Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm level 26 at the minute and the dungeons I've done we're straightforward and not difficult at all. They don't take long, and are just fun. The hardest thing so far we the primal battle with Ifrit. If it continues to be this fun, without it getting ridiculously tough ill be happy. I've got limited time to play and don't want a roadblock every other quest.

For your info mister bubbles, I'm fresh to it and didn't have a V1 character, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Comment

I expect a lot of the "really" hard content will be optional, which was the same with V1.

Comment

That's it, I don't mind to much, but ill attempt it when I want too, rather than being forced to. Right now the game just seems to be fun, and not an endless grindfest. Not once have I had to grind mobs for exp, instead you can focus of your hunting logs/fates and all that jazz.

Very good so far, hoping the full game continues it, and that PS3 issues can be fixed

Comment

Yeah I tried the PS3 version over the weekend and when mixing between that and PC it messed up my mission log. Hope they fix that!

Also want to try out Guildhest, which I haven't had chance to do yet if anyone is interested. I have read its good for exp spam from level 10 upwards as you can rinse and repeat with no wait time or limit.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, XI had some pretty rough fights a lot of the HNM bosses I did though (PW included) you could have weak links in your party and still pass, even CoP (looking at you Touchstone). Skip to XIV Moogle and anything before it, same deal, you could scrap a win with half arsed members. Anything after that and it just wouldn't happen, Ifrit Extreme is a perfect of example, top tier players, with Relics, full on triple tier IV melds who were at the top of their game still had trouble beating it, it took Kupo XIV about three days to get a win. Even the likes of BG couldn't beat White Raven (Hard) in under 10 minutes, they tried for weeks before the server went down. Not just fights too, the 5 chest 17 minute Aurem Vale and Cutter's Cry runs were disgusting hard, so was the Darkhold one, I forgot what the time for that one was. Hell doing them in 25 minutes with 5 chests took a huge amount of skill and practice.
            Last edited by Rep; 08-07-2013, 14:49.

Comment

Speaking of PW, were you part of that 18 hour sickness fest Bayan?

Comment

Problem with XI is that you could with most things just throw numbers at it, and it didn't matter if most people had skills or not. I guess with the new content they have introduced this might not be a problem now? Don't really know. XIV on the other hand did well as all the fights you mentioned are instances so you can't really make the content easier for yourself, your doing it as intended. I don't feel like its a fair comparison.

I do think a lot of these targets are set not to be beat until the game progresses as a whole which is what happened with 11. It was years before AV was beat without cheating. Yes some content is possible with a very well geared and skilled group, but in the main this content is in place to be beaten by the majority down the line when the game progresses. (Higher levels / better gear etc) Which I think is a very good way of keeping people interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                  Speaking of PW, were you part of that 18 hour sickness fest Bayan?
                  Fortunately not, I stopped playing about part way through ToAU, not long before they tried that out. I played for a couple months at Wings of a Goddess launch but only did the first round of Story.

Lemon and Lime (the BtL/Galleon) HNM Alliance Shell did kill Vrtra with 4 active alliances... that **** was insane to organise - there was a Tank/Healer/SMN Alliance, a Casters MP Recovering Alliance with BRDs/RDMs/BLMs and SMNs, and then two groups of 12 ish people with some other tanks, lots of melee and healers who were killing the Skeletons and other adds. I think I spent hours spamming Widescan and pulling Skeletons for people to kill.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                    That's it, I don't mind to much, but ill attempt it when I want too, rather than being forced to. Right now the game just seems to be fun, and not an endless grindfest. Not once have I had to grind mobs for exp, instead you can focus of your hunting logs/fates and all that jazz.
                    After playing through a couple of phases now, I do wonder about whether people may need to grind when it comes to leveling jobs after their first one. The main storyline quests do a really good job of granting you EXP at a decent rate but those will be a one time thing and when I've tried to level other classes, I've found the Hunting Log wasn't enough.

I presume this is where leves will come into play but it seems the rate at which your leves refresh is even slower than in V1.0 which may be a problem.

Originally posted by Bayani Tenzen View Post
                    Lemon and Lime (the BtL/Galleon) HNM Alliance Shell did kill Vrtra with 4 active alliances... that **** was insane to organise - there was a Tank/Healer/SMN Alliance, a Casters MP Recovering Alliance with BRDs/RDMs/BLMs and SMNs, and then two groups of 12 ish people with some other tanks, lots of melee and healers who were killing the Skeletons and other adds. I think I spent hours spamming Widescan and pulling Skeletons for people to kill.
                    My one time doing Vrtra with Galleon (I wasn't very good). Obviously this was long after Lemmon & Lime.

I could have taken more pictures but if memory recalls, they would have been along the lines of the last two.
                    Last edited by C'; 08-07-2013, 16:58.

Comment

I just downloaded the PS3 beta today Tickle, so im ready to jump in on wednesday, just give me the details of when and where.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                        I just downloaded the PS3 beta today Tickle, so im ready to jump in on wednesday, just give me the details of when and where.
                        Sweet man! Create a character on shiva and let me know your name and ill show you the ropes!

Comment

Let's say I want to give this a go. Ps3 or pc?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                            Let's say I want to give this a go. Ps3 or pc?
                            Depends on your PC I suppose, but even if you hit only recommended spec I'd still go PC. Whats the spec of your PC?
                            Last edited by djtickle; 08-07-2013, 19:59.

Comment

PS3 caps at 30fps whereas even my 2010 PC can hold 60fps in most areas on High settings.

PS3 version really is only an option if you genuinely can't go the PC route.

The PC game has the same gamepad control options that were developed for the PS3 version (I use them) and there's even a setting that will label the button prompts as ABXY or Triange/Square/Cross/Circle depending on what type of controller you're using which was a nice touch.
                              Last edited by C'; 10-07-2013, 06:42.

Comment

Downloading this at the minute.

Is it better on the keyboard or a pad then?

Comment

Working...
                                X