Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shrank in the wash!

Last edited by djtickle; 09-10-2013, 07:56.

Comment

This seems to be the Tickle and Rep update thread! How are the rest of you all? Do they even still come in here!! Wedge, Rare, Apa? I know Tox is on another Sever so I assume is just playing 11 still atm.

Another update from me anyway, added Whm Relic to my collection, and changed the picture above I did from my phone as I didnt realise it was so big!

WAR wil be next as I started that last night, followed by SMN, BRD, SCH and finally MNK to finish. I always thought the Armed to the Teeth achievement would be out of reach funny how SE flip things about. I assume they will add some kind of weapon that will be really hard to get, or maybe the next upgrade for these.

Unless the ones from turn 5 become the new relics but Id doubt that.
      Last edited by djtickle; 09-10-2013, 08:00.

Comment

I've not been on for the past week due to me playing GTA V & Splinter Cell Blacklist. I'll be making a return over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NoelEdwards View Post
          I've not been on for the past week due to me playing GTA V & Splinter Cell Blacklist. I'll be making a return over the weekend.
          Yeah only seen Lark online from here Mr K and has disappeared over the last couple of weeks too.

Also seems my FC is now offering tips for Titan in Bikinis -

Comment

Now with night-time reading

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/t08nl9v.jpg?1[/IMG]

EDIT- why have img tags stopped working for me D=

Comment

Its been a slow start for me, honestly just felt overwhelmed at the start with how much catching up there was to do quest/gear wise for every job, have been slowing doing a bit here and there and now have nearly all crafting/fieldcraft jobs upto date to my lvls. Did Brayflox last night with Rare so thats where I'm upto on the MSQ.

Finally feeling like I have the hang of Bard now, but BLM still confuses me with rotations and such, think I'll make Dragoon my next one to sort.

Fishing is good too, really find it relaxing and its just so simple.

I've not even thought about end game stuff at this point though, just taking my time with it.

I still am a bit annoyed at how they basically made all our melded gear totally worthless, all that melding in 1.0 to just end up throwing it all away as AF stats were bumped up, got two bits of Darklight out of all my melded stuff.
              Last edited by mikewl; 09-10-2013, 15:51.

Comment

Brayflox is my next port of call too now, so if anyone fancies it I'll be on most evenings.
                Unlocked sunken temple too, is that part of msq or optional?

Leves have started paying off too now, got a nice aetherial bone ring today. +3 to int and det with vit and crit bonuses
                Last edited by Daragon; 09-10-2013, 18:12.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                  Yeah only seen Lark online from here Mr K and has disappeared over the last couple of weeks
                  We're still here! Been on holiday for a few weeks and our subs have run out. With GTA and a bunch of other games right now we will renew once I've made a dent in them!
                  Last edited by MrKirov; 09-10-2013, 18:30.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
                    I still am a bit annoyed at how they basically made all our melded gear totally worthless, all that melding in 1.0 to just end up throwing it all away as AF stats were bumped up, got two bits of Darklight out of all my melded stuff.
                    Yeah that does suck, I was lucky really with that as I never really got to that point in V1 and was really just still collecting AF.

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                    We're still here! Been on holiday for a few weeks and our subs have run out. With GTA and a bunch of other games right now we will renew once I've made a dent in them!
                    Wooo! Few people in the LS have finished the MSQ you both have some catching up to do!!

Also looks like Server Transfers might be up on the 15th!!

If anyone wants to join me on Rag feel free ^^ Also my FC link is here if anyone wants to apply, ill put a good word in ^^

Last edited by djtickle; 11-10-2013, 09:45.

Comment

Bit of an achievement last night I'd say was messing around with Titan trying different setups out and thought we would try with one healer (whm). Went PLD, x3 BRD, x3 BLM and me on WAR (DPS) as I was doing it for relic too and we won 1st time. Seems mad that we have gone from 3 healers on that fight down to 1.

As a side note, we tried it with WAR tank and with a single WHM they pull far to much hate for WAR to hold.

That fights all about dodging and as long as people are not hit by bombs or plumes its a walk in the park.

Comment

still pottering about now and then on my lonsome on jp server, finding hard to get into 14, still prefer 11 to be honest but its dieing a slow painful death, done my pld quests to get abilitys back and started doing my armorer and smithing quests, but still dont like battle system that much =/

Comment

I've been away for a while, but should be back tomorrow. I've only been playing since the PS3 launch, so am way behind most people here. My highest levels are craft ones in early 20s, then archer and arcanist in the teens. Only tried a couple of parties due to lack of confidence and a dodgy connection. Got an ethernet cable so now just have to stop being a wuss.

Comment

Thats a shame Tox I have really got into it but I still cant get on with any of the control methods 100%. I started to use the new KB and Mouse layout but when you press S it only back peddles which makes it really hard for dodging. Legacy controls fix this but then camera movement becomes a pain.

Pad fixes all this but for some jobs I find I dont have enough buttons, but I guess with that it could just be practice using the R1 button.

It would all be fine if on normal controls S ran backwards instead of stepping back.

Finished WAR relic on friday, defo the most unimpressive looking relic so far.

Comment

Update notes..

■The following issue has been addressed: ・When using data centre travel to go to another world across physical data centres, if the character logged out from the destination world and did not log in for 30 or more days an error would occur when accessing the original or destination data centre and all characters belonging to the corresponding account would no longer be able to login.

Comment

Still trying to grind my monk from 48-49 but I just cant keep the momentum going. The thought of doing this for every other class I want to level just defeats me before I've even begun. Yes this is what happened in FFXI but for some reason it felt right doing so. If they wanted to rob Blizzard of any ideas then sinking loads of quests into the game that will allow each and every job a smoother path to 50 would have been it for me.

Loving crafting and gathering though, its time consuming to get the most xp out of each synth but progress is smooth and rewarding for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                                X