Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Square didn't confirm how many weekend's it was running for but before last weekend Several Big Websites were giving out PS3 Beta Keys and they stated that the Beta 3 would run until 14th July. This Kinda makes sense because the Transfer Applications close on Monday 15th July. Also the Phases of this Beta weren't suppose to relate to specific weekend's but to features they were implementing; Phase 1 - PS3 Client, Phase 2 - 1.0 Character Transfer and Phase 3 - Duty Finder..... Duty Finder has been delayed until Beta Part 4.

Comment

But I certainly assumed it was the last one as they sent an email last week stating it was the last beta weekend.

Comment

I wasn't sure where people were getting the information from about the previous weekend being the last for phase 3.

Previous phases have been longer so I presumed we had another two weekends left taking us up to the server transfer application deadline.

Fingers crossed it's back this weekend. I'd like to spend a bit of time with the new crafting system trying to figure it out whilst it's "free".

Comment

Indeed Kirov - it's just weird that certain sites were advertising Keys lasting till the 13th-14th July
          Last edited by Bayani Tenzen; 01-07-2013, 18:41.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
            Found info on BG, yes Excal is going to be the server they move to.
            Not that I'm trying to dig this up again but it's worth noting that although there will be an Order of the Blue Garter Free Company on Excalibur it's not technically the official BG server.

Details here.

Gilgamesh seems to be the "official" BG forum server.

Probably not something to give consideration either way to be honest, but just in case anyone really cared.
            Last edited by C'; 02-07-2013, 19:15.

Comment

Interesting.. It looks like Daeva of War are headed to Hyperion along with several Drama Groups from Ridill and Seraph so kinda glad to be avoiding that Server now.

Comment

A few of us knew an ex-Rargh member who was in DoW. Nice guy really so will be sorry that he'll be on a different server.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                  Not that I'm trying to dig this up again but it's worth noting that although there will be an Order of the Blue Garter Free Company on Excalibur it's not technically the official BG server.

Details here.

Gilgamesh seems to be the "official" BG forum server.

Probably not something to give consideration either way to be honest, but just in case anyone really cared.
                  Yeah saw that today also, seem's they are splitting into about 3 shells across servers. The part I read was about a EU shell so be good for you guys if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                    A few of us knew an ex-Rargh member who was in DoW. Nice guy really so will be sorry that he'll be on a different server.
                    Sorry that was poorly worded because I don't consider DoW a Drama Group themselves, but there were several other small groups moving from Ridill who are know for Egos, Drama and general Ul'dah related friendliness...

DoW themselves are pretty cutting edge in terms of FFXIV and are themselves fighting to be what BG was considered in FFXI; it's interesting to see that their will be two different BG groups - and the old forums are maintained by the now more casual BG group.
                    Last edited by Bayani Tenzen; 02-07-2013, 21:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayani Tenzen View Post
                      Sorry that was poorly worded because I don't consider DoW a Drama Group themselves, but there were several other small groups moving from Ridill who are know for Egos, Drama and general Ul'dah related friendliness...

DoW themselves are pretty cutting edge in terms of FFXIV and are themselves fighting to be what BG was considered in FFXI; it's interesting to see that their will be two different BG groups - and the old forums are maintained by the now more casual BG group.
                      Not saying DoW are bad, far from it, but there were far better shells on Gungnir (qq being one of them), quite a lot of them were pretty average. Doctor Mog and Pro Loco certainly knew there stuff, but the shells image to other servers was bizarre. It took them days to clear Garuda for instance, they evem accused BG of stealing their Garuda strategy on livestream before the servers went down, BG were on hard mode, while DoW were still playing about with the easy version.

They were a shell that got stuff done, and pretty early on the game, but like I said they were pretty average, I'm not even sure if they cleared White Raven (Hard).
                      Last edited by Rep; 03-07-2013, 00:17.

Comment

No idea where people are getting Beta info from, we're only half way through phase 3, and Duty Finder hasn't been delayed.

Letter from the Producer XLVII

Comment

Although testing of the duty finder was scheduled for Test 3, final QA checks of the system are still in progress. Stress testing of the duty finder will be conducted during Test 4 at the earliest.
                          I think it was a direct interpretation of this text that was released prior to weekend 3, Square had said prior to Phase 3 that there would be three parts to this Beta Test. So when they mentioned Test 4 the interpretation was that it was being delayed until Phase 4 where as it would appear they are actually calling this weekend and on wards Test 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                            No idea where people are getting Beta info from, we're only half way through phase 3, and Duty Finder hasn't been delayed.

Letter from the Producer XLVII
                            Good news, I think that sets us for a mid August for the "Early Access". Maybe 1/2 weeks? Would be nice.

Comment

Assuming Phase 3 ends mid-July I think we'll be looking at Phase 4 starting early August with the early-access for Legacy/pre-orders being around 20th August.

Comment

On the beta forums, it's confirmed the next next beta test runs from this Friday but interestingly they've not put an end date like they normally do.

Perhaps a longer test period this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X