Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night's tidy Ifrit for Kupo.

Comment

Really enjoyed this fight. Spoilers obviously (level 34), so haven't embedded.

Last edited by Rep; 06-09-2013, 23:20.

Comment

Yeah it was really good. The story is excellent from that point on.

I unlocked the hard version of that last night, not had chance to try it yet but I hear its pretty hard. Yet some people from my free company have managed to clear it. After 3 days they have 10 of us on the last stage of a relic apart from making them +1, which not knowing much from V1 I assume is much easier.

Have you guys seen AF2 yet? DRG looks awesome again!
        Last edited by djtickle; 07-09-2013, 09:15.

Comment

For rare http://eorzeareborn.com/map/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
            Really enjoyed this fight. Spoilers obviously (level 34), so haven't embedded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iEaV-I_aUA
            The music in that final stage. =D

Tanking that fight is the easiest thing I've done so far. Just spammed the same combo and was never going to lose hate. The the danger moves always seemed to target low enmity party members regardless so you guys had the hardest of it.

Was definitely a lot more fun in the second fight we did when I was on MNK.

Comment

It's true that to some of the dungeon bosses too. Tank just sits and spams, it's the rest of the party that has to worry about off tank attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                It's true that to some of the dungeon bosses too. Tank just sits and spams, it's the rest of the party that has to worry about off tank attacks.
                Apart from Stone Vigil! Nightmare of a boss!! Did it last night , however both DPS had died when he was at 70% hp, so it was just me and the WHM remaining- to my surprise we managed it!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                  Apart from Stone Vigil! Nightmare of a boss!! Did it last night , however both DPS had died when he was at 70% hp, so it was just me and the WHM remaining- to my surprise we managed it!
                  Feels good though don't it

Didn't get chance to catch up with you last night but ill be around later

Think Noel is nearing Ifrit be good to run that again

Comment

A newcomer to MMO's, I am having some trouble - quite apart from the still frequent disconnects. I am playing as Arcanist, now LV 15, but I've only gone solo so far as I don't have the confidence to join a party. In any quest battle with several enemies I find I cannot focus on the enemies - the cursor keeps returning to my carbuncle or a yellow jacket, it takes time to adjust and this leads to losing battles which should be won. I am playing on PS3. Any suggestions?

Comment

Anyone have any french contacts?

It doesn't look like they ship to the UK and the prices on ebay for the steel alone are a bit steep...

Comment

Just hit level 49 tonight. Up to the very final parts of the storyline now.

The storyline has just gotten stupidly epic. Very very well done. The later game fights (8 man+) are also extremely good fun, I guess they're easing you into the endgame content a little bit with that.

The only problem (and I kinda have fun with it, so it's not really a huge problem) is that from level 40 onwards, quests start to get very thin on the ground, and leves hardly give you any experience at all, meaning that FATEs are really the only feasible way to progress. I've spent the weekend pretty much in Northern Thanalan in a full 8 man party grinding fates, and the experience is phenominal. It's just a slight shame you're reliant on this to progress really.

If they buffed leves so they gave a substantial amount of experience in the later levels, and a substantial amount of Gil in the late game (at least enough to cover repair costs...) then everything would be perfect.

This is the finest experience I've ever had in an MMO though. I REALLY like that they force group content in order to progress with the story, and the skills required for the later primal fights and story battles are excellent. I'm very very happy with this from an organised group perspective.

Level Sync is a godsend as well - I've been able to fill in for Free Company members that are still going through lower level content and help people through. Kinda feels good to be pushing the DPS classes through Sastasha.

Things start to get to 'organised group' level at around 35+. I think the Brayflox Longstop last boss is where the idiot filters start to come into play. The second primal fight starts to throw instant death moves at you if you're out of position, and the third primal fight requires EVERYONE to know what they're doing at all times or it's a wipe. Looking forward to the hard mode encounters!
                        Last edited by Silvergun X; 08-09-2013, 23:39.

Comment

I'm progressing slowly through the early levels and enjoying the game - had my fist experiences of tanks that can't tank playing CNJ. On the whole though really good and the dungeon drops are frequent enough that it's quite easy to gear.

Got CNJ to 19 and GLD to 26 so far - going to take both to 30 and ACN to 15 to open up WHM and PLD for levelling to 50. Just about at the point to choose a grand company - thinking immortal flames at this point.

Comment

I find waiting outside the dungeons gets you partied up quicker than waiting on duty finder... I went through my first runs on the first three and a second run through sastasha last night.

ARC carbuncle is a hell of beastly tank... Made me feel a little useless with my MRD. Second run I played DPS and I'm incredibly proud of having maintained our party with Cure when the healer died and didn't seem to want to respawn.

Comment

For runs on a healer duty finder is instant, same for tanks...

Done about 4 runs in sastasha, 4 in tamtara, 1 copperbell and 1 hali.

Comment

Hmmm my counter was past the 15 minute mark when I was on duty finder with my MRD. Is it maybe different for a GLD? I had been invited to a party and was ready to start when it finally matched me with someone then I withdrew.

Comment

Working...
                                X