3 stars today same as Excalibur which screams out to me that these servers are too full.

Sargatanas, Hyperion or Ragnarok are the only options I feel are viable, which is even putting aside my thoughts on how they could become a NA servers.

If the split stays as is, ill stick with Ragnarok. Its a shame I wont be able to play with you guys but new playerbase and friends being able to join after launch is to important. Seems silly to limit myself to a server full of V1 organised players.

*Quick edit!

Just thought maybe I feel different about it as I only played 6 months and was so far behind many players. Hence new players levels the playing field more. Rather than being on a server full of V1 50s. 3 new jobs won't level this out for long enough.
                    Last edited by djtickle; 29-06-2013, 14:20.

Comment

I only played for around 6 months also DJ and I tend to agree with what you are saying and am still unsure what the best thing to do is. With XI I was behind the US Rargh players for a couple of years, but playing from UK launch did so much of the content with the likes of Darwock, Tsing & Hic who all started at the same time.

Comment

One thing to remember is even though we have alot of lvl 50 classes the game is totally different, doing the lvl 30 dungeon yesterday I had to spend alot of time re-learning how to play Warrior, plus everyones gonna be starting with a new job probably, no point wasting the story xp on a 50.

Plus I don't think anyone is going to be rushing to endgame, there is plenty of stuff on the way to keep us busy.

Will say that 3 star could be a problem if they stop allowing transfers, but thats something we can keep an eye on over the next week or two.

Comment

Actually I just wait and see

Comment

Its not End Game i'm fussed about, its opportunities to do stuff, organised LS's will do it between themselves, where as new players wont. Will keep an eye on the situation.

Comment

I am currently in the Odin server but I assume I can make a character to join another? Also I heard something about star rankings for servers, is this right? I'll happily make a character to join the others in Ragnarok too.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                I am currently in the Odin server but I assume I can make a character to join another? Also I heard something about star rankings for servers, is this right? I'll happily make a character to join the others in Ragnarok too.
                                Its if you have a existing character from V1 you can choose your world here.

Comment

Working...
                                X